This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeScarc...37106527731713

4th Circuit Judge James Wynn: "Eliminating the defense of qualified immunity would improve our administration of justice and promote the public’s confidence and trust in the integrity of the judicial system."
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/st...519257600?s=20

So so we have death squads now like the cia helped install in El Salvador, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Honduras et al?

also, **** this new website.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Your attempts at being clever are sad. I bet it will go over like gangbusters though at Siouxsports.
        You mean proudboys.com...and I’m sure it’s gone over very well

easy to make jokes about social workers as long as it’s only blacks and browns getting murdered by police amiright

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Six people shot in a dispute in a bar in Minneapolis early this morning. I assume the social workers have been deployed.
          Yeah and the cops you spend most of your time here fellating sure did a great job in preventing it from happening.

The police don't prevent crime and the don't solve most of the crimes they don't prevent. Those are facts. Social programs (aid in housing, aid in schooling, aid in hunger prevention) ALL help prevent crime. That is also a fact.

I'd trade a couple hundred social workers for a couple hundred cops any day of the week and twice on Sundays. And since there are a few of you here who think low pay keeps better people from becoming cops, lets pay the social workers what we pay cops and attract even MORE dedicated people to that field.

The police are the enemy of positive social change and ending racism.

Comment

• I've told people that historically, cops and queers do not mix. We definitely don't want them at Pride and we don't want them hanging around our spaces. There is a movement within the trans community to arm ourselves, because cops do not care about us. Typically, murderers of trans people get off with a slap on the wrist, especially since "trans panic" is a legal defense in like 90% of the country. When trans people get arrested, we are brutalized and thrown in with our assigned gender, even if we have legal paperwork.

When I tell the "Blue Lives Matter" crowd this, they're like "but, but, but..."
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Cops will always torture the Out group. They exist to maintain the economic hierarchy through enforcement of what the greater society views as just moral strictures.

It's not a coincidence that cops got started when religious authorities lost their state sanction to persecute Out groups. The economic order is always maintained by terror. First it was warlords threatening to burn your house. Then it was priests threatening to throw your immortal soul into hell. Now it's cops threatening to throw you into prison to be raped.

SSDD. Rule by terror.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Cops will always torture the Out group. They exist to maintain the economic hierarchy through enforcement of what the greater society views as just moral strictures.

It's not a coincidence that cops got started when religious authorities lost their state sanction to persecute Out groups. The economic order is always maintained by terror. First it was warlords threatening to burn your house. Then it was priests threatening to throw your immortal soul into hell. Now it's cops threatening to throw you into prison to be raped.

SSDD. Rule by terror.
                Municipal police forces may be far from perfect, but I’m not certain a return to the days when “the law” was three days away, or came in the form of private services like the Pinkertons, is the way to go either. The government provides law enforcement or people will do it on their own.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Municipal police forces may be far from perfect, but I’m not certain a return to the days when “the law” was three days away, or came in the form of private services like the Pinkertons, is the way to go either. The government provides law enforcement or people will do it on their own.
                  Your strawman is duly noted.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Apparently by the time your cops arrived at the scene of that bar shooting at least some of the the victims had already been transported to hospitals. So not only did your cops not prevent the crime, they were not even there quickly enough to render aid to the victims. Useless. And when has the law ever been "three days away?" If you're talking about the mythology of the Wild, Wild American West in the days of yore, historian actually believe the "old west" actually saw a lot less crime than the cities of the east. In some cases they did quite fine with the ubiquitous presence of law enforcement.

For the money we spend on law enforcement we get almost nothing in return. It's like spending $40,000 at your local car dealer and expecting to get a brand new Camaro SS and instead you drive away with a used 1985 Yugo that's missing all the windows and the steering wheel.

Comment

• Hovey, Did you read when I said my community can't count on local law enforcement? Bear in mind, Stonewall happened because the police brutalized us. And with attitudes like yours, there will be Stonewall 2, 3, and 4 AT LEAST.
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

...I’m not certain a return to the days when “the law” was three days away, or came in the form of private services like the Pinkertons, is the way to go either.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• It's MASH Syndrome :-)
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Apparently by the time your cops arrived at the scene of that bar shooting at least some of the the victims had already been transported to hospitals. So not only did your cops not prevent the crime, they were not even there quickly enough to render aid to the victims. Useless. And when has the law ever been "three days away?" If you're talking about the mythology of the Wild, Wild American West in the days of yore, historian actually believe the "old west" actually saw a lot less crime than the cities of the east. In some cases they did quite fine with the ubiquitous presence of law enforcement.

For the money we spend on law enforcement we get almost nothing in return. It's like spending $40,000 at your local car dealer and expecting to get a brand new Camaro SS and instead you drive away with a used 1985 Yugo that's missing all the windows and the steering wheel.
                            You guys have me all wrong. I’ve always believed in the right of people to make extremely stupid decisions and then be required to live with the consequences. You guys want to abolish the police force in your city and count on the peace and good will of your fellow man, have at it. It won’t be as easy as Handy clicking his ruby slippers and wishing it away, but it can certainly be done.

All I ask is you give me a list of the open cities.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Given that I'm a trans woman in America and the government is actively skull f-cking my community right now, along with the fact trans people do not trust cops...

I'll take my chances with a social worker.

Comment

You guys have me all wrong. I’ve always believed in the right of people to make extremely stupid decisions and then be required to live with the consequences. You guys want to abolish the police force in your city and count on the peace and good will of your fellow man, have at it. It won’t be as easy as Handy clicking his ruby slippers and wishing it away, but it can certainly be done.

All I ask is you give me a list of the open cities.
                                I don’t think anyone wants to completely get rid of the police, it’s more that they want the police to solve serious crimes and leave people alone otherwise. Never in a million years should someone get killed because they are passed out in their car at a fast food place.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X