This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

And surprise, surprise, he was not the cop all of your twitter friends were convinced he was.
    What a curious response.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

What a curious response.
      Gotcha.

Hovey is now in the 'gotcha' game, just as Sicatoka is now.

Funny how all the self-professed reasonable thinking, non-partisan, just-stating-facts types end up devolving to that point eventually, but here we are.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

What a curious response.
        You expected anything less from a copsucker?

Comment

And surprise, surprise, he was not the cop all of your twitter friends were convinced he was.
          We knew that months ago. Try and keep up old man. (and none of my friends believed it anyways though I know what you are implying)

You dont get to claim "gotcha" when even the people you are trying to catch admitted they were wrong like 3 days after they said it.

But hey...congrats on being right it wasnt a cop. Methinks though you and your friends probably didn't think it was a White Supremacist though. I bet you thought it was one of them crazies you hate who want Social Workers to help instead of cops in that oh so witty way you joke about. Guess what though...the other incident I posted about proves that cops arent equipped to handle non-violent crime. (it takes 5 fully armed cops in an unmarked van to arrest 1 rather petite looking unarmed person because they put stickers on a friggin security cameras?) You know who would do a better job...I will let you say it so you can pretend you are landing a clever quip and giggle to yourself.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

We knew that months ago. Try and keep up old man. (and none of my friends believed it anyways though I know what you are implying)

You dont get to claim "gotcha" when even the people you are trying to catch admitted they were wrong like 3 days after they said it.

But hey...congrats on being right it wasnt a cop. Methinks though you and your friends probably didn't think it was a White Supremacist though. I bet you thought it was one of them crazies you hate who want Social Workers to help instead of cops in that oh so witty way you joke about. Guess what though...the other incident I posted about proves that cops arent equipped to handle non-violent crime. (it takes 5 fully armed cops in an unmarked van to arrest 1 rather petite looking unarmed person because they put stickers on a friggin security cameras?) You know who would do a better job...I will let you say it so you can pretend you are landing a clever quip and giggle to yourself.
            I don't recall a lot of mea culpas around here regarding the St. Paul cop thing, but honestly, I'm too lazy to go back and look. That said, if everyone knew two months ago it wasn't a cop, I'm a little surprised that it took you guys this long to identify him as a white supremacist, since white guys committing crimes are either cops or white supremacists, according to most.

But I am glad you brought up cops and the performance of their jobs. How are we coming on those big changes to the Minneapolis police department? I see the Charter Commission is about to kick you guys to the curb. So what will the final victory tally be? A "substantial" $1.5 million cut to a $165 million police budget, a policy banning choke holds, and maybe a citizens committee or two?
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Kicked to the curb? Been watching Faux again? Here is some facts for ya. The Charter Commission must be pretty scared of how the vote is going to come out if they are going to possibly shoehorn their own attempt at reform on the ballot. thank you so much for the concern though...you might want to check with the cops though they seem to the ones worried.

I mean...OH NOES WE ARE SOOOOO SCURRED!!!

Last edited by Handyman; 07-29-2020, 02:13 PM.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• OR Gov announces Pence has agreed to pull ICE Nazis out of Portland; ICE responds 30 minutes later they will remain.

Rule of law, baby.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Just a few bad apples.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Kicked to the curb? Been watching Faux again? Here is some facts for ya. The Charter Commission must be pretty scared of how the vote is going to come out if they are going to possibly shoehorn their own attempt at reform on the ballot. thank you so much for the concern though...you might want to check with the cops though they seem to the ones worried.

I mean...OH NOES WE ARE SOOOOO SCURRED!!!

I can't get your link to work.

I'm not sure what "facts" you are referring to, but an hour ago the StarTrib reported that the working committee of the Charter Commission recommended to keep it off the ballot in November.
                    Last edited by SJHovey; 07-29-2020, 04:02 PM.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Cops do the right thing. Good for them.

The POS who did this should get a nice long stretch before getting his job at Fox News afterwards.
                      Cornell University

Comment

I don't recall a lot of mea culpas around here regarding the St. Paul cop thing, but honestly, I'm too lazy to go back and look. That said, if everyone knew two months ago it wasn't a cop, I'm a little surprised that it took you guys this long to identify him as a white supremacist, since white guys committing crimes are either cops or white supremacists, according to most.

