Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I saw a news report that it may have been a drunk driving incident, although I don't know that I've heard anything definitively.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I thought I saw a news report that it may have been a drunk driving incident, although I don't know that I've heard anything definitively.
      This is so on brand.

Comment

• Cope would have to actually arrest the guy If he was drunk . After the pats on the back of course

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

This is so on brand.
          First instinct is to excuse the incident. Check.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

First instinct is to excuse the incident. Check.
            Drunk driving is an excuse? Maybe in Maine or New Hampshire or wherever you're hiding out it is, but I'm pretty sure it's still against the law here in Minnesota, especially when you kill someone while doing it.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• You don't know that he was drunk.

But that's the story you're choosing to go with. As was said, so on point.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Pretty much every story about it says he was likely impaired with drugs or alcohol. None of them make it sound like an accident though. This is not what I would classify as a "drunk driving incident" which is what is implied with such a comment.

So, technically SJHovey is correct but seeing as he spends half his time here being Mr. Pedantic he knows what he said is also wrong. Yes the driver was (likely) drunk when he hit the parked car that hit the woman. (it was parked to protect the protesters and flew through the air he hit it so hard) The driver didn't do this BECAUSE he was drunk though. Drunk Drivers don't intend to kill people they are just trying to get from Point A to Point B. It is, by definition an accident. This waste of carbon (likely) did it to go after the protestors and just happened to have a few drinks and maybe some narcotics before doing so. It was likely not an accident, he just needed liquid courage to do it because (if this was pre-meditated) he has zero ability to hold an erection and is too chicken**** to take his own life so he has to kill others for daring to have a ****ing opinion.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Pretty much every story about it says he was likely impaired with drugs or alcohol. None of them make it sound like an accident though. This is not what I would classify as a "drunk driving incident" which is what is implied with such a comment.

So, technically SJHovey is correct but seeing as he spends half his time here being Mr. Pedantic he knows what he said is also wrong. Yes the driver was (likely) drunk when he hit the parked car that hit the woman. (it was parked to protect the protesters and flew through the air he hit it so hard) The driver didn't do this BECAUSE he was drunk though. Drunk Drivers don't intend to kill people they are just trying to get from Point A to Point B. It is, by definition an accident. This waste of carbon (likely) did it to go after the protestors and just happened to have a few drinks and maybe some narcotics before doing so. It was likely not an accident, he just needed liquid courage to do it because (if this was pre-meditated) he has zero ability to hold an erection and is too chicken**** to take his own life so he has to kill others for daring to have a ****ing opinion.
                  I wasn't "technically" right. I was actually right. News reports indicated that the guy was likely under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

You'll note that nowhere in my post did I suggest some sort of accidental death, even though you (and apparently others here) chose to project that into the post.

Comment

I wasn't "technically" right. I was actually right. News reports indicated that the guy was likely under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
                    See, that right there was his critical error. You can’t plow into protestors while drunk - you’re supposed to do it ON PURPOSE if you want to be exonerated.
                    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      See, that right there was his critical error. You can’t plow into protestors while drunk - you’re supposed to do it ON PURPOSE if you want to be exonerated.
                      That's what separates Reckless Driving from Religious Freedumb.

If a con runs over a bunch of BLM protesters he can sue them for damage to his truck.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Are any gpl posters missing today? Lol

Comment

You'll note that nowhere in my post did I suggest some sort of accidental death, even though you (and apparently others here) chose to project that into the post.
                          Technically all true but you must understand adding this tidbit gave the impression you were tossing out the question of whether or not he did it on purpose. That may not have been your intent but it was the first impression that came to mind as I read the post.

Comment

• I certainly read it as "exoneration" of another potential Republican act of terrorism.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Technically all true but you must understand adding this tidbit gave the impression you were tossing out the question of whether or not he did it on purpose. That may not have been your intent but it was the first impression that came to mind as I read the post.
                              But I think a large part of that has to do with what a sizable number of posters think I think, or think I posted about before.

I don't believe I've ever suggested that any of the other drivers who have run over protesters should have their conduct excused. Did anyone hear any objections from me when those drivers were prosecuted and held accountable for their actions?

Heck, I don't even consider drunk driving an "accident." As far as I'm concerned, if you intentionally consume alcoholic beverages and then intentionally place yourself behind the wheel of a car, you've just intentionally caused whatever collision or death that may follow.

Comment

But I think a large part of that has to do with what a sizable number of posters think I think, or think I posted about before.
                                My conclusion had nothing to do with a faulty memory of you exonerating likewise behavior in the past - I have zero recollection of you doing so. But there is a whole package thing going on here and perception can be a ***** to overcome. To be fair I am not sure I would conclude differently if a more left-leaning poster made the comment. It was poorly timed and immaterial at least contextually.

Comment

Working...
                                X