Cops: No Snarky Nor Positive Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    And therein lies the problem with this country. Instead of going “hey, maybe we should do something about this” the typical conservative response is “I’m going to start blasting!” and “they started it, it’s their fault!”
    I don’t justify what the shooter in Wisconsin did. He should be prosecuted, and will be. But his irrational and illegal behavior is an obvious byproduct of condoning violence as a solution.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      This will be an unpopular opinion but someone of prominence from the left needs to step up to tell the looters to **** and go home. Sorry that's how I feel.
      Nobody is pro-looting. Some of us just wish the law treated all forms of looting the same way.

Steal a TV, you're a looter. Steal a trillion dollars, you're a pillar of the community.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I don’t justify what the shooter in Wisconsin did. He should be prosecuted, and will be. But his irrational and illegal behavior is an obvious byproduct of condoning violence as a solution.
        Unsurprisingly, you have the casual arrows backwards.

The victims finally got tired of a century of police brutality and began to behave outside the law. State-sanctioned racist violence is what got us to this point.

Cletus Conservative with his AR-15 marital aid did not give a sh-t about the cops murdering blacks -- something which is, gasp, against the law. It was when somebody said maybe that wasn't apple pie that he suddenly got hard for extra-legal murder.

So maybe don't pearl-clutch so much about a handful of idiots throwing bricks through store windows and pay some attention to officers of the state granted lethal force abusing that power as white supremacist executioners.
        Last edited by Kepler; 08-26-2020, 02:11 PM.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

What would you say is the most frequent gist of the conversations being had about the looting and rioting? And I don't mean from the typical Trumper. Because I'm seeing a growing amount of discontent from friends of mine that are much more level-headed than his sycophants.
          It is mostly the same from what I see. But they arent doing it so that White People like us feel ok about it. They are doing it so we DONT feel ok about it. The gist of the conversations parallels the conversations I see minorities have all the time.

No offense to you and your friends (or some of mine for that matter) but we dont matter in this equation unless this is what causes us to vote GOP. (or not vote at all) If that is the case (which none of my friends would dare do) then the problem is us not them. Why should they have to do what makes us feel comfortable if doing so makes their life worse?
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

That is the crux of the issue. If peaceful protest doesn't result in the change you seek, at the pace you seek it, is unlawful violent conduct justified? I mean, heck, this country was founded on that decision.

But that said, the actors, and society, had better be prepared for the consequences. As soon as you look the other way to looting and destruction and other violent protests, you open the door to homeowners and property owners claiming "I called for help, I begged for help, but no one listened," and at that point they take matters into their own hands, and violence begets violence.
            I dont think violence against people is ever justified. I dont think rioter shouldnt be punished. I advocate for equal treatment which is not what is happening. I mean there are videos of the cops thanking the paramilitary cucks for helping out when they are causing as much mayhem and violence as anyone. That is not a good look...

If the protesters commit crimes they should be willing to face the consequences and have their day in court.

On your second point...if half of society thinks the people they would call for help wont help them (or arent the right people to help them even if they mean well) why should they choose to follow the rules? I dont think anyone wants lawlessness and anarchy but if something is proven not to be working, and if all reforms over decades have proven at best ineffectual what can be done?

Look I dont like what is happening in Kenosha any more than I liked what happened the first two nights in Minneapolis. But I am not the person that is beat down by the system watching people like me get shot with no repercussions. But I can tell you that every time I see some Nazi puke spout some antisemitic trope or some politician dog whistle about the Jews I am ready to punch some faces and I have barely had to even deal with the stuff. (OT but my dad was once arrested and had a Minneapolis cop say "I am going to nail your Jew *** to the wall" trying to bait my dad into a fight) I can only imagine what they feel seeing that stuff...and seeing people come up with the most blatantly false ways to justify it. All of this is avoided if the cops just dont shoot someone who they are pointing guns at (in front of his kids) for trying to break up a fight.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Kid is charged with homicide.

Also, for the record, I'm not surprised cops are working with these radicals. I'm surprised it was so official and unremarkable and that they were casually discussing it while on camera. Sue me.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Kid is charged with homicide.

Also, for the record, I'm not surprised cops are working with these radicals. I'm surprised it was so official and unremarkable and that they were casually discussing it while on camera. Sue me.
                In Minneapolis the paramilitary right wingers were very friendly with the cops and vice versa.

They're the same people, just on and off the clock.
                Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

It is mostly the same from what I see. But they arent doing it so that White People like us feel ok about it. They are doing it so we DONT feel ok about it. The gist of the conversations parallels the conversations I see minorities have all the time.

