Election Day 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

How did they reject that? Did they stop holding meetings? Did they stop issuing reports? Please explain exactly how they rejected that notion.
    The old adage is "the coverup is always worse than the crime."

When parents started asking what was going on, the LCSB effectively told them 'Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform' by closing ranks and calling in the DOJ.

It's the 'Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform' approach that was dooming.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-03-2021, 01:10 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

What the **** are you asking?
      The original statement was:
      It is my belief that there is no longer a lie vile enough or silly enough or too far-fetched for republicans to turn away from one of their candidates.
      Lie to me and I won't change because you're a liar.

I believe someone intended to say ...
      It is my belief that there is no longer a truth vile enough or silly enough or too far-fetched for republicans to turn away from one of their candidates.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
        New Jersey’s State Senate President may lose to a truck driver who spent a total of $153 on his campaign. That’s…unfortunate.
        I'm gonna guess the trucker's overall campaign message was something like this:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

When parents started asking what was going on, the LCSB effectively told them 'Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform' by closing ranks and calling in the DOJ.

Sorry, were parents presenting their cases in a calm and reasonable manner and being told to be quiet, or were they screaming and disrupting actual business at the meetings?

Was the FBI called because people were sitting their twiddling their thumbs or because people were making death threats against the board members?

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...fter-loud-par/

On Oct. 4, Garland sent a memo to the FBI, every U.S. attorney and the Justice Department’s Criminal Division.

"In recent months, there has been a disturbing spike in harassment, intimidation, and threats of violence against school administrators, board members, teachers, and staff who participate in the vital work of running our nation's public schools," Garland wrote Oct. 4. "While spirited debate about policy matters is protected under our Constitution, that protection does not extend to threats of violence or efforts to intimidate individuals based on their views."

Garland told the FBI to hold meetings across the country and bring together leaders at all levels of government to discuss "strategies for addressing threats against school administrators, board members, teachers, and staff, and (to) open dedicated lines of communication for threat reporting, assessment, and response."

The focus, Garland said, is on criminal conduct.

Justice Department spokesman Wyn Hornbuckle said nothing in Garland’s memo amounted to an "effort to silence those with particular views about COVID-related policies, school curricula, or other topics of public discussion."

"The department’s efforts are about rooting out criminal threats of violence, not about any particular ideology," Hornbuckle said.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• People think CRT is some sort of joke, well it’s not, and RIGHT NOW a child you care about might be learning it. Thank you Sic for shining a light on this most horrible of things.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Again. The attacks on the school board by parents are fine. 1/6 is fine. Rittenhouse is fine. Trump propagating the big lie is fine. Abrams, Clinton not accepting their losses well? Not fine. Critical Race Theory? Not fine. A Bathroom policy that addresses the rainbow of genders and people we have? Not fine. The 1/6 commission? Not fine? Benghazi commission? Fine.

It's very easy to follow and figure out. Republican? Fine. Democrat? Not fine.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Don'tcha know it's OK for Republican voters to issue death threats to public officials? We can't investigate/prosecute them, because I'm told that would create the appearance of partisan attacks for Republicans to disingenuously scream about, and we have no antidote or pushback for that!

Also, **** "momma bears". These same "momma bears" being cited are the exact same vapid, science-denying Trunts who won't get their kids vaccinated and shriek about making them wear a little cloth over their nose and mouth. So of course they're so ****ing retarded that they're all ginned up by OANN, Newsmax, Fox and their ilk to also believe that CRT is being taught to precious Little Johnny and now they're worried he's going to feel all guilty about being white. It's utter bullshit and these are exactly the people who shouldn't even be procreating, let alone sitting on school boards.

Comment

The original statement was:

Lie to me and I won't change because you're a liar.

I believe someone intended to say ...
                  You're an idiot.

A lie might be me telling my girlfriend it's me, not her, and that's why we're breaking up. I don't want to needlessly hurt her feelings and pile on, even though I believe all of our problems were her fault. A vile lie is saying the 2020 election was stolen, or black people are more likely to hurt you, or trans people want to use your bathroom because they are sexual predators.

