No announcement yet.

Cops: No Snarky Nor Positive Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh. I'm not a gun guy, but I get collectors.

I don't need the 15 guitars and basses I have, but yes the **** I do.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
      Eh. I'm not a gun guy, but I get collectors.

I don't need the 15 guitars and basses I have, but yes the **** I do.
      This is a different kind of collecting, though. They have those weapons because they are paranoid. They aren't collector pieces. This is at best hoarding, and more likely they are cosplaying Jesustard ISIS.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I admit I didn't read the article. Unless you're moving from state to state, it's really not that difficult to stay current with licensure once legally acquired, so I have little sympathy for those who end up arrested.

But whether it's some rare show-piece gun, "just another" handgun or a fancy new AR-platform weapon, I just can't bring myself to crap on collectors. Even collectors of things I do not get, like guns.

Like I said - I have a lot of basses. None of them are showy. They're all boring, utilitarian basses, none of which cost more than $1500.

Comment

• Gun collectors are a thing, but I would say ever since Ruby/Waco and with almost everyone in America now having Internet access, there have been an ever-growing number of radicalized nutballs who believe they are stockpiling for CW2/The End Times.

Comment

• Grand juror speaks out. This isn’t over

https://mobile.twitter.com/renato_ma...45853171249152

Comment

• Yeah, it probably is over. Motions like this aren't unusual; it would be unusual for it to be granted.

https://apnews.com/article/breon

You folks also have to get a better handle on the whole civil vs. criminal liability piece.

But since your Thought Leader got confused a few pages ago on this issue, and clearly doesn't grasp the difference, I don't expect most of you to get it, either.

If you think you're PO'ed now, just wait & see how the Chauvin-Floyd thing goes down in MN ...
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Grand juror speaks out. This isn’t over

https://mobile.twitter.com/renato_ma...45853171249152
                I read the whole complaint. I don't think it is going to work but I find their position to be rather creative. They are basically saying Cameron threw the GJ under the bus at the press conference and because of that and the outcry over the non-indictments the court owes it to the people to allow them to see the whole truth. It would appear they didn't like that McConnell's stooge sidestepped all responsibility and blamed them. Even brought up that could lead people to judge the GJ unfairly in light of what is going on. (IIRC)

Again it won't work (at least not in full, I believe some of the transcript is being released) but I think whoever came up with the argument did a solid job. I await unofan's thoughts. :-)
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Kentucky AG Will Release Breonna Taylor Grand Jury Details After Juror Calls For Transparency

“We have no concerns with grand jurors sharing their thoughts on our presentation because we are confident in the case we presented,” the AG said.

Comment

• Chuckles, finding pleasure in cops killing black people and facing no penalty, to own the libs.

Sad. But, it is what it is.

Old people need to find new hobbies.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      Chuckles, finding pleasure in cops killing black people and facing no penalty, to own the libs.

Sad. But, it is what it is.

Old people need to find new hobbies.
                      There's no "pleasure" in seeing anyone get killed, you virtue-signaling dickwad poseur.

Glad you'll be seeking new hobbies. Understanding the law would be a good place to start ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                        Understanding the law would be a good place to start ...
                        https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...1819571149/amp

Comment

Yeah, it probably is over. Motions like this aren't unusual; it would be unusual for it to be granted.

https://apnews.com/article/breon

You folks also have to get a better handle on the whole civil vs. criminal liability piece.

But since your Thought Leader got confused a few pages ago on this issue, and clearly doesn't grasp the difference, I don't expect most of you to get it, either.

If you think you're PO'ed now, just wait & see how the Chauvin-Floyd thing goes down in MN ...
                          You're tilting at windmills, but:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/breonna...y-proceedings/

It's over criminally, it's over civilly (the family of the murdered Taylor settled with the police), but it's definitely not over in the media or the minds of millions of people. Nor should it be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I read the whole complaint. I don't think it is going to work but I find their position to be rather creative. They are basically saying Cameron threw the GJ under the bus at the press conference and because of that and the outcry over the non-indictments the court owes it to the people to allow them to see the whole truth. It would appear they didn't like that McConnell's stooge sidestepped all responsibility and blamed them. Even brought up that could lead people to judge the GJ unfairly in light of what is going on. (IIRC)

Again it won't work (at least not in full, I believe some of the transcript is being released) but I think whoever came up with the argument did a solid job. I await unofan's thoughts. :-)
                            It’s gonna be real interesting.

the troll trying to interpret what comments mean isn’t going well

Comment

There's no "pleasure" in seeing anyone get killed, you virtue-signaling dickwad poseur.

Glad you'll be seeking new hobbies. Understanding the law would be a good place to start ...
                              You mad, bro?

You sound mad.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

You're tilting at windmills, but:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/breonna...y-proceedings/

It's over criminally, it's over civilly (the family of the murdered Taylor settled with the police), but it's definitely not over in the media or the minds of millions of people. Nor should it be.
                                Actually it doesn't have to be over criminally. A prosecutor can still bring charges. They won't but they can.

Poor Chuckles...his insults always sound better in the original Russian.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X