Cops: No Snarky Nor Positive Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    They’re boarding up windows and mobilizing the National Guard.

I also imagine a few discreet phone calls to militia members too.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      They’re boarding up windows and mobilizing the National Guard.

I also imagine a few discreet phone calls to militia members too.
      Discrete? It's probably on the state website. "Come lynch some n-ggers! There will be a prayer meetin' and beer!"
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

There is. And many, many, many of them choose that way.

But, as I said, when the public and media choose to paint with a broad brush, why would the good people stick around, or for that matter, join up?
        My BIL is a Hennepin County Sheriff’s deputy, and works very closely with many on the MPD. A large number of the guys going for early retirement said it was from the overwhelming public opinion of them being bad people for simply being a cop. Others, he suspects, were looking to get out before being forced out.

To those leaving due to the pressure created by others, they strike me as the people who allowed themselves to become the Useful Idiots by those who should already be in prison for their conduct. The Strib has an article a while back that I can’t access - burned my free ones for the month, and it read that the DA had a hard time prosecuting suspects in the 3rd precinct due to these people continually being roughed up while in custody. Charge photos were compared with pics taken as they were released - broken bones, new need for slings, etc..
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• The 3rd was notorious when I lived over there. Even the White People didn't trust them but for sure the minorities didn't. A lot of rather unsavory cops got transferred there over the years and their conduct was well known to be intimidating and downright criminal. I have heard some pretty bad horror stories...especially from Latinx people in the area.

Conversely the cops I knew when I worked in a bad part of downtown were much better respected. We used to have the local beat cops come into our store all of the time and they were friendly with everyone not just the workers. It was much closer to community policing than it was to intimidation. They treated the people with respect and for the most part even the criminals treated them with respect. The beat cops never acted angry or scared in the 3 years I worked there and almost all of our clientele had records many with violent felonies.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Gee I wonder why people are upset at so many cops

“Jon Mattingly, one of the Louisville Metro Police Department officers involved in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor, wrote a letter to his colleagues taking aim at city officials amid speculation that a decision will soon be reached in the case of Taylor’s death and saying he knows they did "the legal, moral and ethical thing that night."

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              The 3rd was notorious when I lived over there. Even the White People didn't trust them but for sure the minorities didn't. A lot of rather unsavory cops got transferred there over the years and their conduct was well known to be intimidating and downright criminal. I have heard some pretty bad horror stories...especially from Latinx people in the area.

Conversely the cops I knew when I worked in a bad part of downtown were much better respected. We used to have the local beat cops come into our store all of the time and they were friendly with everyone not just the workers. It was much closer to community policing than it was to intimidation. They treated the people with respect and for the most part even the criminals treated them with respect. The beat cops never acted angry or scared in the 3 years I worked there and almost all of our clientele had records many with violent felonies.
              I mean, when the 4th is held in higher regard, well...
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

I mean, when the 4th is held in higher regard, well...
                This.

Btw good to see you back!!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Oh no they walked off because the public started saying mean things after becoming fed up watching citisen after citizen be mistreated while so many "good ones" say by and did NOTHING!

If you know my posting history you know I have often come to the defense of the police and tended to give them the benefit of the doubt.

in this case screw them. They were not defunded. They did not have any resources taken from them. They were not prevented from lawfully performing their duties. However during a time of crisis a fed up public said they demand more.

Sack it up and do your job. Serve and protect. Expose your violent and lawbreaking colleagues. Change the public perception by serving the community and not yourselves. I have zero sympathy for anyone thinking they're one of the good ones but quit because times got tough. That's your effing job.

Comment

• Aurora police are full of heroes.

but oops we shouldn’t call them out, might hurt their feewings and we don’t wanna do that do we.

“An officer with the Aurora, Colo., Police Department will be suspended without pay for 40 hours and required to attend de-escalation training after pulling his gun on an Indian American doctor who was parking at his own workplace.

“It’s not enough,” the doctor said. “That would never fly in the business world — I’ve terminated employees for less. The police pretty much have free rein to do whatever they want.”

Comment

• I'm sure the cop thought he had found himself a dirty Messican.

I've got an idea. Let's stop hiring herpa derps for our police departments.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The grand jury in Breonna Taylor’s case is reporting its findings to the Jefferson County Circuit Judge at 115p EDT, with Kentucky AG Cameron speaking at 130p EDT to discuss the findings.

Comment

• One LMPD officer, Hankison, charged with three counts of first-degree wanton endangerment. The other two apparently charged with nothing.

Comment

• So let me get this right: No one will be held responsible for the killing of #BreonnaTaylor? Just endangering her neighbors who were NOT killed?!
                            https://mobile.***********/CharlesMB...22229354938369

You have got to be ****ing kidding me. We're going to have a ****ing civil war before these people wake the **** up.

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I dont even think psych is gonna defend Louisville on this one...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• This is like a drunk driver running a stop sign and fatally running someone over in the process. And only getting a ticket for running the stop sign....
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                                X