This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-d...ptain-protest/

St. Louis — A 24-year-old St. Louis man has been charged with first-degree murder in the fatal shooting of a retired police captain who died on a night of violent protests while trying to protect his friend's pawn shop, the city's prosecutor announced Sunday.

Stephan Cannon was being held without bond on a first-degree murder charge in the death of David Dorn, 77, who was killed Tuesday on the sidewalk outside Lee's Pawn and Jewelry. Dorn's last moments were caught on video and apparently posted on Facebook Live, though the video has since been taken down.

Dorn's death came on a violent night in St. Louis, where four officers were shot, officers were pelted with rocks and fireworks, and 55 businesses were burglarized or damaged, including a convenience store that burned.

[ ... ]

According to a police probable cause statement, Cannon was among those seen on surveillance footage entering the store and then stealing several televisions, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. Dorn, a friend of the pawn shop's owner who was in the habit of checking on the business when alarms went off, arrived at the store.

Cannon then walked toward the street corner with a gun in his hand. Police said video shows Cannon pointing the gun at Dorn and then Dorn falling to the ground, according to CBS St. Louis affiliate KMOV-TV.

"At the time the shots were fired, (Cannon) was the only person standing at that corner," the probable cause statement reads. "Multiple plumes of smoke" can be seen coming from where Cannon was standing, and shell casings were found on the spot, police said.

KMOV says Cannon and two other people were seen getting in a car and driving away.

Cannon also faces several other charges including robbery and felon in possession of a firearm.

"[Dorn] was murdered by looters at a pawn shop. He was the type of brother that would've given his life to save them if he had to," the Ethical Society of Police of St. Louis wrote after the murder, KMOV reports. "Violence is not the answer, whether it's a citizen or officer."

St. Louis police said they also arrested a second man, Jimmie Robinson, for taking part in the pawn shop thefts and charged him with burglary and armed criminal action. Bond for him was set at $30,000.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
      The problem with attention-seekers like Chuck and flaggy is that they always drive the level of discussion down until the thread is mostly crap. Please ignore.
      Thank you.

If you Ignore them you end them. They literally zero out.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Thank you.

If you Ignore them you end them. They literally zero out.
        I feel like it will get worse as their ****ty hockey team won’t be playing for a while thanks to their fuhrer

Comment

• Man Conservative Twitter is not happy that the Packers apparently didnt come out for the anthem and the Vikings are honoring George Floyd. They also seem to imply that the stadiums are empty because people are mad about stuff like that...not the...you know...PANDEMIC!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Conservative Twitter, broadcasting live from warehouses on the outskirts of Guangzhou and St. Petersburg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Man Conservative Twitter is not happy that the Packers apparently didnt come out for the anthem and the Vikings are honoring George Floyd. They also seem to imply that the stadiums are empty because people are mad about stuff like that...not the...you know...PANDEMIC!
              I’ve got a friend who is just going off on pro sports right now.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Dx,

Can you imagine what gator is saying?
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Conservative Twitter, broadcasting live from warehouses on the outskirts of Guangzhou and St. Petersburg.
                  Don't sleep on Haifa.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Dx,

Can you imagine what gator is saying?
                    Don’t have to imagine. ; )
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I kind of figured ;-)

I blocked him right about when he got banned from GPL.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/josie_huang/stat...31513592967168

Cops assaulting a journalist...

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Ooh ooh what's his Twitter again? Although he might have blocked me haha.

Comment

• Facebook
                            Code:

Comment

• Well at least he is probably happy Surly closed their taproom since he thinks anyone who likes their beer are Sheeple. To be honest though their beer is overrated and their Anti-Union shenanigans has me happy they closed too.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I'm sure you guys will find some creative reasons to justify what happened in LA this past weekend ...

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Working...
                                X