Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cops: No Snarky Nor Positive Title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

    It shows that everyone is one edge and the rioters will use any excuse. It never had to get to this point but here we are. I expect we'll continue to see this until something actually changes. Either we go full blown police state or we actually fix the problem.
    In Minneapolis, we're going to continue to see this until about November, or early December. Snow, sleet and a twenty below windchill tends to dampen the enthusiasm for outdoor frivolity.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

      That is true and I find it terrifying, because I am a lot closer to turning into a savage than cops are at acting civilized. A lot closer.
      Yes, we have to be on guard against it. We cannot let the magnitude of the right's crimes drag us down to their level.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

        In Minneapolis, we're going to continue to see this until about November, or early December. Snow, sleet and a twenty below windchill tends to dampen the enthusiasm for outdoor frivolity.
        I’d imagine our windchills might take away the natural high one must get after looting a target and running down the street with your goods

        Comment


        • So Tucker Carlson really said that, here, in law and order Trump's America, vigilantes must take to the streets to maintain order because no one else is?

          That's what he's going with? Sounds like a winning position.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

            Yes, we have to be on guard against it. We cannot let the magnitude of the right's crimes drag us down to their level.
            You're too late. The desire and need to feel superior to others can be strong, and between Covid and the police protests, people have leaped in with both feet.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

              You're too late. The desire and need to feel superior to others can be strong, and between Covid and the police protests, people have leaped in with both feet.
              Always projection.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by rufus View Post
                So Tucker Carlson really said that, here, in law and order Trump's America, vigilantes must take to the streets to maintain order because no one else is?

                That's what he's going with? Sounds like a winning position.
                Makes sense. It gets them to what the right wants. Donald Trump and his children in total control of the country forever. Authoritarian Government here we come.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

                  Makes sense. It gets them to what the right wants. Donald Trump and his children in total control of the country forever. Authoritarian Government here we come.
                  But if he's the law and order guy, why is there lawlessness in the streets of his country?

                  Sounds like he's bad at his job.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rufus View Post

                    But if he's the law and order guy, why is there lawlessness in the streets of his country?

                    Sounds like he's bad at his job.
                    The plutocrats aren't in danger so he's doing his job perfectly. And this will allow him to militarize the police department across the country (not that it wasn't already). Expect every police department to get more military gear, etc.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                    Comment


                    • Former NFL linebacker Brian Urlacher decided to weigh in on the Kenosha shooting...

                      All of Chicagoland upon reading his horrific take:
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

                      Live Radio from 100.3

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

                        I’d imagine our windchills might take away the natural high one must get after looting a target and running down the street with your goods
                        What if you steal a jacket or hats and gloves?
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

                        "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

                        Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          Former NFL linebacker Brian Urlacher decided to weigh in on the Kenosha shooting...

                          All of Chicagoland upon reading his horrific take:
                          It must have been quite the take for them to turn on him.

                          edit: Saw it on Twitter. Yes Bri Bret Favre's dad dying is totally equivalent to the NBA situation. I think he has CTE.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 08-27-2020, 03:58 PM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

                          "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

                          Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                          Comment


                          • Onion.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • He very well may have CTE, but that shouldn't be used to excuse a55hole behavior.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                He very well may have CTE, but that shouldn't be used to excuse a55hole behavior.
                                Nah... That's a side effect from the hair surgery
                                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                                Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                                Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                                Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X