This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    If I had a dollar for every “tHiS wOn’T cHaNgE aNyThInG” post on social media I could probably buy the Milwaukee Bucks...
    Let's check the score... voting hasn't changed much. Peaceful protests don't change anything. Looting and smashing windows and burning cars won't change anything. We're getting dangerously close to running out of things that don't involve an equal amount of violence directed at the oppressors as has been directed at people of color to find a solution that WILL change something.

I don't know about the entirety of the right, but the cops WANT this violence. I don't see how anyone can believe differently. With the world paying attention, with every single person out there walking around with a video camera in their hands recording it all, the cops STILL choose to shoot an unarmed Black man in the back. They have been conditioned to believe they can commit these acts of violence and intimidation because nothing will happen to them. It's long passed the time when a lot of something needs to happen to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
      With the world paying attention, with every single person out there walking around with a video camera in their hands recording it all, the cops STILL choose to shoot an unarmed Black man in the back. They have been conditioned to believe they can commit these acts of violence and intimidation because nothing will happen to them.
      Remember the Star Trek with the bearded alt-Spock. "A civilized man finds it easier to act like a savage than a savage a civilized man."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Minneapolis is blowing up again.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Remember the Star Trek with the bearded alt-Spock. "A civilized man finds it easier to act like a savage than a savage a civilized man."
          That is true and I find it terrifying, because I am a lot closer to turning into a savage than cops are at acting civilized. A lot closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Minneapolis is blowing up again.
            This is tucking stupid and needs to be stopped now.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Was this original Roddenberry philosophy?
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

This is tucking stupid and needs to be stopped now.
                This is the type of s**t I was referring to earlier. A man shot himself, the city is getting jacked up again and what is it going to solve? It's going to give more pause to those that want to vote Trump out but can't quite get there yet.

Comment

Man Twitter is not being kind to Tucker Carlson after he basically excused what Kyle the Murderer did...my heart bleeds for the racist ****ing ********.
                  He continues to amaze me with new ways to prove he is a disgusting POS...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Was this original Roddenberry philosophy?
                    Pretty sure it's in Homer too. ;-)
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The rioters burned down my favorite bar...all because a murderer killed himself.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/KristenClarkeJD/...38339160768516

Uhhhhhhh....that was from it seems 2 years ago. Yikes...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          I see the “he was a rapist, you’re defending a rapist” posts have started on Twitter.
                          So's your president.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

So when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor and killed a couple thousand Americans none of the violence we directed back at them was justified? How about when a bunch of Saudi's and 4 of their friends from the area committed acts of terrorism that killed a few thousand civilians? No violent response would have been justified? Frankly, if someone would have shot the cops who shot Jacob Blake I would have considered that more justifiable than most of the instances of police killing civilians.
                            After the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, I believe that Congress declared war on the empire of Japan, thus making all of the violence that followed both legal and justified.

As for 9/11, I think that is both debatable, and has been debated. The original act of terrorism was, of course, neither legal nor justified. As for the response? The actors were dead. If you can adequately trace the act to an individual(s) still alive, then sure it would be justified. As for the legality, that is, as I understand it, a bit of a murky area.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

https://twitter.com/KristenClarkeJD/...38339160768516

Uhhhhhhh....that was from it seems 2 years ago. Yikes...
                              Racist cops are a feature, not a bug.

This is the kind of sheriff who recruits others like him to the academy and weeds out anyone smart enough to ask too many questions. There are many more like him on police forces across the country, in positions of leadership.

Comment

Minneapolis is blowing up again.
                                It shows that everyone is one edge and the rioters will use any excuse. It never had to get to this point but here we are. I expect we'll continue to see this until something actually changes. Either we go full blown police state or we actually fix the problem.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X