Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't watch the video because I will not watch someone being murdered. The sad part is if I or someone else who is legally entitled to carry a firearm and knows when and why to use it would have shot that cop in the head before he could shoot that victim in the head, we'd be the ones going to prison. At best. Yet for there to be true justice in the world, that is what should have happened. I don't know what that victim was accused of doing, or suspected of doing, that was against the law. But whatever it was, it wouldn't have seen him legally executed anywhere in the United States. Yet that is what happened. It seems that in that circumstance deadly force against the cop would have been justified. One person in that situation deserved to be shot so he would not murder someone who did not deserve to be shot.

You want to end the right Kep? Maybe we need to start shooting back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      1. That cop is going to jail forever.
      I would not bet on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        I won't watch the video because I will not watch someone being murdered. The sad part is if I or someone else who is legally entitled to carry a firearm and knows when and why to use it would have shot that cop in the head before he could shoot that victim in the head, we'd be the ones going to prison. At best. Yet for there to be true justice in the world, that is what should have happened. I don't know what that victim was accused of doing, or suspected of doing, that was against the law. But whatever it was, it wouldn't have seen him legally executed anywhere in the United States. Yet that is what happened. It seems that in that circumstance deadly force against the cop would have been justified. One person in that situation deserved to be shot so he would not murder someone who did not deserve to be shot.

I'm just saying, if you won't watch the video, how can you be personally certain that it wasn't justified? That's not too different than the average right wing fundy wanting to ban books they've never read because they simply know they're the devil's work.

The entire situation sucks. But the guy appeared to be resisting. So it'll come down to whether a jury believes he got a hold of the officer's taser and whether the officer reasonably believed his safety was at risk. (Edit: if it makes it that far).

This isn't George Floyd being pinned by 4 cops for 20 minutes. From the time the guy initially ran to the time the cop shot him was about 2 minutes, if that, and there was a struggle in there.

I sure as **** wouldn't want to be on that jury.

Comment

I won't watch the video because I will not watch someone being murdered. The sad part is if I or someone else who is legally entitled to carry a firearm and knows when and why to use it would have shot that cop in the head before he could shoot that victim in the head, we'd be the ones going to prison. At best. Yet for there to be true justice in the world, that is what should have happened. I don't know what that victim was accused of doing, or suspected of doing, that was against the law. But whatever it was, it wouldn't have seen him legally executed anywhere in the United States. Yet that is what happened. It seems that in that circumstance deadly force against the cop would have been justified. One person in that situation deserved to be shot so he would not murder someone who did not deserve to be shot.

This is what you see in the video.

First, as noted by others, the person filming the incident does a horrible job. Good portions of the video are simply footage of the grass and sidewalk at the feet of the operator of the cellphone camera.

When they bother to point the camera at the incident in question, you see a white, male cop essentially wrestling with a black, male detainee.

The footage (again, that we can see) basically shows the cop trying to wrestle the black male to the ground, pretty much unsuccessfully. It's three plus minutes of hand to hand combat. The cop makes at least one command to stop fighting him. Part way through the footage you hear what sounds like a taser being discharged (the narrator, whoever that is, seems to confirm this). You then hear multiple commands from the cop to the black male demanding that he let go of the taser, as they continue to wrestle.

The final footage shows the black male on his hands and knees, with the cop on the man's back, and the cop reaches to his holster to grab his gun, and fires.

I'm not certain anyone is going to jail for this incident.
          Last edited by SJHovey; 04-13-2022, 04:13 PM.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

No, every time a lefty shoots a righty we get HURR TOUGH ON CRIME DURR from well scrubbed white suburbanites and a twenty year reign of paramilitary police violence.

We end the Right by dialing civil rights, social programs, and consumer protections up to 11. Repeal the last 40 years of fiscal policy. Shrink the upper class to the size where it can be drowned in a bathtub.

Without the rich using poor stupid whites as shock troops the latter will just fall back into their normal state of meth-addicted welfare dependency. And with a socially and economically just nation we can afford that. Just sling them into their hammock of indolence and let the productive 70% of us flourish. We'll throw them trucks and sofas with cupholders and botox for their wives and fake boobs for their daughters, and we'll give them cradle-to-grave mindless makework in the army. Ring their states with razorwire and let them sink into their death cult catatonia.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

1. That cop is going to jail forever.

2. The guy shooting the video, and everybody in future, needs to keep the people in frame at all times. Can't ever let the cops have any opportunity to claim the video is compromised.

2.5 Come on, son. Landscape not profile.

3. The person who passed on the video should not have commented or paused the video at any time. Again, can't give The Brotherhood any wiggle room.

I wonder how many millions of black people white cops have out and out murdered in the US? More than 1?

More than 10?

