2022 Beijing Olympics: Don't Mention the Slaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Per the ISU rules, figure skating *and* short track speed skating ice sheets should be "international" sized, or 200'x100'
    They don't have to be, they certainly weren't in SLC or Vancouver.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Watching this US-Swiss game- seems that the IOC should be donating money to the NCAA for international recruiting. Maybe that would expand the NCAA women's game some to increase the depth of talent.

Comment

Second skier into the Mens downhill and we already have a crash. Coupled with Shiffrin and others missing gates in the Womens Super G it’s been a brutal day on the slopes.
        I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Canada is refusing to take the ice against ROC because ROC won’t share their COVID results. ROC has had multiple players in some stage of protocols since arriving.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Second skier into the Mens downhill and we already have a crash. Coupled with Shiffrin and others missing gates in the Womens Super G it’s been a brutal day on the slopes.
            Shiffrin made the post accident comment that she thought the conditions were great- but watching her and the accidents before her- it sure doesn't look like it. I know they love to race on ice, but that does not seem like ice you can really carve into. It was mentioned that the snow is different than anywhere else in the world- being that it's 100% man made, and they are skiing in a desert. A very cold desert.

They look like pretty nice facilities, but it sure doesn't look like a sustainable kind of event there.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              Canada is refusing to take the ice against ROC because ROC won’t share their COVID results. ROC has had multiple players in some stage of protocols since arriving.
              One team I'm ok with Canada putting the stomp down on.

Comment

Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

One team I'm ok with Canada putting the stomp down on.
                Canada ended up asking for a one hour delay. I still can’t find if the results were actually released during that timeframe, but Canada did get ROC to agree to wear masks for the game. That is, until the third period when the entire ROC team removed their masks.

Today is also when I found out how annoying NBC had made it to watch events. Looking for a replay to watch and couldn’t find one on the DVR. Figured the delay messed up the scheduling, no big deal. Go to the NBCSports App thinking the cable subscription would grant all-access. Nope. Ok, so you need Peacock for access to everything. But not regular free Peacock, you need Peacock Premium to watch. They own like eight channels, are only using three to broadcast events, and one of those isn’t even the Olympic Channel. They’re just showing highlight packages over and over on that one.

Meanwhile our neighbors to the North can stream everything on CBC’s website, for free it looks like. Although they aren’t paying so much money they dictate start times of events, so I guess they don’t have as much to recoup as NBC.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

So Tech has more than it's fair share of posters on this board, right?

Where the heck are you???? One of your alumni finished the best (by far) of any American in Biathalon!!!

Comment

Where the heck are you???? One of your alumni finished the best (by far) of any American in Biathalon!!!
                    Surprised they didn't compete for team Finland.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

That's pretty sweet. I love that event.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So…..85th?
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

NBC bringing Tirico back to the US earlier than expected.

So that must mean things are going well…
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

And, for the second time in this Olympics already, beneficial officiating call gives China a gold medal in Short Track.

It’s also time for our quadrennial reminder that Short Track is the Whose Line Is It Anyway of sports and also one of the worst sports in the Winter Olympics.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              And, for the second time in this Olympics already, beneficial officiating call gives China a gold medal in Short Track.

It’s also time for our quadrennial reminder that Short Track is the Whose Line Is It Anyway of sports and also one of the worst sports in the Winter Olympics.
                              It really is. There's absolutely no point to watching. The official results are never how they finished, and the penalties are seemingly determined by a blindfolded guy throwing darts.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

It really is. There's absolutely no point to watching. The official results are never how they finished, and the penalties are seemingly determined by a blindfolded guy throwing darts.
                                Not to mention you can lose out on a medal because someone just falls and trips you on the last lap (like what happened in 2002).
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X