Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire Uvalde School District Police Department suspended after "additional issues" were found.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/uvalde-...hooting-texas/
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• As part of my wife’s job, my wife ended up having a conversation with Jeronimo Yanez yesterday. While doing a background check on him, that’s when she realized who he was.

If you don’t remember the name, think “Philando Castile.”
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Does this story make sense to other people? https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...?p1=hp_primary

Like it’s horrible what happened but don’t really understand locking the guy up straight away. Genuine criminals have a lot less happen to them.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Because he drove into a store and killed someone? Being arrested doesn't mean charged or convicted.
          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Doesn’t there need to be some sort of evidence of negligence or an intentional act? I would think they would investigate for a bit before they throw the book at the guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              Doesn’t there need to be some sort of evidence of negligence or an intentional act? I would think they would investigate for a bit before they throw the book at the guy.
              Probably Cause is a fairly nebulous term in practice, isn't it? The facts, as we know them:
              • Driver drove his car hard into a store window
              • One DOA, multiple injuries
              • Driver passed a breathalyzer on scene
              Am I missing anything? The third part eliminates alcohol impairment but not any other potentiality. Arresting the driver is the safe bet here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Probably Cause is a fairly nebulous term in practice, isn't it? The facts, as we know them:
                • Driver drove his car hard into a store window
                • One DOA, multiple injuries
                • Driver passed a breathalyzer on scene
                Am I missing anything? The third part eliminates alcohol impairment but not any other potentiality. Arresting the driver is the safe bet here.
                Wouldn’t you rule out vehicle defect and at least have some sort of theory on what happened? If this guy is completely innocent I’m sure he’s traumatized enough from the accident and doesn’t need the police to make it that much worse.

Comment

• Guy who stepped in to beat the crap out of the Colorado Q club killer was arrested and held by police once they arrived on the scene. Because he was covered in blood.

Cuffed and held in a cruiser for some time, while he kept begging them to let him go so he could check on his family.

Back The Blue!!!!
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Wouldn’t you rule out vehicle defect and at least have some sort of theory on what happened? If this guy is completely innocent I’m sure he’s traumatized enough from the accident and doesn’t need the police to make it that much worse.
                    That might take weeks.

This person was arrested hours after the incident, so presumably there was discussion about it and it wasn't just a rash move by an on-the-scene officer.

Lots of innocent people are arrested, why concern over this particular one?

Comment

• Is the perp a white guy? Drew will always defend

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Guy who stepped in to beat the crap out of the Colorado Q club killer was arrested and held by police once they arrived on the scene. Because he was covered in blood.

Cuffed and held in a cruiser for some time, while he kept begging them to let him go so he could check on his family.

Back The Blue!!!!
                        I am the last person on this forum who would routinely defend the police, but in this case they did not really overstep their bounds unless they either brutalized the guy while he was cuffed or held him needlessly once his actions were more completely understood. If I shoot an armed intruder in my home and then dialed 911 I would expect the police to put me in cuffs while they secured my gun and the scene and made sure my story checked out, at least somewhat. And I am a middle aged, middle class, straight white guy. Having said that I am going simply by what your post noted. I have no idea what happened beyond that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

I am the last person on this forum who would routinely defend the police, but in this case they did not really overstep their bounds unless they either brutalized the guy while he was cuffed or held him needlessly once his actions were more completely understood. If I shoot an armed intruder in my home and then dialed 911 I would expect the police to put me in cuffs while they secured my gun and the scene and made sure my story checked out, at least somewhat. And I am a middle aged, middle class, straight white guy. Having said that I am going simply by what your post noted. I have no idea what happened beyond that.
                          What I read was that they held him for over an hour. That seems like massive overkill to me for someone who did something so heroic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

That might take weeks.

This person was arrested hours after the incident, so presumably there was discussion about it and it wasn't just a rash move by an on-the-scene officer.

Lots of innocent people are arrested, why concern over this particular one?
                            It just doesn’t seem like they have their ducks in a row at all. Maybe the have additional info or something but from everything I’ve read the driver cooperated 100% and wasn’t drinking or on his phone.

I guess for me there is a big difference between someone actively trying to cause harm to someone else and an apparent accident. In the updated story they said the guy is going to have to pay to defend himself which sucks if he’s completely innocent(I know he’s not the only one so get that.)

Comment

• Completely innocent. Someone died because of something he did. Innocent.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Ask yourself why you're so invested in this, but not in the zillions of other cases where police arrested someone on strange probable cause.

Comment

Working...
                                X