A president lying about troop movements in a press conference to protect them might be a little worse than just keeping his or her mouth shut, but it was probably done for a good reason. Not vile. Most voters won't hold it against him or her. A president lying about all the fraud that is going to happen in an election and it will all be perpetrated by democrats and then doubling down on those lies for weeks and months to the point it causes violence (and death, but fortunately only to people like Ashli Babbit). Vile. And every republican who voted for trump in 2020 will vote for him again in 2024 as long as he is still breathing. And since they're republicans they're stupid, so most would vote for him even if he wasn't breathing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    People think CRT is some sort of joke, well it’s not, and RIGHT NOW a child you care about might be learning it. Thank you Sic for shining a light on this most horrible of things.
                    I am going to say this again...if this is a bit ****ing stop it. It isn't funny and you aren't making the points you think you are. Leave the sarcasm to those that understand it.

If you legit mean this...then walk into oncoming traffic.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What I think you mean is that while facts still exist, they no longer matter.

It is my belief that there is no longer a lie vile enough or silly enough or too far-fetched for republicans to turn away from one of their candidates. The kinds of middle of the road voters or disaffected democrats who vote for a guy like Larry Hogan in Maryland might turn their backs on him and vote for someone else if he starts spouting Qtard garbage about JFK appearing at Dealy Plaza or the next Stones concert, but self described republicans were going to vote for Ciatertarelli in New Jersey or Youngkin in Virginia no matter what.
                      Once they no longer matter they no longer exist.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That is not how it went at all no matter how much RWNJs say it is. The parents in question were often threatening aggressive and violent actions and not just there but all over. The appropriate response for that is exactly what they got. Stop pretending they are ****ing freedom fighters just because they believe the same lies you do.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Any significance here?

Michael Rainville ousts Council Member Steve Fletcher in Ward 3, which includes downtown Minneapolis. @WCCO

Comment

You're an idiot.

A lie might be me telling my girlfriend it's me, not her, and that's why we're breaking up. I don't want to needlessly hurt her feelings and pile on, even though I believe all of our problems were her fault. A vile lie is saying the 2020 election was stolen, or black people are more likely to hurt you, or trans people want to use your bathroom because they are sexual predators.

A president lying about troop movements in a press conference to protect them might be a little worse than just keeping his or her mouth shut, but it was probably done for a good reason. Not vile. Most voters won't hold it against him or her. A president lying about all the fraud that is going to happen in an election and it will all be perpetrated by democrats and then doubling down on those lies for weeks and months to the point it causes violence (and death, but fortunately only to people like Ashli Babbit). Vile. And every republican who voted for trump in 2020 will vote for him again in 2024 as long as he is still breathing. And since they're republicans they're stupid, so most would vote for him even if he wasn't breathing.
                            You're stating said "lie" is from the target. Now I see what you intended. I first read it as said "lie" aimed toward the target, you know, like the list Bob Muller said weren't so.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

That is not how it went at all no matter how much RWNJs say it is. The parents in question were often threatening aggressive and violent actions and not just there but all over. The appropriate response for that is exactly what they got. Stop pretending they are ****ing freedom fighters just because they believe the same lies you do.
                              “If you go to a school board meeting and you’re disruptive and you don’t obey the rules of the school board meeting, then there will be local punishment, ... But that has nothing to do with the federal law, it has nothing to do with the Department of Justice. What Merrick Garland did is, he’s attempting to stifle dissent, and he’s attempting to say, ‘Beware or Big Brother’s coming after you if you speak out against my policies or against the Biden policies.'” -- Senator Rand Paul

“It’s alarming because [of] this idea that somehow if parents show up at a school board to complain, if somebody there decides, ‘Well, we don’t like his tone of voice, we don’t like how loud he’s speaking, we don’t like how often he shows up,’ you can be reported, ... the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which should be focused on things like organized crime, things like drug traffickers, things like terrorism and others who seek to harm this country, is now going to divert resources to investigate parents because they scream too loudly, or maybe are even rude at a school board hearing? ... there are very few, if any senators – certainly people on the right, members of Congress as well – who have not been harassed in their private life … So they have normalized this behavior when it comes to left-wing protesters, but then when a parent speaks out about a school board, they want to sic the FBI on them. This is crazy.” -- Senator Marco Rubio

I do not condone threats, but the local LEOs, not the FBI, should be dealing with that category of behavior. Bringing in the FBI is exactly as Sen Paul says.

Attempting to stifle speech will always get the greatest response. See: Yesterday in VA.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• We never bring in the FBI for criminal cases anywhere ever, got it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X