X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco View Post
    Asset forfeiture should require criminal charges, and if you're found innocent, you should get it all back end of story. What Wayne County and other PDs in Michigan are doing is straight-up extortion/theft, not to mention the undoubtedly racist and classist aspects of it (notice how it took a white woman to bother fighting it and to get this story any press).

Leave a comment:

• Bronco
    replied
    Cops running a legal racket.
    https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-go...-take-your-car

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Man. I hope these Fair *******s get wrecked by this

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    It's a goat, not Pablo Escobar.

https://www.insider.com/lawsuit-poli...dispute-2023-3

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Did you rea……oh, never mind. Forgot for a second that onservatives can’t read.
    If Drew could read, he'd be very upset.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    We need to pay the people that protect us a livable wage https://www.boston.com/news/crime/20...p_featurestack
    Did you rea……oh, never mind. Forgot for a second that onservatives can’t read.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Cops protect property, not people.
    "To protect and to serve wealth"

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Cops protect property, not people.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    We need to pay the people that protect us a livable wage https://www.boston.com/news/crime/20...p_featurestack

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

There are plenty of foxes and some coyotes in the area. We saw a lot of the first and a surprising number of the second at our old house only a mile from there, in Minneapolis proper. Also, I keep seeing the argument that a six foot tall person can’t drown in two feet of water. First of all, yes they totally can. Secondly, Crystal Lake’s maximum depth is not two feet. C’mon.
    And swimming with clothes on is extremely different than in a swimsuit. We had to do that for a unit in gym class. Had our swimming unit for like a couple weeks and then we did a week of survival stuff. One of the days included jumping in the deep end with full clothes on. It was significantly more difficult. Obviously the looser and baggier the clothes, the more difficult it was. I don't suspect he was wearing skinny jeans, but I could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Wasn't seeking it but came across it. Can confirm. That's dead body after drowning. Really not pleasant.

Getting to the protest, like, why? He was found dead on a shore where I'm sure coyotes and fox I'm sure are present. Bite marks don't mean a damn thing. At least given the information present in the several articles I read. That said, yeah, investigate the arrrest and response and see what it turns up.
    There are plenty of foxes and some coyotes in the area. We saw a lot of the first and a surprising number of the second at our old house only a mile from there, in Minneapolis proper. Also, I keep seeing the argument that a six foot tall person can’t drown in two feet of water. First of all, yes they totally can. Secondly, Crystal Lake’s maximum depth is not two feet. C’mon.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    It would be extremely, I mean extremely rare, for a K9 to do what they are alleging.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Wasn't seeking it but came across it. Can confirm. That's dead body after drowning. Really not pleasant.

Getting to the protest, like, why? He was found dead on a shore where I'm sure coyotes and fox I'm sure are present. Bite marks don't mean a damn thing. At least given the information present in the several articles I read. That said, yeah, investigate the arrrest and response and see what it turns up.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Happened across the protest outside the Robbinsdale Police Department today. I guess it was starting at 6:00PM, and guess what intersection we pulled up to right at that time? Out of reflex because four people had JUST walked out into the street, we asked if we could go through to get our toddler to his swimming lesson. We were very aggressively told no, and yelled at to turn around about fifty times. Seemed weird because we were boxed in at that point and replied with “Okay, that’s fine.”, but whatever. We didn’t take it personally and moved on.

By the way, I’m going to need everyone to REALLY think before digging into what they’re protesting. Police brutality, of course, no surprises there. If you’re wanting more details and are going to go sleuthing anyway, let me tell you that you WILL be shocked by images you’ll likely find as you research.
    Last edited by state of hockey; 03-08-2023, 08:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    I know cops do a lot of dodgy things but I never would have suspected this: https://www.boston.com/news/crime/20...p_featurestack

So if you get in a car accident they try to find something with your dna on it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X