X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    I'm sure the cop, mayor and chief of police were all being completely truthful with all of their their comments in this story.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Don't worry. They'll just do what they did in Iowa 10 years ago and kill public sector unions for everyone but cops.
    When Michigan passed their right-to-work legislation during a lame duck session in 2013 it excluded municipal first responders (Police, Fire EMS) and their unions in Michigan did not exactly do a lot to prevent the republicans from passing it through. More reasons why I barely consider first responder unions to be unions in the sense that an injury to one union member is an injury to all union members. Contrast that with Senate Bill 5 in Ohio, which would have seriously curtailed the collective bargaining rights of all Ohio public sector workers and the police and fire unions were in the front rows protesting it and helping to overturn it and preserve a decent collective bargaining law contained within the Ohio Revised Code.

Fun fact about open-shop laws in the states (and now the entire US for the public sector). Not a single one was ever passed by a vote of the people. The people have overturned a few that were passed by legislatures, but right-to-work would fail in almost every state (possibly in EVERY state) were it put to a vote of the poeple. Missouri overturned a legislative effort to make that state anti-worker by a 2-1 margin a few years ago. And that's a state that is now pretty deep red and voted for trump by 15 and 19 percentage points, and even for Mitt Romney by almost 10 points in 2012.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Don't worry. They'll just do what they did in Iowa 10 years ago and kill public sector unions for everyone but cops.
    The great amygdalation

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

I believe I'm one of the more purely pro-union people on this board, my career is as a union labor advocate, and, after a brief stint working with private sector union members, once again my members all work in the public sector. And if I could, I would outlaw public sector collective bargaining today to get rid of police unions.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Jason Whitlock wins the prize for worst take of the decade with the verbal diarrhea spewed in front of the sentient bow tie controlling Tucker Carlson.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Jesus ****. The video is worse than I thought.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

I believe I'm one of the more purely pro-union people on this board, my career is as a union labor advocate, and, after a brief stint working with private sector union members, once again my members all work in the public sector. And if I could, I would outlaw public sector collective bargaining today to get rid of police unions.
    I'm a union member in the public sector and agree with that.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    So is the right in 2023 simply a group of trolls?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...51385249091586

Tucker on Tyree Nichols: “The very same people who are weeping on television about police brutality applauded when one of Nancy Pelosi’s officers murdered an unarmed woman called Ashli Babbitt.”
    Can someone please shove fish sticks in every orifice of this ****wit?

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    BTW the Paul Pelosi video is out as well...funny the Right has not apologized for all the sick jokes.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    I am a shop steward in one of my unions (I am in 3) and I agree 100%.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    What the **** is wrong with the police. jfc. These people never ever ****ing learn.
    They rarely face any consequences, so why would they learn?

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    So basically they had a CRASH unit and their shocked something like this happened?

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Video is out...
    So from what I can tell they stopped him, after the first tangle he ran, they got ****ed he ran, so they beat the shiat out of him when they caught him a minute or two later?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X