This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I refuse to believe you're this dumb. So I say again, go seek medical treatment because you must have had a stroke.
    In nuke power school you just failed that question on the test; the instructor's note said "ATQ".

Answer the question.

You didn't even get a RAWR (right answer, wrong reason) or RAWQ (right answer, wrong question).

PS - I still use those on exams I grade.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 07-07-2022, 12:53 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

They get named but it is the city/state that pays not them or the union. If cops pensions/funding were on the line they would kill a lot less Black People.
      overnight
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

In nuke power school you just failed that question on the test; the instructor's note said "ATQ".

Answer the question.

You didn't even get a RAWR (right answer, wrong reason) or RAWQ (right answer, wrong question).

PS - I still use those on exams I grade.
        Jesus H Christ in a handbasket.

Ok, Holiday Inn Express guest, go find your nearest Grisham novel and let's walk through the holes in your scenario.

What is the burden of proof required to be criminally convicted?

What is the burden of proof required to be liable in a civil trial?

If those are not the same, is there a gap where one could be liable/guilty in one court but not the other?

In a criminal trial, does the jury ever return a verdict of "innocent"?

Does a failure to convict in a criminal trial mean the defendent didn't commit a wrongful act?

Is the victim a named party in a criminal case?

If not, who is?

Does the victim have their own interests separate from whoever else may be a named party in a criminal case?

Are there reasons the named parties in a criminal case may resolve the case without a conviction having nothing to do with the defendant's actual innocence or guilt?

Now use your allegedly healthy brain, and the answers to those questions, and figure out for yourself why your scenario is bad and you should feel bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Let's face it - most cops are bastards. Assuming you follow the 10-70-20 rule of most organizations, the 5-10% who could effect genuine change often don't last long on the force due to internal resistance and not-so-subtle threats to their career path from the department brass and the FOP. The idea of "hero" cops is propped up by an excessive number of pro-cop movies and TV shows. Those cops are needles in a haystack of apathetic mediocrity - the 70% for whom it's just a steady job that didn't require much in the way of academics - and actual shitbirds, the worst 20% for whom it's about the power of the badge.
          All you need to do is look at the Floyd Murder. One of the cops was a newb who joined the force to try and fix things from the inside...and the first time he had a chance to do it he stood by and watched a ****ing psycopath kill a man in broad daylight for passing a bad $20 bill and being stoned.

Being a cop is no different than anything else...power corrupts and the corruption rots the entire barrel almost instantaneously.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Jesus H Christ in a handbasket.

Ok, Holiday Inn Express guest, go find your nearest Grisham novel and let's walk through the holes in your scenario.

What is the burden of proof required to be criminally convicted?

What is the burden of proof required to be liable in a civil trial?

If those are not the same, is there a gap where one could be liable/guilty in one court but not the other?

In a criminal trial, does the jury ever return a verdict of "innocent"?

Does a failure to convict in a criminal trial mean the defendent didn't commit a wrongful act?

Is the victim a named party in a criminal case?

If not, who is?

Does the victim have their own interests separate from whoever else may be a named party in a criminal case?

Are there reasons the named parties in a criminal case may resolve the case without a conviction having nothing to do with the defendant's actual innocence or guilt?

Now use your allegedly healthy brain, and the answers to those questions, and figure out for yourself why your scenario is bad and you should feel bad.

Set a new standard:
            An on-duty cop, that performed an act that did not criminally break the law, is exempt from civil litigation for the same act. Then tighten up criminal law around on-duty cops. Set a higher standard, and make it hurt.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Set a new standard:
              An on-duty cop, that performed an act that did not criminally break the law, is exempt from civil litigation for the same act. Then tighten up criminal law around on-duty cops. Set a higher standard, and make it hurt.
              I take back what I said before. You really are that stupid.
              Last edited by unofan; 07-07-2022, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Holy crap...I am actually glad you quoted that because it is becoming clear Sicatoka has spent too much time around EMPs and fried his ****ing brain.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Thinking that police - and lawmakers and judges - would allow any of that to happen is like insisting that we just build unicorns that can instantly beam us to work.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Set a new standard:
                    The only way idiots like you ever learn is by experience, and even then your brain is so full of mush that I doubt it would matter.

How would you like it if someone did something to you that cost you your livelihood or was otherwise an egregious financial, emotional or physical burden but it wasn't a criminal act? You gonna spend the rest of your life stoically living in the poor house with a barrel and some straps for clothes so you can own us libs? No, you're going to sue the **** out of them because that is your right and it is the responsible, sane thing for you to do.

Try this on for size, Chief. The next time you go in for routine, but needed, surgery there is a paperwork snafu and instead of having, say, your gall bladder removed they take your one good kidney. You now have to live the rest of your life on dialysis. And if your standard was the law, I guess you couldn't sue the doctors, the hospital or anyone else.

Some of your posts make Hershel Walker look like a Rhodes Scholar.

Comment

• I'm saying set a new and tougher standard for cops.
                      I said "tighten up criminal law around on-duty cops. Set a higher standard, and make it hurt."

For cops, make reckless damage to civilian property a criminal offense. Probably get fewer police chases and police shots fired. And that's what you want, right?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Police chases shouldn't exist at all because they're a waste of resources and are as dangerous as firing a gun at a suspect in a mall.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I'm saying set a new and tougher standard for cops.
                          I said "tighten up criminal law around on-duty cops. Set a higher standard, and make it hurt."

For cops, make reckless damage to civilian property a criminal offense. Probably get fewer police chases and police shots fired. And that's what you want, right?
                          Putting aside the absurdity of your premise, are you suggesting that we criminalize certain non-criminal actions, such as anti-union actions? Or are you suggesting that cops should get away with anti-union acts without repercussion?

For example, Supervisor Cop fires Subordinate Cop for trying to form a union. In your scenario, does Supervisor Cop go to jail AND get sued? Or neither?

FWIW, this example comes from my first trial (which should tell you that there was no qualified immunity).
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• https://twitter.com/radleybalko/stat...ipYit84LA&s=19

SWAT team raids house for a robbery suspect. Flashbangs ignite the house, which is then engulfed in flames. After the fire, police find the body of a 14-year-old boy. He was not the suspect. Nor was the family who live in the house.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• They shouldn't have been at a house that would be wrongly raided. I bet that kid was a future gangster anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Putting aside the absurdity of your premise, are you suggesting that we criminalize certain non-criminal actions, such as anti-union actions?
                                If the Legislature made that a crime, it'd be a crime. But you do bring up a most curious example. Not sure why you leapt to "union".

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X