Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops: No Snarky Nor Positive Title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adjusted below. The only links to the offending source are now not mine.

    Family members of Malcolm X have revealed a letter written by a New York police officer that they say shows the NYPD and the FBI were behind the 1965 assassination of the famed Black leader.

    The 2011 letter by the now-dead officer, Raymond A. Wood, stated that Wood had been compelled by his supervisors at the New York Police Department to coax two members of Malcolm X’s security team into committing crimes, leading to their arrests just a few days before the assassination. They were then unable to secure the entry to New York’s Audubon Ballroom, where Malcolm X had been speaking when he was killed.

    Wood maintained that the arrests were part of a conspiracy by the NYPD and the FBI to murder Malcolm X, who had become disenchanted with the Nation of Islam and left the Black separatist group to start his own organization, the Muslim Mosque.

    “I was a black New York City undercover police officer between May of 1964 through May of 1971,” Wood’s letter began. “I participated in actions that in hindsight were deplorable and detrimental to my own black people. … Under the direction of my handlers, I was told to encourage leaders and members of the civil rights groups to commit felonious acts.”

    Wood said he was hired by the NYPD to infiltrate the civil rights groups “to find evidence of criminal activity, so the F.B.I. could discredit and arrest its leaders.”

    He said that he threatened to resign but that his supervisors said if he did, they would charge him with false crimes. His supervisors, Wood said, concocted an alleged plot to bomb the Statue of Liberty that implicated the members of Malcolm X’s security detail and led to their arrests.

    On the day of the assassination, Wood said, his supervisors ordered him to be at the Audubon Ballroom, where he was identified by witnesses while leaving the scene. Khalil Islam, also known as Thomas Johnson, “was later arrested and wrongfully convicted to protect my cover and the secrets of the FBI and NYPD,” he said.
    This is one of those Bill Maher things: I don't know it for a fact, I just know it's true.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Kepler's been holding out on us and supplying the NYPD with some cool new toys...
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

      Live Radio from 100.3

      Comment


      • Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Kepler's been holding out on us and supplying the NYPD with some cool new toys...
        That's not ours.

        Ours has 4 mounted AIM-9X.

        We give them to CBP to shoot immigrant families er ISIS insurgents.

        Look, just appropriate the money and let us worry about it.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

          That's not ours.

          Ours has 4 mounted AIM-9X.

          We give them to CBP to shoot immigrant families er ISIS insurgents.

          Look, just appropriate the money and let us worry about it.

          Pictured: Kepler's model.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

          Live Radio from 100.3

          Comment


          • Jon Oliver is a must watch this week...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Jon Oliver is a must watch this week...
              I can't believe Cop Rock didn't last longer.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

              Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

              Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

              Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

                I can't believe Cop Rock didn't last longer.
                It came out at the wrong time. It would be a cult show on a streaming service today.

                Comment


                • MI state trooper charged with assault after letting K9 attack someone for 3 minutes.
                  https://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/2...UWpgC1bZEZ61OM


                  Let me guess... the trooper stood idly by while his dog attacked someone because he feared for his life.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    MI state trooper charged with assault after letting K9 attack someone for 3 minutes.
                    https://www.mlive.com/news/jackson/2...UWpgC1bZEZ61OM


                    Let me guess... the trooper stood idly by while his dog attacked someone because he feared for his life.
                    what in the hell? why?
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

                      what in the hell? why?
                      You know why. Same with all cops... he feared for his life.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

                      Comment


                      • Website blocked at work. Let me guess: looking chewable while black?
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          Website blocked at work. Let me guess: looking chewable while black?
                          In the video, the offending trooper apparently didn't give a F.

                          Even worse, the offending cop got out on a mere $5,000.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

                          Comment


                          • The party of life wants to criminalize a medical procedure on a 6 week old fetus that few people would even visually be able to recognize as human but celebrates when this happens to someone who is clearly human. Those of us with a heart and a head and the ability to use both should be doing everything in the world to demand better. Because if we don't the eventual outcome will be armed warfare between the cops and the rest of us. Whatever the guy in the link was guilty of, even if convicted of it through due process in a court of law, he would not have been punished by death. When in the fuck is this s h i t going to end?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              The party of life wants to criminalize a medical procedure on a 6 week old fetus that few people would even visually be able to recognize as human but celebrates when this happens to someone who is clearly human. Those of us with a heart and a head and the ability to use both should be doing everything in the world to demand better. Because if we don't the eventual outcome will be armed warfare between the cops and the rest of us. Whatever the guy in the link was guilty of, even if convicted of it through due process in a court of law, he would not have been punished by death. When in the fuck is this s h i t going to end?
                              Embryo. Not fetus.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                              Comment


                              • So it's been interesting listening to the jury selection since I've never actually seen it before.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X