This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I was brought up for jury selection the one time I got called to duty and was eliminated for cause.
    My case would've been an auto accident personal injury suit, and I watched a couple people get struck by claiming they had bad past experiences with chiropractors (the defendant's chiro was one of his expert witnesses).

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

My case would've been an auto accident personal injury suit, and I watched a couple people get struck by claiming they had bad past experiences with chiropractors (the defendant's chiro was one of his expert witnesses).
      Mine was a drunk driving case. My past experience with alcohol got me axed.,
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Interesting ... and unusual. Defendants rarely dignify a chiropractor treating a plaintiff with an opposing chiropractic expert, since there are indeed loads of folks out there who have had bad past experiences with chiropractors. Most defendants will simply rely on cross-examinations that focus on the limitations of the practice, as opposed to "traditional" medical practice.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Never once.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Minneapolis PD tries community outreach. They decide to screen the movie Black Panther near the area where Floyd was killed.

it was cancelled.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota..._qK-TGwNIPgX3A

Comment

• On the subject of juries, I’ve been called in twice. Once I was shortlisted but not put on the jury. I was 20yo at the time. And then when I was 28. I never made into the courtroom that time.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                On the subject of juries, I’ve been called in twice. Once I was shortlisted but not put on the jury. I was 20yo at the time. And then when I was 28. I never made into the courtroom that time.
                What do you mean "shortlisted?" In the courtroom but not to the box for voir dire?

Comment

• Better than my only jury duty, they chose 14 who had to sit and listen to the case, and then picked the 12 at the end to deliberate. I assume in case people got sick or otherwise would not be there.

I was one of the two let go. After spending like two days hearing the case.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• My only jury duty was during my birthday month. Trial was for a guy accused of second-degree murder and some drug charges stemming from a drug deal gone wrong, or something along those lines. I was among the final 32 selected from an initial pool of 100, but not the final 14. I think the guy ended up getting somewhere around 7-10 years. Never had to serve a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Better than my only jury duty, they chose 14 who had to sit and listen to the case, and then picked the 12 at the end to deliberate. I assume in case people got sick or otherwise would not be there.

I was one of the two let go. After spending like two days hearing the case.
                      I always feel bad for the alternates, but at least you only had to sit through two days. Last Spring we had a 3-week civil trial (construction defect case), selecting 10 with 2 alternates (12 total). When the judge dismissed the 2 alternates, they had a look of ***.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

What do you mean "shortlisted?" In the courtroom but not to the box for voir dire?
                        Yes, I was in the courtroom and the attorneys were asking questions of prospective jurors. The 12 jurors were chosen before the attorneys got around to me. It was a meth cooking case in Rosemount, MN. The defendant looked the part from Hollywood’s central casting.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• It's been like a full week since a cop murdered an unarmed black person. Have they all been at church rattling their tasers and rosary beads praying for Emperor Unpalatable to recover?
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Gabe Gutierrez @gabegutierrez · 22h
                            #Breaking: statement from grand juror in #BreonnaTaylor case

NBC News @NBCNews · 22h
                            BREAKING: Kentucky judge orders grand jury records from the Breonna Taylor investigation to be released, citing the need to show if "publicly elected officials are being honest;" jurors will now be able to speak publicly.

Comment

• Holy crap. I mean we all knew Cameron tanked the case but that is Sonny Liston taking the dive against Ali in Fight #2 bad. (if true)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Sh-t, Kentuckians better be careful. We can’t let anyone think any of us have brains down here.

Comment

Working...
                                X