Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a bit behind, but the prosecution just embarrassed Nelson.

Nelson asked a witness whether Floyd said "I ate too many drugs". The witness said it sounded like that.

*15-min break*

Prosecution replays it. Asks the witness whether that was the first time he heard that clip. He confirms it was. Prosecution then asks what Floyd actually said now that he's had a chance to review the clip. "It appears he actually says, "I ain't do no drugs""

Oof. Not a good look.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Yeah the reason why I didn't think where the knee was mattered was because anyone who has ever had someone on their back with their weight pressed on them knows what it feels like. Hell my buddy and I used to reenact WWF moves as kids and he almost put me out in a similar position. Honestly it doesn't take much to asphyxiate someone ask a bouncer some time.

uno,

I have heard similar about never wanting to know why jurors find the way they do. (Crim Law prof might have said it...sounds like him) Jurors are people they have just as many stupid opinions and biases as anyone else. I mean look at the reasons the OJ Jury used to justify acquitting him. Everything from "we wanted a Black Man to get off like a White Man" to "Cops are Evil" and so on.

That is kind of why I said what I said about not getting too far int he weeds on stuff. I doubt the jury has many medical experts on it...trying to explain why the knee being 2 inches lower than originally thought matters because [insert medical explanation here] might make them just tune out. Hell I would be listening and I might tune out if I was on the jury. In a case like this it isnt about advanced stats...it is about the eye test.
      Last edited by Handyman; 04-07-2021, 05:03 PM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Nyt says defense today said “I can’t breathe” was a form of resisting arrest
        I think that has been tried before. Hell I think defenses have tried arguing saying "I am not resisting" is in and of itself a form of resisting which is some Qanon level psyoping right there.

10 years from now, no matter how this plays out, it is going to be interesting hearing what this lawyer has to say.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Any trial updates from those watching?

Comment

• I'm still behind. The doctor who literally wrote the book on ventilation and breathing is on the stand. The testimony around noon CDT from the feed has been gutting to watch. He points out all the signs of exactly when Floyd died. It's been a brutal listen.

(It's clear the guy doesn't remotely know how court procedures work and the prosecution should have prepped him better. Not that anyone does, but still.)

Edit: I can't find any record of his Balfour (?) award/lecture from Mayo. I can't find any record of this award only being given out once a decade either...
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 04-08-2021, 03:50 PM.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I'm still behind. The doctor who literally wrote the book on ventilation and breathing is on the stand. The testimony around noon CDT from the feed has been gutting to watch. He points out all the signs of exactly when Floyd died. It's been a brutal listen.

(It's clear the guy doesn't remotely know how court procedures work and the prosecution should have prepped him better. Not that anyone does, but still.)
              If he's being called as an expert witness, which it sounds like he is, he's charging the state $$$$ for his testimony and frankly should know how to handle being in court in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

If he's being called as an expert witness, which it sounds like he is, he's charging the state $$$$ for his testimony and frankly should know how to handle being in court in the first place.
                He's never testified before and is doing this free.

Seriously. (Some may think the free part is related to the never part)
                Code:

Comment

• Police shot and killed a man in Brooklyn Center today. During the traffic stop they learned the man had outstanding warrants.

https://www.fox9.com/news/crowd-gath...olice-shooting
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Sounds like they told the media to disperse or be arrested. I just don't understand how that could possibly be legal.
                    Code:

Comment

• Sounds like lots of places looted in uptown

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Sounds like they told the media to disperse or be arrested. I just don't understand how that could possibly be legal.
                        Doesn't matter if it's legal or not when they get away with doing it anyway.

Comment

• This happened as I was watching Two Distant Strangers.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Sounds like the doctor in the Chauvin Trial just destroyed the idea he died of a heart attack or that his death in any way was sudden. Not an overdose.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 04-12-2021, 11:03 AM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Buckle up, Minnesota

https://twitter.com/theokeith/status...787346435?s=21
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• and here I thought I was going out to dinner downtown tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X