End the Right.
              Yes absolutely. You gotta think like you're documenting a crime in progress. Details are incredibly important.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Doesn't one of the doorbell camera firms out there partner with hundreds of law enforcement agencies? Ring? That would be something I would want to avoid.
                Ring has done some suuuuper sketchy **** like that

Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  You gotta think like you're documenting a crime in progress.
                  Because you are.

Every person anywhere near anything going down with cops ought to be filming them and sending that footage straight to the cloud in case the very-easily-thinkable happens.

The fact that these ****s are always "accidentally" turning off their cams, which they still control, tells you they are as terrified of oversight as the Tysons chicken plant is of the FDA and OSHA.

The cops should welcome it, as it will vindicate them if they had real cause to use deadly force.

Yet they fear it. Huh. Wonder why.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• NDhockey is starting to sound like a fundy.funny..

As for The Ring...I wired mine so no battery issue :^)
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      NDhockey is starting to sound like a fundy.funny..
                      Starting to?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

This is what you see in the video.

First, as noted by others, the person filming the incident does a horrible job. Good portions of the video are simply footage of the grass and sidewalk at the feet of the operator of the cellphone camera.

When they bother to point the camera at the incident in question, you see a white, male cop essentially wrestling with a black, male detainee.

The footage (again, that we can see) basically shows the cop trying to wrestle the black male to the ground, pretty much unsuccessfully. It's three plus minutes of hand to hand combat. The cop makes at least one command to stop fighting him. Part way through the footage you hear what sounds like a taser being discharged (the narrator, whoever that is, seems to confirm this). You then hear multiple commands from the cop to the black male demanding that he let go of the taser, as they continue to wrestle.

The final footage shows the black male on his hands and knees, with the cop on the man's back, and the cop reaches to his holster to grab his gun, and fires.

I'm not certain anyone is going to jail for this incident.
                        Hand to hand combat?!?!?!?!??!!? The dude isn't really fighting back or doing anything to the cop at all, just refusing to be tackled. I can't imagine why someone wouldn't want to end up face down with a cop on his back...
                        That guy is a straight up murderer. Defending him even a little is disgusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

Hand to hand combat?!?!?!?!??!!? The dude isn't really fighting back or doing anything to the cop at all, just refusing to be tackled. I can't imagine why someone wouldn't want to end up face down with a cop on his back...
                          That guy is a straight up murderer. Defending him even a little is disgusting.
                          However you want to analyze the cop's decision to shoot the man, the perp was 100% fully resisting arrest and you don't get to minimize that aspect just because you don't like the eventual outcome. No this is not me defending the cop shooting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

However you want to analyze the cop's decision to shoot the man, the perp was 100% fully resisting arrest and you don't get to minimize that aspect just because you don't like the eventual outcome. No this is not me defending the cop shooting him.
                            He's trying to run away. He isn't trying to harm the cop.

If you are such a bad cop your choices comes down to letting a man run against using deadly force, let him go.

How hard is this to understand?

Your poor SAT scores and substandard virility do not grant you the power of life or death.
                            Cornell University

Comment

He's trying to run away. He isn't trying to harm the cop.

If you are such a bad cop your choices comes down to letting a man run against using deadly force, let him go.

How hard is this to understand?

Your poor SAT scores and substandard virility do not grant you the power of life or death.
                              I work in a field that’s inherently more dangerous than being a police officer. We’re trained how to properly restrain patients to keep both their safety and ours the top priority, assuming they become dangerous enough to warrant being restrained in the first place. If at any point during the hold the patient is in an unsafe position, we let them go. If they warrant being restrained again, we try again. If they’re calmer, or they walk/run away, we don’t chase them down and restrain them. It’s a constant assessment of the situation. I’d get fired on the spot for excessive force against a patient, not least of which because most of them are children/adolescents. My leeway for force is far narrower than for police officers, and yet I likely have more instances on a daily basis where I may need to use it.
                              For this officer, non-lethal force could have been used, especially once he gained the upper hand and was on top of the dude.

Comment

• I unfortunately watched the video and saw an athletic football player build person with a cop on his back trying to hold him down. Cop yells to drop the tazer, dude does a pushup to get the cop off him, and gets a round point blank to the back of the skull. Cop then locks eyes with the videographer knowing this was captured in 4K.

As for doorbells, I don't like the Ring "cool down timer" where once a motion has triggered it, another event doesn't cause a new recording to start for a couple minutes. (Example, I walk up to the door, peek in the window, walk away. Ring alerts and starts recording for the initial walk up and sees me walk away. What it didn't record or alert to was the follow up where half a minute later I walk back up to the door and kick it in.)

My wife and I have Nest (now Google) and I pay for the 5 day continuous video recording. And we love that we can go back throughout those five days and make a short or long of a clip for any event we want.

I do believe Ring has a similar continuous record mode though, so it just goes to whom you trust more with your data. I'm already pretty deep with Google, so I'm fine with keeping Nest.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X