But I am glad you brought up cops and the performance of their jobs. How are we coming on those big changes to the Minneapolis police department? I see the Charter Commission is about to kick you guys to the curb. So what will the final victory tally be? A "substantial" $1.5 million cut to a $165 million police budget, a policy banning choke holds, and maybe a citizens committee or two?
                        Mea culpas for what? I don't recall that many people claiming umbrella man was a cop outside of what was previously speculated and did 1 single poster use it to otherwise disparage cops on the whole? As far as him being a white supremacist doesn't he have verified links to such activities? If so why is pointing that out so troublesome to you?

Your 2nd paragraph reads like grade school taunting and hoping things go awry in the city. Great thought process there Hovey - wishful thinking rather than logic guiding you principally and wanting things to go bad rather than ever seeing 'opposition' policy making lead to a greater good. Disgusting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          OR Gov announces Pence has agreed to pull ICE Nazis out of Portland; ICE responds 30 minutes later they will remain.

Rule of law, baby.
                          Funny you put it that way:

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1288611555530113024

"ICE agents complain about Nazi comparisons, say they're only enforcing the laws"

new Netflix docuseries that saw filmmakers gain "unprecedented" access to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency's operations under the Trump administration sees ICE agents open up about what it's like to be seen as "the bad guys."

For roughly three years, starting just after President Donald Trump took office, filmmakers Shaul Schwarz and Christina Clusiau were given a stunning level of access to the U.S. Homeland Security department's immigration agencies, including ICE and the Border Patrol.

Schwarz and Clusiau followed federal officers and agents as they enforced some of the Trump administration's most controversial immigration policies, including the government's "zero tolerance" family separation policy at the border and ICE's crackdown on undocumented immigrants across the country, with their work culminating in the new docuseries Immigration Nation, which saw its trailer premiered exclusively on Newsweek.com and which is set to launch on Netflix on August 3.
                          Some quotes in case you dont want to click on the adstorm that is newsweek:

"It's like... too much," one agent in New York told filmmakers, describing how ICE agents had gone from arresting less than eight people in a week under the Obama administration to making more than eight arrests in a single day under Trump.

"It's like the floodgates opened and no one's used to this," the agent said.

"It's not like, 'okay, we went back to the way we were. We were never like this," they said. "It's a different world."
                          "We constantly look like we're the bad guys, when all we're doing is enforcing the laws and doing our job," the agent says.

"It gets to me sometimes, it does," she says. "Cause, I just feel like, you know, we have no respect."

"Now, the administration has changed and we're finally able to do our job," the agent says. "To be honest with you, I honestly still cannot believe that he's our president. It's the best thing and the worst thing that could have happened to us."
                          And my personal fave:

Hitting out at criticisms that have, for years, compared ICE agents to Nazis, the agent said: "To be called a Nazi, you know, a racist, you know, it's just ignorant. It's ignorant."

"We don't pick and choose groups of people based on race, color, religion. We just look for people who are removable," he says.
                          They also discuss how they arrest "collaterals" and what that means and how some of the agents are against it even when ordered to bring in lots of them.

Last edited by Handyman; 07-30-2020, 10:30 AM.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Your 2nd paragraph reads like grade school taunting and hoping things go awry in the city. Great thought process there Hovey - wishful thinking rather than logic guiding you principally and wanting things to go bad rather than ever seeing 'opposition' policy making lead to a greater good. Disgusting.
                            Nope, not at all. Just calling out the bs hypocrisy that is the guiding principal of today's democratic party.

Listen, I knew you guys were joshin' when you said you were going to defund the police. But I just wanted to point it out to everyone else early, and continuously.

I knew that you'd be down there holding their hands, telling them everything they wanted to hear, pretending to really care, before returning to your corporate jobs, your downtown lofts or suburban homes. It makes you sleep better at night and gives you something to talk proudly about to your friends.

You'd do the poor and people of color so much more good if you were just honest with them. Tell them straight up you can't get rid of the police force, but maybe there are some things you can do, then go and do those things.

Comment

Mea culpas for what? I don't recall that many people claiming umbrella man was a cop outside of what was previously speculated and did 1 single poster use it to otherwise disparage cops on the whole? As far as him being a white supremacist doesn't he have verified links to such activities? If so why is pointing that out so troublesome to you?

Some people just want our country to fail.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Nope, not at all. Just calling out the bs hypocrisy that is the guiding principal of today's democratic party.

Listen, I knew you guys were joshin' when you said you were going to defund the police. But I just wanted to point it out to everyone else early, and continuously.

I knew that you'd be down there holding their hands, telling them everything they wanted to hear, pretending to really care, before returning to your corporate jobs, your downtown lofts or suburban homes. It makes you sleep better at night and gives you something to talk proudly about to your friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X