Election Day 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BassAle View Post

I know Drew is a moron, but I think he's trolling.
    See it’s so hard to tell with him and his licking of Susie’s ***
    good idea but his visceral reaction to white kids was a bit too on point

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

You think CRT is an actual issue in Virginia? Want to buy a bridge?

Facts no longer exist that is why we lose.

BTW if you want to know I am glad Defund failed. Stuff like that which is why the Bernie Bros always lose.
      When I go to vote for or against Walz next November, the actions of Congress and whether the Dems nationally fulfilled their promises, will fall just behind the color of my pencil in terms of importance. My vote, and pretty much everyone else’s will be based upon how we feel he did in the state response to covid, whether we liked his business shut downs, how we feel he responded to the riots, and a million other issues local to Minnesota, not whether Trump endorsed his opponent. That’s what happened tonight in Va.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

When I go to vote for or against Walz next November, the actions of Congress and whether the Dems nationally fulfilled their promises, will fall just behind the color of my pencil in terms of importance. My vote, and pretty much everyone else’s will be based upon how we feel he did in the state response to covid, whether we liked his business shut downs, how we feel he responded to the riots, and a million other issues local to Minnesota, not whether Trump endorsed his opponent. That’s what happened tonight in Va.
        Yes but you think. They don't.

Look I get what you are saying but we live in a society where thousands think the Kennedys are showning up at the Stones concert to give Trump back his power and that vaccines have Lucifer inside them so we can track them and give them better 5G. Don't act like a Democrat don't assume the majority of the people know or care about anything but what they are told to care about.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

See it’s so hard to tell with him and his licking of Susie’s ***
          good idea but his visceral reaction to white kids was a bit too on point
          It's on point cause he is parroting the stupid. (In theory) He needs to indicate his sarcasm better if Bass and I are correct.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And do you not understand that "how you feel" about those things is now highly correlated with how people across the country feel about those things because we're all being fed the same information from about a dozen media conglomerates? Ie your thoughts on Walz will mirror a similar person's thoughts on DeSantis, or Abbott, dependant on the letter after that person's name.

The Dems may have facts on their side, but they still tend to be in an informational bubble too.

90% of this country votes on nothing more than the letter behind the name, and probably 90% of that group always votes for the same letter even if the devil incarnate ran for their party. Of the remaining 10%, at least half will always vote against the incumbent.

so no, not everybody votes the way you do.

Comment

Well, the rational people won my local races, so that's something.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Same here. Thr trumper school board candidates all were soundly kicked to the curb.

Comment

If I had a nickel for every time people here took one of Drew's obviously sarcastic comments seriously...

Comment

If current results hold, the Va. lower chamber will be split 50/50. The Dems will retain the Senate since it wasn't up this year.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Wat
                      well…… people in western pa were cheering for the braves
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Maybe progressives (not me, others) should have figured out they didn't win in 2020.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yes but you think. They don't.

Look I get what you are saying but we live in a society where thousands think the Kennedys are showning up at the Stones concert to give Trump back his power and that vaccines have Lucifer inside them so we can track them and give them better 5G. Don't act like a Democrat don't assume the majority of the people know or care about anything but what they are told to care about.
                          Look, I get there are some crazy people out there. But I firmly believe these types of elections are won or lost principally on two factors: the quality of the candidates and something one of the candidates either said or did or proposes that rings a bell with a big chunk of voters.

I think back to Jesse Ventura's win here in Minnesota. First, he was running against a couple of unimpressive candidates. Second, he was running on things like eliminating the high car registration fees and just fixing them at $50 or something. An extremely small and weird issue, but people liked the sound of it. Just strange little things like that.

IIRC, out in Virginia Youngkin was claiming he was going to do away with certain regressive fees or taxes. With those types of things people will be like, "yeah, that'll put a few bucks in my pocket" and they'll vote for the guy.

McAuliffe was running against Donald Trump, which at first glance is great because Trump got kicked there last year. Problem is, Trump wasn't in the race against McAuliffe.

If you are a candidate for governor, you need to figure out what people in your state are angry about or unhappy with or really want, then figure out your message around those things. Yeah, some of them may mirror things going on elsewhere in the country, but you need to figure out exactly how it's playing in your state.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            My mayoral candidate lost, so instead we get the one who whined about proposed revisions to the city charter being "woke". On the plus side, the proposal for a general revision of the city charter did pass (barely, by 55 votes).

Comment

No. They're won and lost on fear. And Republicans have figured out how to make everyone afraid of things they shouldn't be afraid of (CRT) and not afraid of things they should be afraid of (Jan 6th). Why did "defund the police" get so much traction? Cause it made everyone afraid. Why did CRT get so much traction? Cause it made everyone afraid. Why did January 6th get zero traction? Cause no one is afraid of it.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Look, I get there are some crazy people out there. But I firmly believe these types of elections are won or lost principally on two factors: the quality of the candidates and something one of the candidates either said or did or proposes that rings a bell with a big chunk of voters.

I think back to Jesse Ventura's win here in Minnesota. First, he was running against a couple of unimpressive candidates. Second, he was running on things like eliminating the high car registration fees and just fixing them at $50 or something. An extremely small and weird issue, but people liked the sound of it. Just strange little things like that.

IIRC, out in Virginia Youngkin was claiming he was going to do away with certain regressive fees or taxes. With those types of things people will be like, "yeah, that'll put a few bucks in my pocket" and they'll vote for the guy.

McAuliffe was running against Donald Trump, which at first glance is great because Trump got kicked there last year. Problem is, Trump wasn't in the race against McAuliffe.

If you are a candidate for governor, you need to figure out what people in your state are angry about or unhappy with or really want, then figure out your message around those things. Yeah, some of them may mirror things going on elsewhere in the country, but you need to figure out exactly how it's playing in your state.
                                So, the party out of power in the White House has won 11 of the last 12 Virginia Governor’s races. You think it comes down to local issues? Wouldn’t it be more likely that voter intensity of the opposite party, regardless of the issues or candidate, is powering those wins?
                                In one of the highest turnouts for a Virginia Governor’s race, Republicans won comfortably. Compared to 2020, 300,000 fewer Republican votes, and 800,000 fewer Democratic votes. Someone didn’t show up. You think Democrats didn’t show up over local issues?

Comment

Working...
                                X