This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
    along with his day job beating and killing people.
    More of a hobby.

Last edited by Kepler; 07-23-2020, 11:01 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

DHS is much bigger than ICE and CBP. For example, Dr. Mrs. does civil liberties and privacy protections. And she's DHS. So is FEMA. So is the Secret Service. So is the frickin Coast Guard.

What's really going on is that within DHS the normal, non-psychotic careers are looking at ICE and CBP as Nazis and are horrified and sickened. Once upon a time those were laughed at as the idiot kids, but with the Republican party going full Nazi all of a sudden they are the go-to for every brown shirt task Dump et al dream up.

If we actually rid ourselves of the conservative scum, not only will every political be ridden out of town on a rail (if not indicted for crimes against humanity), but the gung-ho herpa derp storm troopers are going to be purged the time-honored way a bureaucracy does: reassignment. The equivalent of cops getting sent to give tickets in the ape cage at the Bronx Zoo.
      So what? There are good people involved in pretty much everything we rip when bad things happen. If you arent fighting it you are aparty to it. And no, sending emails back and forth with your buddies and sharing articles from Vox isnt enough.

It is time to stand up and be counted...and if all you care about is that they are making you look bad then bite me you are part of the problem. You are no different then the cops who turn a blind eye to actions of the "bad" cops.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Other than being a Field Training Officer, did he ever get promoted to a rank higher than whatever Minneapolis calls their basic patrol officers? I have never watched any video of the murder he committed but have seen a number of still photos and never noticed any rank insignia on his collar or sleeves. Of course after nearly two decades on that force I would be shocked if he wasn't pulling down in excess of $100,000 annually. Plus didn't his wife have money?
        Back when this all started I saw the last contract for the cops and based on what I believe you posted about their average overtime I think I figured it out he was probably making somewhere over 90K a year. (cops are just soooooooo underpaid)

I would guess the rest is his realtor money...he picked Flo(R)ida for a reason he probably pulled every shady move in the book to avoid paying taxes.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The criminal complaint is available online.

It doesn't look like he ever earned more than about $72,000 a year as a cop.

However, when they searched his home following the Floyd incident, they discovered some records showing payments he received working security for nightclubs during the weekends. Some of the records are detailed, and in other instances the revenue department "extrapolated" the records to try to guess what his income was. Over the course of 2014 to 2019 they figure he was paid about $95,000 from one night club alone.

His real estate work in Minnesota netted him less than $10,000.

However, she also sold real estate and earned between $22,000 and $94,000 each year during the relevant time frame. They also found checks written to her photography business during those years that totaled $66,000.

You start adding it all up, and if you don't file returns at all, they'll nail you for $465,000 in unreported income over the course of six tax years.

https://minnesotareformer.com/2020/0...ington-county/
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• If he only made $72000 as a cop he must have chosen to not work much overtime. (based on my memory of the contract) I cant imagine he made a ton working for the clubs although I do know some of those places will pay under the table as well. (even above board places to do that from time to time)

Not very smart...should have hired an accountant they would have explained why everything in that complaint is going to get them caught some day.

My heart bleeds for them.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I am not sure The Feds tear gassing the Mayor of Portland is a good look

The fact that said mayor gets ripped all the time because his department tear gassed protesters (he is also the Commish) is some funny karma
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                The criminal complaint is available online.

It doesn't look like he ever earned more than about $72,000 a year as a cop.

However, when they searched his home following the Floyd incident, they discovered some records showing payments he received working security for nightclubs during the weekends. Some of the records are detailed, and in other instances the revenue department "extrapolated" the records to try to guess what his income was. Over the course of 2014 to 2019 they figure he was paid about $95,000 from one night club alone.

His real estate work in Minnesota netted him less than $10,000.

However, she also sold real estate and earned between $22,000 and $94,000 each year during the relevant time frame. They also found checks written to her photography business during those years that totaled $66,000.

You start adding it all up, and if you don't file returns at all, they'll nail you for $465,000 in unreported income over the course of six tax years.

https://minnesotareformer.com/2020/0...ington-county/
                I question the $72,000 as a cop.

According to the Minneapolis Police collective bargaining agreement, a basic police officer hired before August of 2016 earned $40.74/hour when they reach the top of the payscale. That should happen in approximately 7 years and Chauvin was in his 18th year. In addition he earned $3.057/hour longevity pay, bringing his hourly pay to at least 43.797/hour. They work generally 13 pay periods a year at 160 hours apiece or the typical 2080 hours. So his base salary was at least $91,097 dollars/annually.

