Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didnt even realize this happened till today. Out of the news loop. The police literally cant stop shooting black people. Ridiculous.
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Cops will tell you they do that, that they are trained to do that. Failure to signal a turn. Tinted windows. Crap hanging from your rear view mirror. Cracked taillight. Anything that is the most technical violation of the law gives them probable cause to make a stop.
      Yeah I never much cared I got pulled over. I never got a ticket. I guarantee some of those situations were may more dangerous to the cops than this was. Why the hell is she pulling a weapon?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah I never much cared I got pulled over. I never got a ticket. I guarantee some of those situations were may more dangerous to the cops than this was. Why the hell is she pulling a weapon?
        Does the driver jump back in to drive away? It's so confused I don't know what's going on.

I don't know what would possess anybody, let alone a young black man #1 with a bullet on the cops' To Shoot list, to run from a traffic stop unless he literally had a murder 1 warrant out on him in which case why even stop in the first place? I just have no idea what the hell is going on in that video, though it seems like LEO are the ones escalating the tension.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The one in Iowa is that there's a law that all letters and numbers on a license plate must be unobscured. You'd think that just means the 6 letters and numbers creating the plate ID. Nope, following a state Supreme Court case it also means the state name on top and the county name on the bottom, even though they aren't required to run the plate.

So pretty much every license plate holder available, including the ones that come on the car from the dealer, are likely illegal and giving cops an excuse to pull you over because they partially obscure the state and/or county name on the edges of the license plate.

Comment

I'm surprised you never got a ticket. My understanding is since all these systems went to full electronic the cop has to log a reason for pulling a guy over which means he loses the judgment to let a guy go with a warning; he has to issue the summons. I could be totally wrong, but I thought that was at least the case with speeding and inferred it is for all other infractions. Otherwise, the PD is vulnerable for stopping somebody without cause.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I dunno...in truth I havent watched it because I just cant.

I do find it striking that an air freshener can lead to a shooting but ****ting on the floor of the Capitol after killing and assaulting cops and breaking and entering leads to lots of people arrested and released ROR.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                The one in Iowa is that there's a law that all letters and numbers on a license plate must be unobscured. You'd think that just means the 6 letters and numbers creating the plate ID. Nope, following a state Supreme Court case it also means the state name on top and the county name on the bottom, even though they aren't required to run the plate.

So pretty much every license plate holder available, including the ones that come on the car from the dealer, are likely illegal and giving cops an excuse to pull you over because they partially obscure the state and/or county name on the edges of the license plate.
                Huh. That's good to know. Every plate holder I've seen -- certainly every custom one -- you can't read the county name which is usually tiny and hugging one edge. I thought the rule was the reg tags had to be fully visible, which I get.
                Cornell University

Comment

I dunno...in truth I havent watched it because I just cant.

I do find it striking that an air freshener can lead to a shooting but ****ting on the floor of the Capitol after killing and assaulting cops and breaking and entering leads to lots of people arrested and released ROR.
                  It's not horrific like the other videos. It's just chaotic. You really wouldn't know what the **** happened if you didn't have the background.
                  Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm surprised you never got a ticket. My understanding is since all these systems went to full electronic the cop has to log a reason for pulling a guy over which means he loses the judgment to let a guy go with a warning; he has to issue the summons. I could be totally wrong, but I thought that was at least the case with speeding and inferred it is for all other infractions. Otherwise, the PD is vulnerable for stopping somebody without cause.
                    It was 20 years ago...and technically they were just doing "random" drunk tests. I mean sure it was all kids of college age pulled over in run down cars with parking passes in our window...but totally random!

To set the scene for you there is a bridge that links Stillwater to Hudson, WI. Like the entire Stillwater PD and some State Patrol would sit in the parking lot on the Minnesota side of the bridge and one cop would do "traffic duty" and wave in anyone who had anything in violation. Then you sit there and take a breathalyzer. Then they let you go because they aren't there to write a fixit ticket it is a waste of their time.

Hell one time I full on mouthed off to the cop who was dealing with me and even then no ticket.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      Jesus I just saw the twitter link.

Let's pretend, again for just a moment, that what they said is true that Officer Goddamned Moron thought she was tazing him instead of shooting him. This answers none of my questions about what created the situation, but it now points to the problem possibly being staggering ****ing incompetence that led to a death.
                      it's a non-felony warrant. The guy's driving away. So what? You have his address, you know the vehicle and where he lives. You can pick him up anytime. Why the need for deadly force?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Hell one time I full on mouthed off to the cop who was dealing with me and even then no ticket.
                        I've heard obnoxious frat boys say stuff to cops that I was sure would get them some sort of charge. But nothing.

Obnoxious white frat boys.

RWAs recognize their own.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

it's a non-felony warrant. The guy's driving away. So what? You have his address, you know the vehicle and where he lives. You can pick him up anytime. Why the need for deadly force?
                          That is exactly what I was asking myself. I do not get what the big deal was that they needed him right there and then.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

They trained to do it only to blacks?

On second thought, don't answer that, I'm already annoyed enough.
                            I've been pulled over, after midnight, because the light bulb next to my rear license plate was supposedly burned out. I told the cop I didn't even know I had a rear license plate bulb.

But he just wanted to see if he could claim I was drunk.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Governor of Minnesota imposes a curfew in Hennepin County. Here we ****ing go again.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Governor of Minnesota imposes a curfew in Hennepin County. Here we ****ing go again.
                                Ramsey and Anoka Counties as well. Doesn't sound like there's going to be the half measure of letting people break it these first few nights, though.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X