X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Wonderful opportunity to respond with a simple “F@$! your feelings.”
    "F-ck your feelings" has always meant "F-ck your non-white and/or female feelings."

Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Uh....

”Colorado police officer Jason Taft has been placed on leave after sharing a post on Facebook threatening Democrats and supporters of Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

“If for some reason we lose do we get to be little *****es and beat the hell out of the other party like they did," Taft wrote. “I’m ready to leave my job just so I can hurt these people that act like they know what real life is about. They are a bunch of time out in the corner billy people. They have no clue of the true rath thats coming. Dems you thought you made a scene or statement with BLM just wait this it will be fun."

paid leave I’m sure

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...uZ4sQTujDUptKw

Comment

• What a dickless puzzy...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Uh....

”Colorado police officer Jason Taft has been placed on leave after sharing a post on Facebook threatening Democrats and supporters of Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

“If for some reason we lose do we get to be little *****es and beat the hell out of the other party like they did," Taft wrote. “I’m ready to leave my job just so I can hurt these people that act like they know what real life is about. They are a bunch of time out in the corner billy people. They have no clue of the true rath thats coming. Dems you thought you made a scene or statement with BLM just wait this it will be fun."

paid leave I’m sure

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...uZ4sQTujDUptKw
          In our world, freedom of speech rules. Only this word should coincide with the opinion of those in power. If it doesn't match, expect trouble. At best, under the guise of being fired, and at worst, dragged to court.

Comment

• Do I have to put someone on ignore after just three posts? That would be a record. In our world freedom of speech has never allowed that "fighting words" or incitements to violence were protected speech. Learn a little history and try harder to understand the constitution.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              Do I have to put someone on ignore after just three posts? That would be a record. In our world freedom of speech has never allowed that "fighting words" or incitements to violence were protected speech. Learn a little history and try harder to understand the constitution.
              I think 007 may be a bot.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• In other news, the trial judge in the case involving the George Floyd cops made a pretty significant ruling. First, he determined the four should be tried together. I don't think that's a huge surprise, and honestly, I don't know if that's good for the defense or good for the prosecution. I know the defense contested it so they must think it's bad for them.

More significantly, the judge ruled the trial will be livestreamed. In Minnesota, this is pretty significant. Minnesota has been probably one of the most restrictive states in terms of keeping cameras out of the courtrooms, so to livestream a case is a pretty big step. The judge basically determined that public interest, the right of the defendants to have the public see that they are not getting railroaded, and the social distancing issues caused by the pandemic requires this big step.

The defense was all in favor of cameras covering this trial (are they thinking OJ case?) but Attorney General Keith Ellison was very much opposed to it. It'll be interesting to see if he appeals that part of the decision.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  In other news, the trial judge in the case involving the George Floyd cops made a pretty significant ruling. First, he determined the four should be tried together. I don't think that's a huge surprise, and honestly, I don't know if that's good for the defense or good for the prosecution. I know the defense contested it so they must think it's bad for them.

More significantly, the judge ruled the trial will be livestreamed. In Minnesota, this is pretty significant. Minnesota has been probably one of the most restrictive states in terms of keeping cameras out of the courtrooms, so to livestream a case is a pretty big step. The judge basically determined that public interest, the right of the defendants to have the public see that they are not getting railroaded, and the social distancing issues caused by the pandemic requires this big step.

The defense was all in favor of cameras covering this trial (are they thinking OJ case?) but Attorney General Keith Ellison was very much opposed to it. It'll be interesting to see if he appeals that part of the decision.
                  I dont think he will because he likely wont win. Plus the other parts of the ruling are so in his favor that it would be rather dumb. He will bloviate a bit about it but I doubt he puts much effort into an appeal even if he files one.

When I heard the judge ruled this way I got worried because change of venue can be a reversible error. When I read it though [and here is me again saying I am no expert I am going by my basic education and what I have heard from people way smarter than me on the subject] I think he covered his bases quite well. There is no part of this state that hasn't been influenced by what happened, where they havent seen the video, havent had protests and so on. Plus there will be no security issues in Hennepin County. Bowing to pressure and moving this somewhere else would create more issues than it would solve.

Having all 4 cops together in one trial just backs up my belief that at least 2 will take a deal.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Police captain says Biden voters should be lined up and shot in the head.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7a8...-L7E80wsRDjc98

Comment

Police captain says Biden voters should be lined up and shot in the head.

Nazis gonna Nazi.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• His explanation...that was Giuliani-esqie.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Police captain says Biden voters should be lined up and shot in the head.

His explanation also noted he didn't want everyone executed, just those charged with treason.... um, CHARGED? We may be skipping a couple of steps there.

Comment

• Fellow police Chief a few states over in Alabama made death threats on the Parler app and resigned after local media made it public.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJHVxEM3/
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Good Southron gentlemun would never act in such a despicable mannah!!
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Serve and protect.

Louisville Metro Police concealed at least 738,000 records documenting the sexual abuse of Explorer Scouts by two officers — then lied to keep the files from the public, records show.

The Courier Journal last year requested all records regarding sexual abuse of minors by two officers in the Explorer Scout program for youths interested in law enforcement careers.

Police officials and the Jefferson County Attorney’s Office said they couldn't comply, insisting all the records had been turned over to the FBI for its investigation.

But that wasn't true, according to records The Courier Journal recently obtained in the appeal of its open records case.

In fact, the department still had at least 738,000 records, which the city allowed to be deleted.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X