Cops: No Snarky Nor Positive Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Your poor SAT scores and substandard virility do not grant you the power of life or death.
    Maybe not, but my gun and badge do. Lib+ard
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      I unfortunately watched the video and saw an athletic football player build person with a cop on his back trying to hold him down. Cop yells to drop the tazer, dude does a pushup to get the cop off him, and gets a round point blank to the back of the skull. Cop then locks eyes with the videographer knowing this was captured in 4K.
      At that moment I was sincerely worried for the person with the cam. Killers don't like evidence they can't, you know, "analyze."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Maybe not, but my gun and badge do. Lib+ard
        "You get more with a gun and a kind word than just a kind word."
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

However you want to analyze the cop's decision to shoot the man, the perp was 100% fully resisting arrest and you don't get to minimize that aspect just because you don't like the eventual outcome. No this is not me defending the cop shooting him.
          This was all started about a questionable tag on a car, right? Why in the world do we need to apprehend the driver in a manner where he's cuffed up or taken to jail? What arrest was being resisted???? When does a tag violation turn into an arrest????

We let perpetual drunk drivers back on the road to kill people, and this case he needs to use any force for a simple freaking tag? Seriously?

Let him run, take the car. The loss of the car will be punishment enough.

There was zero reason this needed to be escalated beyond giving a ticket, and if he ran away, take the car.

And then to the "resist arrest" concept- do people really expect complete submission? That the driver would totally accept being arrested and taken someplace just for a freaking tag? He was just trying to run- let him, what's the loss?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

This was all started about a questionable tag on a car, right? Why in the world do we need to apprehend the driver in a manner where he's cuffed up or taken to jail? What arrest was being resisted???? When does a tag violation turn into an arrest????

We let perpetual drunk drivers back on the road to kill people, and this case he needs to use any force for a simple freaking tag? Seriously?

There was zero reason this needed to be escalated beyond giving a ticket, and if he ran away, take the car.

And then to the "resist arrest" concept- do people really expect complete submission? That the driver would totally accept being arrested and taken someplace just for a freaking tag? He was just trying to run- let him, what's the loss?
            Cause he didn’t respect mah author-ah-tai!!! Back the blue!!!
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

At that moment I was sincerely worried for the person with the cam. Killers don't like evidence they can't, you know, "analyze."
              Same.

A couple days ago I saw a Tweet that said multiple shots were fired; so while viewing that footage last night, when the cop locked eyes I though "oh my God the cop is going to fire at him too."
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Why can't you address what I wrote?

Its very well possible the situation should have never graduated to a struggle in the first place but that's a different topic.

To be clear I lean towards the argument the cop is guilty of a crime here and very possibly murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  Cause he didn’t respect mah author-ah-tai!!! Back the blue!!!
                  Sadly, I think this is on point.

What is the Dumpy_white_cop / white_cop ratio? 90%? 98%?

These are small d1cks who went gunning for a way to compensate.

End the Right.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Starting to?
                    Well he was just the angry dude at the end of the bar before...now he is just a leftwing Donald Trump sounding dude. Jordan Klepper should interview him ;^)
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      I unfortunately watched the video and saw an athletic football player build person with a cop on his back trying to hold him down. Cop yells to drop the tazer, dude does a pushup to get the cop off him, and gets a round point blank to the back of the skull. Cop then locks eyes with the videographer knowing this was captured in 4K.

As for doorbells, I don't like the Ring "cool down timer" where once a motion has triggered it, another event doesn't cause a new recording to start for a couple minutes. (Example, I walk up to the door, peek in the window, walk away. Ring alerts and starts recording for the initial walk up and sees me walk away. What it didn't record or alert to was the follow up where half a minute later I walk back up to the door and kick it in.)

My wife and I have Nest (now Google) and I pay for the 5 day continuous video recording. And we love that we can go back throughout those five days and make a short or long of a clip for any event we want.

I do believe Ring has a similar continuous record mode though, so it just goes to whom you trust more with your data. I'm already pretty deep with Google, so I'm fine with keeping Nest.
                      I dont have a cool down timer on mine...I know this because in the summer a spider always sets it off like 5 times a night usually back to back unless I turn off notifications for an hour.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• We have the Arlo. It will occasionally go off for pedestrians walking by, or our neighbor's outdoor cats on the prowl, but on the whole I'm pretty happy with it. We tried to do the hard-wired version first, but it turned out the transformer on our original doorbell is busted and we have no way to replace it without tearing out drywall, which well, **** that for a doorbell. So we exchanged it for the wireless/battery version and also purchased a wireless chime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Why can't you address what I wrote?

Its very well possible the situation should have never graduated to a struggle in the first place but that's a different topic.

To be clear I lean towards the argument the cop is guilty of a crime here and very possibly murder.
                          Sorry, I was using your post as the easiest one that posted "resisting arrest".

And I very much don't see it as a different topic. That whole stop started and ended that way because of who the person was. If it were a white guy from GR, he would have gotten a ticket, and let to drive away. Or at least would have been allowed to just run.

The murder was pretty inevitable given he had to "arrest" the driver for the wrong tag. And it was marked by the execution style shooting in the back of the head.

Comment

He's trying to run away. He isn't trying to harm the cop.

If you are such a bad cop your choices comes down to letting a man run against using deadly force, let him go.

How hard is this to understand?

Your poor SAT scores and substandard virility do not grant you the power of life or death.
                            He ran, the cop tackled him, they get up, guy is still struggling, cop pulls the taser out, misses, guy grabs the taser, more scuffling ensues, cop shoots guy.

There's a whole lot of intervening events between "guy ran away" and "guy gets killed" that you can't just ignore.

Absolutely, 100%, I agree that if the guy is white and a native-English speaker the initial stop goes smoother and the guy likely never runs, let alone gets shot. But the focus of any inquiry is going to be on what exactly happened after the taser came out. Everything before that is relatively meaningless, even if you think it shouldn't be.

Comment

do people really expect complete submission?
                              People? Nope. Law? Yep.

In most if not all states, it's illegal to resist an arrest even if the arrest itself is illegal.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

He ran, the cop tackled him, they get up, guy is still struggling, cop pulls the taser out, misses, guy grabs the taser, more scuffling ensues, cop shoots guy.

There's a whole lot of intervening events between "guy ran away" and "guy gets killed" that you can't just ignore.

Absolutely, 100%, I agree that if the guy is white and a native-English speaker the initial stop goes smoother and the guy likely never runs, let alone gets shot. But the focus of any inquiry is going to be on what exactly happened after the taser came out. Everything before that is relatively meaningless, even if you think it shouldn't be.
                                Why the **** was the cop chasing him? Once he was out of the car, let him run and impound the car. Done. A far more appropriate penalty for a license plate violation.

And I the idea that a person can't defend themselves is hard to accept. IMHO, it's pretty normal to try to avoid getting tasered, just like it would be to try not to get shot.

Every single step of the way, the physical escalation came from the cop.

Comment

Working...
                                X