This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incompetence.

Found this website which lists hours of training needed to become a cop by state.

In Michigan, I need 4,000 hours of supervision before I can even take the LMSW/LCSW exam, but cops only need 650 hours of basic with no field training.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• This curfew **** is getting old.

Arrest the media. Impose curfew. Roll in military units. Do nothing to fix the actual problem.

Sounds a little faschy to me.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah I never much cared I got pulled over. I never got a ticket. I guarantee some of those situations were may more dangerous to the cops than this was. Why the hell is she pulling a weapon?
        For the same reason blacks used to get lynched all the time: Because cops can brutalize and even kill unarmed black men who pose no real danger to them with impunity. It has been ingrained that they are well within their rights and will face no consequences. How many black men would have been lynched if every time it happened those doing the lynching would have had to worry about being charged and convicted of murder? Two things can end this madness. Either successfully prosecute every cop who murders an unarmed victim or anyone else who was not posing a real or reasonably perceived danger. The other way is a lot more dangerous to the cops.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          This curfew **** is getting old.

Arrest the media. Impose curfew. Roll in military units. Do nothing to fix the actual problem.

Sounds a little faschy to me.
          Yeah it’s the same damn thing. Restaurant called me to cancel due to curfew and I said it’s ok, dude. I’m not mad that you’re cancelling my long awaited reservation. I’m mad that this **** keeps happening and nothing changes

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Yeah it’s the same damn thing. Restaurant called me to cancel due to curfew and I said it’s ok, dude. I’m not mad that you’re cancelling my long awaited reservation. I’m mad that this **** keeps happening and nothing changes
            This is going to be, as Walz put it, the largest mobilization of law enforcement in MN history and will be backed by the national guard.

What in the actual **** is that? He doesn't see the problem here? DO SOMETHING.
            I know he's hamstrung by the GOP-held Senate, so instead, make it clear your office is making changes and put on a media campaign. Get the impacted communities involved and mobilized.

This is the second time in the last few weeks where Walz has shown himself to be pretty feckless. Roll in the troop when we kill another black person and open up while MN is spiking B117 because you're too weak to do what's right.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

They trained to do it only to blacks?

On second thought, don't answer that, I'm already annoyed enough.
              No, I’ve been pulled over twice on stuff like this. Once when I was 21/22, the next when I was early 30s. I’ve never been asked to get out of the car.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Adding to what we (think we) know:
                • traffic stop was for expired tags (which, yeah that's common)
                • warrant was for failure to appear in court on gun possession charges
                Put these together and pretty much anyone is going to end up in the back seat of a car with cuffs on. However, that doesn't change the fact that the police officers:
                • immediately lost control of the situation
                • should not have chased the victim (then suspect) as they had his name and address
                • inconceivably mistook a hand gun for a tazer
                • fired a lethal weapon in a non-lethal situation

So again, I'm back to putting this entirely on the the police. Yes, the victim may have been... not so smart. But the idea that resisting arrest should be a death sentence is insane to me.
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

This is going to be, as Walz put it, the largest mobilization of law enforcement in MN history and will be backed by the national guard.

What in the actual **** is that? He doesn't see the problem here? DO SOMETHING.
                  I know he's hamstrung by the GOP-held Senate, so instead, make it clear your office is making changes and put on a media campaign. Get the impacted communities involved and mobilized.

This is the second time in the last few weeks where Walz has shown himself to be pretty feckless. Roll in the troop when we kill another black person and open up while MN is spiking B117 because you're too weak to do what's right.
                  I am sorry but this is an awful take. What exactly would you like him to do about either situation? His authority is not absolute and if he were to say he hates Wisconsin half the state would call him a tyrant and burn him in effigy. He is not authoritarian he can't just change the rules on his own.

You are letting your emotions blind you to things which is understandable. There isn't much a Governor can do on his own to stop idiots with guns from murdering Black People while on patrol.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• If you're a cop and your defense for killing someone is that you thought your firearm was your taser, then you're either incompetent or lying. There's no other answer.

Comment

• And he certainly can't been seen as someone willing to let the cities burn again, which was the narrative when they tried the hands-off approach last time.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        And he certainly can't been seen as someone willing to let the cities burn again, which was the narrative when they tried the hands-off approach last time.
                        Bingo.

Hopefully since the video is released and even those in power (like the Mayor) are openly talking about how the cop screwed up and should be fired there won't be a repeat of last summer.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Cops have always been perfectly polite, if not deferential, to me. I'm sure it's just my winning personality.
                          Last summer I got pulled over for making an illegal left turn. Should've been 3 pts. Cop wrote it up as "obstructing traffic". I still had to cough up the fine, but incurred no points on my record and it wasn't reported to my insurance since that's not a moving violation.

No way a minority gets that courtesy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            If you're a cop and your defense for killing someone is that you thought your firearm was your taser, then you're either incompetent or lying. There's no other answer.
                            From the sag in her wrist when she realized what she’d done to the fear in her voice when she told the other officers that she thought she shot her victim, this was not an issue of lying. Or she’s the world’s greatest liar.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

From the sag in her wrist when she realized what she’d done to the fear in her voice when she told the other officers that she thought she shot her victim, this was not an issue of lying. Or she’s the world’s greatest liar.
                              I agree. It really sounded as though she couldn't believe what had happened.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I asked my female cop friend. She said in a training situation, no one could ever mix up taser amd gun. When they are stressed, things happen. She said there are cops who fired gun under stress and can’t hear the noise of the shot, while it should be deafening

Comment

Working...
                                X