The Mist movie, based on the Steven King book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mist movie, based on the Steven King book

Not sure if i posted this here before, but it's playing on cable right now, so i'm gonna take this opportunity. Thought some of you might find this interesting,

Took this picture on one of my bike rides I did a couple years ago. This is the actual supermarket that King based the story in. It's changed and been modernized over the years, it used to be your basic small stripmall type store, long and rectangular with glass all along the front. At the far end used to be a Laverdiere's drug store, which played a role in the plot.

*****http://i234.***********.com/albums/ee159/rufus21_photos/IMG_0454.jpg******

The road to the left there would be the road that The Mist would come sweeping down from. The store is located in Bridgton, Maine, where King had a summer camp on the lake at the time he wrote the story.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Re: The Mist movie, based on the Steven King book

You probably should have put this in the movie thread. There was a big fog bank rolling into Marquette a few days after I saw the movie, that I wish I had my camera for.

And it's my favorite Steven King based movie.

Comment

It's Stephen.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
        You probably should have put this in the movie thread. There was a big fog bank rolling into Marquette a few days after I saw the movie, that I wish I had my camera for.

And it's my favorite Steven King based movie.
        Really? It was alright, definitely better than most of the on-screen translations of his work, but I still prefer Stand By Me, Shawshank, and the Green Mile as far as film adaptations go.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          Really? It was alright, definitely better than most of the on-screen translations of his work, but I still prefer Stand By Me, Shawshank, and the Green Mile as far as film adaptations go.
          Misery, Christine, and IT for me.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
            The road to the left there would be the road that The Mist would come sweeping down from. The store is located in Bridgton, Maine, where King had a summer camp on the lake at the time he wrote the story.
            I was born in Bridgton and I almost never see the town name spelled correctly, so nice job.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
              I was born in Bridgton and I almost never see the town name spelled correctly, so nice job.
              It's 17 miles away, why would I get it wrong? Rocky Horror Picture Show at the Magic Lantern.

Then again, I can't spell Stephen King's name right.

I really wish someone would make a movie of The Long Walk, one of his Richard Bachman books.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
              X