This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

He should really be entitled to some compensation from the black guy's family. Blue lives matter.
    Watch out, you don't want to give anyone any ideas. A colleague of mine was a corrections officer for a couple of decades. An incarcerated fellow tried to bite his nose off once (he has the scars to prove it) and the inmate sued him afterwards. Nothing ever came of it.

Comment

• The guy was snot in the back, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I remember playing one once as an eight year old, though..
        mookie always preferred playing doctor
        and of course sometimes patient!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post

You seem much more concerned about someone using a bullhorn to say a catchy phrase than the police using significantly violent measures.
          I think that sums up all conservatives

Comment

• It's a start.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Abolish the police.

Dumpies ambush and curb stomp a protester; cops do nothing because duh.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Abolish the police.

Dumpies ambush and curb stomp a protester; cops do nothing because duh.
                But they're so underpaid, we should not expect them to do their jobs ALL the time they are on duty. Come on Kep, be reasonable man.

Here's a story about more underpaid cops.

As a counterpoint, most of my union members when I worked in Ohio were public sector employees (about 98% of them) and other than attending grievance meetings the elected leaders and representatives were contractually prohibited from doing union work on the job. The lone exception was that in 3 of my 11 shops a monthly leadership meeting, not to exceed 2 hours of time, was allowed. But since my members' schedules covered any of the 7 days of the week they were not limited to just a regular 8 hour shift during "normal" hours, many of those leaders attended those meetings on THEIR time (and the union did not pay for them, they served out of a commitment to their co-workers -- or maybe because they liked my company, I don't know). The paid hours ended up being about 1/20th of 1% of those three employers monthly paid hours. Leaving the lights on in one office a month wasted more money than that union activity cost. Besides, good union members make an organization more efficient anyway, so our meetings were not a drain but a boost to the bottom line.

Police unions have held their employer and their communities hostage for far too long and have long since abandoned any precept of typical unionism. These organizations need to be curtailed severely. I can't believe I am saying that but it is true. The myth about unions for a long time was that the balance of power had shifted in their favor. While the power was never in labor's favor, at least in the post WW II period through the 1960s unions had enough power to effectively represent their members and push back on income inequity for a couple of generations of workers. For most members this is no longer anywhere near true and employers have as much power as they ever have had, at least in the employee/employer relationship. This is not true of police "unions" and it hasn't been for a long time. They need to be stripped of their power immediately.

Comment

• Abolish the police.

Sunday’s protest, billed as Bethel’s Solidarity with Black Lives Demonstration, was expected to have a turnout of 80 to 100 people. But soon, per a joint statement by the village’s mayor, chief of police and administrator, “several motorcycle gangs, back the blue groups, and second amendment advocates” caught wind of the event and decided to show up, armed with guns and bats.

An hour before the event was scheduled to begin, village officials said, 250 motorcycles flooded the area. By the protest’s official start time, the demonstrators were outnumbered and around 800 people were present.

At the same time, most of the police stationed to monitor the event were called away. All six of Bethel’s police officers had been assigned to the event, and six more from nearby Clermont County were on standby. But, per village officials, another “urgent matter in the county” meant that all but one of the officers were absent from the scene as the counter-protesters descended on the area. Eventually, nine deputies were called in as backup.

Though police called the influx of counter-protesters “manageable,” video shows several instances in which nothing separated the angry crowd from the demonstrators. In some cases, violence ensued.

“Towards the latter part of the event, the various other groups began to move toward the Bethel’s Solidarity with Black Lives Demonstration area,” the officials said. “This resulted in approximately 10 incidents, which were primarily minor scuffles.”
                  Cornell University

Comment

South Park was right, the definition of that other F word should be changed to mean idiots on Harleys.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

At what point does one of these demonstrations get really out of hand when the police are clearly abdicating their actual responsibilities. They are around en masse when it is just BLM protesters and their allies. I am willing to bet those cops left because they knew there might be violence directed at the BLM protesters.

I hate to go here but these white supremacist/nationalist thugs are not the only ones who own firearms. And some of us don't advertise it with open carry.

Comment

• The tactics are smart for the alt right racists...show up and antagonize/threaten and when the protesters fight back you look like a victim and they look evil. The Ault-right is basically every ***** instigator in the NHL.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• If someone ripped a sign from my hands, threw me against a wall and punched me in the head they better hope the punch in the head knocked me out.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/1272996893308698624

Albuquerque shooter Steven Baca attended Trump rally wearing red #MAGA hat: report
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• They found one of the arsonists from the fires in Minneapolis...and he is from Brainerd, MN. (2 hours away) I wonder who the State Senator from that area is...

(hint: he is an *******)

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I Was Told It Was The Protesters That Were Attacking The Cops

Federal prosecutors on Tuesday charged an Air Force sergeant with murder and attempted murder in connection with the killing of a federal security officer last month in downtown Oakland, Calif.

Staff Sgt. Steven Carrillo, who was also charged last week with killing a Santa Cruz County sheriff's deputy, is charged with the fatal drive-by shooting of 53-year-old federal security officer David Patrick Underwood in Oakland on May 29. Another officer was injured in the shooting.

Federal officials claimed Carrillo was associated with the far-right “Boogaloo” movement, which believes a second American civil war is imminent, and took advantage of an unrelated Black Lives Matter protest in the city on the same day as a cover for the killing.

John Bennett, the FBI special agent in charge from San Francisco, said Carrillo and an alleged accomplice, Robert Alvin Justus Jr., “came to Oakland to kill cops.”

"We believe Carrillo and Justice [chose] this date, because the planned protest in Oakland, provided an opportunity for them to target multiple law enforcement personnel and avoid apprehension to the large crowds attending the demonstrations, as described in detail in the complaint," Bennett said, according to a local ABC affiliate.
                                **garble garble**Antifa**garble garble**Soros**garble garble**BLM Terrorists**
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X