This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    I have no idea what that website is, or where they get their data, but the Minnesota Department of Revenue (which has Chauvin's W-2 forms) says that Chauvin's W-2 from Minneapolis for 2018 was for $66,746.34. Since the Department of Revenue can just look at the forms filed by the City, I tend to agree with their number more than some random website.

Edit: At the bottom of the page of your website they specifically state that they are not affiliated with the government and can't guarantee the accuracy of the numbers.
    Last edited by SJHovey; 07-24-2020, 01:48 PM.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The responses to that are terrifying. Either the bots have gotten really good or there are a ton of Nazis out there.
      There are a ton of Nazis out there
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I have no idea what that website is, or where they get their data, ...
        Public employees salaries are public information. I checked the data for a couple IDOT engineers and the GovSalaries site compared the same to BetterGov.org and also matched data straight from the Illinois comptroller office website.

State of Minnesota throws a 502 Bad Gateway error for their similar website.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Public employees salaries are public information. I checked the data for a couple IDOT engineers and the GovSalaries site compared the same to BetterGov.org and also matched data straight from the Illinois comptroller office website.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
          I just assumed, based upon my past experience with the MN Department of Revenue, that they certainly weren't going to understate his wages if there was any possible way of avoiding it.

He claimed to be a realtor here in Minnesota, and also worked a ton of security jobs, so I doubt he was pulling a lot of overtime.

To me, the stupidity of his move is pretty surprising. First, to claim you are a Florida resident even though you worked in the state for something like 250 days out of the year seems like someone who is a bit delusional, or has been reading too many tax avoidance websites. Second, even if the guy was a Florida resident, if he earned any money in Minnesota he had to file a tax return. That never dawned on him?

The thing about the tax complaint that struck me is the statement that his wife was worried about Chauvin's father's reaction if he found out they weren't filing returns or paying taxes, and might blame her. I'm curious to know more about his father and who that guy is.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
            If the city is saying they paid him 72k then that is what his police salary was. What he made outside of being a cop is beyond their purview but they arent gonna short him on his W2 for wages ESPECIALLY in light of what he is being charged with. My guess is the 90.6k includes the 10k he made as realtor and his on the books nightclub security stuff.

How he thought he was going to get away with the tax evasion I dont know. He literally made every stupid mistake you can.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Its both. The Nazis tend to not have pictures and the sentences lack any knowledge of grammar. The bots tend to have very attractive female pictures (or tough guys) with lots of long weird message names (maybe a Text Trump as well) and if you look in the profile it is rather plug and play. They tend to say things like "Wife, RN, Mother, Conservative" maybe with a bible quote. I tend to tweet at them about how whoever they stole the picture from is gonna be mad
              If I had a dollar for every time I saw a MAGA/KAG/WW1WGA Nurse profile on Twitter, I'd have a young fortune by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

If I had a dollar for every time I saw a MAGA/KAG/WW1WGA Nurse profile on Twitter, I'd have a young fortune by now.
                The best is the ones who add in something about "Politeness" or similar and then spend the whole time attacking people ;-)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Don't give white trash a badge.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The lesson here is always listen to the Cornell dude.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• If rags like the NY Post had half as much sympathy for the hundreds (actually probably thousands) of PEACEFUL protesters who have been wounded by rioting cops as they do for the handful of cops who have been hurt, well I guess they'd be showing them about 100 times more sympathy than they have. Not to mention the dozens of legitimate members of the media who have been doing nothing more than covering the actions of both protesters and cops, including one who was permanently blinded after being struck in the face by rubber bullets. At this point I could not care less about cops being injured during these protests because in almost every instance THEY have been the instigators of the violence. Maybe when the score evens up a little I might start caring.

Almost every single day we move closer and closer to a police state in this country, and not enough people seem to care. They are forgetting that when this has happened everywhere else, there were also plenty there saying people were overreacting and "we'll stop this before it gets to that point." On the rare days when we seem to be calming down, trump and his minions do something to ramp the violence back up, like sending in federal thugs to stir the pot again. The only pleasant thought I get in any of this is to know those people who refuse to believe this is happening in my country will be just as subjugated as I will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        The lesson here is don't always write off the Cornell dude.
                        Fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Fixed.
                          Fair point.

Cornell University

Comment

• https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/stat...84473934503936

Another huge crowd tonight in Portland, including a new "wall" on the front lines: a Wall of Vets. Here's a look at the line of military veterans getting set up here in front of the federal courthouse. Behind them, the Wall of Moms and the Wall of Dads are arriving.
                            Since we know they will gas moms...who knows how badly they will treat the Vets.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/stat...84473934503936

Since we know they will gas moms...who knows how badly they will treat the Vets.
                              Well, they broke ones hand. This is the reaction to that, now I wonder what the reaction would be to gassing a whole line of them?
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Copying us again, Jim?
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X