Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City manager who said cop should get due process has been fired

Comment

• Cop should get due process...not sure that is the wisest thing to say when you are trying to prevent unrest.

I can believe she made a mistake...ignorance is not an excuse though. She needs to be fired and charged with something. If you or I made that mistake we aren't walking away with a suspension and reprimand in our files. We go to jail. (or at least get charged) She needs to be held to the same standard we are. (honestly should be way higher but that is not the point) She should never be allowed to hold a position of authority again as the least amount of punishment. Let the investigation decide if she should receive more.

The key here though is to make sure everything is out in the open and done with due diligence and speed. Any chance this looks like a slow play or cover up and it will get ugly.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• In a surprise to no one the medical examiner declared it a homicide.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          In a surprise to no one the medical examiner declared it a homicide.
          The defense attorney was heard mumbling something about a heart attack....
          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• I had a police officer describe this exact situation as the reason why his tazer was on the opposite side of his gear from his firearm.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              City manager who said cop should get due process has been fired
              Yeah, it seems a majority of the city council and the mayor have decided they aren't fcking around. Of course I'm sure there are a bunch of Kyles and Karens on Twitter and Nextdoor ranting about a coup.

Comment

Well, that's suboptimal.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Yeah, it seems a majority of the city council and the mayor have decided they aren't fcking around. Of course I'm sure there are a bunch of Kyles and Karens on Twitter and Nextdoor ranting about a coup.
                  Brooklyn Park/Center is not South Minneapolis they can't afford to play this wrong. If they go Nazi all the Northern Suburbs are at risk...including all the Kyle's and Karens.

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Well, that's suboptimal.
                    Nah. Fuck him. He let the police their fly the Blue Lives Matter flag over the police HQ. He's not wrong about due process, he should still be fired.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Police chief is going to get axed tomorrow by the new acting city manager. City Council recommended firing him. Bye *******.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Nah. Fuck him. He let the police their fly the Blue Lives Matter flag over the police HQ. He's not wrong about due process, he should still be fired.
                        One council member was quoted in the Minneapolis paper as saying she voted to fire the manager because she was fearful of personal reprisal against herself from the protesters.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• This incident is not the first time this has happened in Minnesota. The exact same thing happened about 20 years ago in Rochester.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• He should move to Kenosha where they don't fire you even if you say all the darkies should be round up and put in cages so Karen and Kyle feel safe! Oh and they shouldn't be allowed to breed...

Like I said there is no way Brooklyn Park/Center is going to just sweep this under the rug. The Demographics wouldn't allow it anyways but some of the suburbs near that area are amongst the most liberal in the country. I mean within spitting distance of where this went down is New Hope, (where I grew up) Crystal (where I live now) and Golden Valley which is rich AND liberal. Throw in proximity to Robbinsdale and North Minneapolis and...well...not much risk of the cops getting the *wink wink* *nudge nudge* treatment.

Even in the best light this is a mistake that cannot happen and there is no way anyone can defend it legitimately. A dude is dead because a cop with an itchy finger and little to no awareness of what is going on around her screwed up royally.
                            Last edited by Handyman; 04-12-2021, 10:18 PM.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Can't find the tweet now. But someone claims to have put Wright's case number into a search system amd found the reason for his warrant was a returned piece of mail scheduling a zoom hearing. The notice was sent to the wrong address and returned and that's why the warrant was issued.
                              A returned piece of mail ultimately led to the death of a man.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
                              Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
                              Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
                              Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
                              Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

One council member was quoted in the Minneapolis paper as saying she voted to fire the manager because she was fearful of personal reprisal against herself from the protesters.
                                Lol. She shouldn't fear for her safety, but she should fear for her job. That's a horrible way to frame this on the city council of the most diverse community in the state.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X