In addition to that, his duties as a Field Training Officer paid him either 2 hours of straight time pay extra each day he performed those duties or 1 1/4 hours of compensation time, and I never met a trainer in the fire service or police department who didn't take the cash. Typically since the training periods for officers can be anywhere from 6-12 months at a time, a Field Trainer is being paid this money every single duty day. If the Minneapolis schedules are like most who base their work periods as they do, Chauvin worked 216 duty days a year. That is an additional almost $19,000 per year, so we're up to $110,000.

Then there is overtime, which cops in most cities eat up like fresh, just out of the oven cookies. He almost certainly earned thousands more in overtime.

I'd like to see the document that said he earned $72,000 as a cop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

So what? There are good people involved in pretty much everything we rip when bad things happen. If you arent fighting it you are aparty to it. And no, sending emails back and forth with your buddies and sharing articles from Vox isnt enough.

It is time to stand up and be counted...and if all you care about is that they are making you look bad then bite me you are part of the problem. You are no different then the cops who turn a blind eye to actions of the "bad" cops.
                  "But I could lose my job!"
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I question the $72,000 as a cop.

According to the Minneapolis Police collective bargaining agreement, a basic police officer hired before August of 2016 earned $40.74/hour when they reach the top of the payscale. That should happen in approximately 7 years and Chauvin was in his 18th year. In addition he earned $3.057/hour longevity pay, bringing his hourly pay to at least 43.797/hour. They work generally 13 pay periods a year at 160 hours apiece or the typical 2080 hours. So his base salary was at least $91,097 dollars/annually.

In addition to that, his duties as a Field Training Officer paid him either 2 hours of straight time pay extra each day he performed those duties or 1 1/4 hours of compensation time, and I never met a trainer in the fire service or police department who didn't take the cash. Typically since the training periods for officers can be anywhere from 6-12 months at a time, a Field Trainer is being paid this money every single duty day. If the Minneapolis schedules are like most who base their work periods as they do, Chauvin worked 216 duty days a year. That is an additional almost $19,000 per year, so we're up to $110,000.

Then there is overtime, which cops in most cities eat up like fresh, just out of the oven cookies. He almost certainly earned thousands more in overtime.

I'd like to see the document that said he earned $72,000 as a cop.
                    The W2 is in the complaint. City of MPLS said he made $72,029.71. Year before he made $66,746.34. That is well below where he should be but that is what the City said they paid him.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The W2 is in the complaint. City of MPLS said he made $72,029.71. Year before he made $66,746.34. That is well below where he should be but that is what the City said they paid him.
                      I saw the criminal complaint from the murder charges but a quick look did not find one for the tax fraud. I did read an article in the WaPo that also said he was paid $72,000 last year. I still don't get it. I could see him working little voluntary OT seeing as he really liked all the under-the-table cash he got from some of his side jobs, but that contract and wage scale are clear as a bell to me. Here is the link to it.

Comment

I saw the criminal complaint from the murder charges but a quick look did not find one for the tax fraud. I did read an article in the WaPo that also said he was paid $72,000 last year. I still don't get it. I could see him working little voluntary OT seeing as he really liked all the under-the-table cash he got from some of his side jobs, but that contract and wage scale are clear as a bell to me. Here is the link to it.
                        It is in the link Hovey posted. Scroll down and you will find the full fraud complain. Scroll through the complaint and you will get what the City reported from 2014-2019.

edit: tried posting the image but it is too small and I dont feel like messing around with it. Go to page 7 of the complaint and it shows his pay. If you scroll back it even shows the days he worked.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 07-24-2020, 11:05 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1286424674944143363

"The Justice Department's independent watchdog agency said it will investigate the use of force by federal law enforcement officers in Portland, Oregon, and DC, where violent crackdowns on protesters have punctuated a summer rocked by demonstrations"

So he is fired...
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1286424674944143363

"The Justice Department's independent watchdog agency said it will investigate the use of force by federal law enforcement officers in Portland, Oregon, and DC, where violent crackdowns on protesters have punctuated a summer rocked by demonstrations"

So he is fired...
                            The responses to that are terrifying. Either the bots have gotten really good or there are a ton of Nazis out there.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Its both. The Nazis tend to not have pictures and the sentences lack any knowledge of grammar. The bots tend to have very attractive female pictures (or tough guys) with lots of long weird message names (maybe a Text Trump as well) and if you look in the profile it is rather plug and play. They tend to say things like "Wife, RN, Mother, Conservative" maybe with a bible quote. I tend to tweet at them about how whoever they stole the picture from is gonna be mad
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It is in the link Hovey posted. Scroll down and you will find the full fraud complain. Scroll through the complaint and you will get what the City reported from 2014-2019.

edit: tried posting the image but it is too small and I dont feel like messing around with it. Go to page 7 of the complaint and it shows his pay. If you scroll back it even shows the days he worked.
                                He pulled 90.6k in 2018.

https://govsalaries.com/chauvin-derek-m-30649148
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X