No offense to you and your friends (or some of mine for that matter) but we dont matter in this equation unless this is what causes us to vote GOP. (or not vote at all) If that is the case (which none of my friends would dare do) then the problem is us not them. Why should they have to do what makes us feel comfortable if doing so makes their life worse?
                  I don't really disagree with you much at all. The problem is that much of the "damage" from the unrest does come from people that also "don't matter in the equation" and then when it degrades into physical violence it detracts additionally from the intended (or hoped for) message.

I'm not naive nor oblivious to many of the realities here and I'm not trying to come across as an armchair QB with no skin in the game. I'm hoping to find some balance between legitimate (necessary?) lashing out by those hardest hit from treacherous, racist and murdering cops and idiots looking for an excuse to break s**t.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Kid is charged with homicide.

The cops thanked him for being there...before he shot people. I mean sure he is illegally open-carrying if I read right (need to be 18 to open carry) but why would the cops bother to worry about the law...they have water bottles to dodge!!

17 years old and he just screwed his life up so he could pretend not to be a nerdy weakling. Who wants to bet his dad is a grade A screw up who taught Kyle (that is his name screw him being a minor) how to be a real man?

The amount of people defending him is downright sickening. This country is going down a very very dark hole...
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      17 years old and he just screwed his life up so he could pretend not to be a nerdy weakling. Who wants to bet his dad is a grade A screw up who taught Kyle (that is his name screw him being a minor) how to be a real man?
                      Nah, they'll slide this one through Juvi so his record gets sealed.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I don't really disagree with you much at all. The problem is that much of the "damage" from the unrest does come from people that also "don't matter in the equation" and then when it degrades into physical violence it detracts additionally from the intended (or hoped for) message.

I'm not naive nor oblivious to many of the realities here and I'm not trying to come across as an armchair QB with no skin in the game. I'm hoping to find some balance between legitimate (necessary?) lashing out by those hardest hit from treacherous, racist and murdering cops and idiots looking for an excuse to break s**t.
                        That isnt possible...there is always going to be an element that is willing to co-opt the movement to meet their own needs. I mean watching people loot a CVS in NY...what the hell is that gonna do for you? Yay you got some Benedryl for free and stole some Diet Coke...congrats!!!

Lots of minority owned businesses got looted in Midway and Minneapolis (not all by protesters/rioters...lots of "others" there as well) and that was tragic. At the same time almost all of them said "we can rebuild, we stand with the protests". White businesses too. The night of the second riots my cousins shop was destroyed and looted in Uptown. He cared more about the families that lived in the building than the store. (which may never reopen) The next day there was 50-60 social media posts from businesses that were collected all saying the fight is worth it. They even asked that in lieu of giving them money give it to right organizations fighting for change. They provided meals and protection for protesters and helped clean up.

This country has never truly reckoned with its past. We let the South change the narrative and just kind of accepted that things were better because there was a few steps forward. We never truly had the conversations we needed to have and we always kind of found a way to stop the fight before it got to the point it needed to. It would seem that is changing and it is scary as hell but it is needed. We cant half *** our way through this any more. We did the easy stuff but the hard stuff is still there waiting to be dealt with. We cant just hope for the best anymore...its time to roll up our sleeves and get the dirty work done. And that means we (as in the Privileged) need to shut the **** up and listen. Not cheer along with platitudes but listen to what is going on. The best example is the lady interviewed I think in Louisville who was asked by a media person what value is there in destroying her community to prove a point. To paraphrase she basically said this wasnt hers, the community didnt belong to them or embrace them...it was all part of the same system holding them down. When I heard that I finally got it.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Nah, they'll slide this one through Juvi so his record gets sealed.
                          It depends...crossing state lines means it can be a massive federal violation as well. Those can take time...certainly enough for Trumps Gestapo to be out of the DOJ.

But the media sure is treating him different...and not in a good way. They are definitely *ahem* White Washing the incident.

More likely he gets charged and the judge lets himm off easy because he has a "bright future ahead of him" which of course is just code for "your name isnt Malik so you dont belong in jail". Like the Stanford rapist...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Oh My

Players from the Orlando Magic and the Milwaukee Bucks boycotted their playoff game Wednesday following the shooting of Jacob Blake, an NBA source confirmed to CNBC’s Scott Wapner.
                            Lebron is kind of hinting the Lakers might boycott as well. White people be mad ;-)

sounds like the Rockets-OKC game will be boycotted as well :-o
                            Last edited by Handyman; 08-26-2020, 04:11 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Holy crap I saw part of the PC where the Police Chief announced what happened. Well you can watch and I will let you react...

https://***********/search?q=%22The%...rc=trend_click
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• More Info On what Happened
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X