X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Quelle surprise, Male Karen doesn't "Back the Blue!" when pulled over, tries to play the DYKWIA?! card

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    She'll be free as a bird in 14 months. We are one racist ****ing society. There is no other explanation for her sentence compared to the dark skinned cop who shot the pretty white fitness instructor. He got off far too lightly in my opinion. This Potter sentence is a cruel joke. She deserved every day of the 7 years behind bars the prosecution was seeking and more. I have my own personal doubts that what she did was entirely accidental, but since no one can read minds, sure, give her that benefit of that doubt. But even under those circumstances, a far far longer sentence is justified.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Kim "Taser, Taser, Taser" Potter gets sentenced today.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-son-rcna16478

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Kim "Taser, Taser, Taser" Potter gets sentenced today.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Isn't that kind of the point of a no knock warrant, to catch the person by surprise and before they can start mentally processing things and react?
    They should start doing that in all neighborhoods, with all suspects for all crimes.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    They are obviously dangerous situations, for everyone involved, since neither party on either side of the door really knows what is waiting for them.
    Funny, you'd think the average Black man would know by now what awaits him when he is on the business end of an encounter with a cop. Especially if he chooses to exercise his 2nd amendment rights.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

No Knock Warrants serve no purpose other than to let cops act like they are in an action film or cop procedural show where they get in a shootout every other week. They don't increase safety, or likelihood of arrest and they certainly don't protect evidence any more than a traditional one would IMHO.
    The facts you note about arrests and safety (and they are facts) are proof positive that the police unions don't really care about making cops better at their jobs or even making the job safer. We already know they don't give a **** about making things safer for citizens, be they criminals or innocents.

If the FOP (and other cop unions) really cared about making things safer for cops they would be first in line to support ACTUAL gun control reforms and eliminating no-knock warrants. As well too they would be all about better education and far more progressive drug abuse laws.

But the real truth is law enforcement has been overrun with meatheads who DO believe they are in action movies, and white supremacists who for a long time just assumed they'd get away with murdering lots of black and brown people. If a no-knock warrant increases the likelihood of them being able to discharge a firearm, then their thinking is we need MORE no-knock warrants, not fewer.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    No knock warrants are there yes for the element of surprise. The problem is they also increase the likelihood mistakes will be made and put cops at a much higher risk. When cops are at a higher risk their fingers become ridiculously twitchy.

BTW it sounds like the judge who signed the no knock warrant was the judge from the Chauvin trial. Also it sounds like MPD refused to serve the warrant for Saint Paul unless Saint Paul agreed to a no knock warrant.

No Knock Warrants serve no purpose other than to let cops act like they are in an action film or cop procedural show where they get in a shootout every other week. They don't increase safety, or likelihood of arrest and they certainly don't protect evidence any more than a traditional one would IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post

It is, but aren't posters just saying that if the State wants to enjoy the benefit of surprise, it should be prepared to accept the detriment (defensive behavior) as well?
    I get that, but I think that arguing that Locke had no time to react seems sort of silly to me. Of course he had no time to react, that's the point.

I have no idea whether a no-knock warrant was appropriate or not. I haven't seen the warrant posted anywhere and know little about why the cops were even there or what they expected to find. I assume no knock warrants are used in cases where evidence might be destroyed, but I also assume they might be used in other instances as well. They are obviously dangerous situations, for everyone involved, since neither party on either side of the door really knows what is waiting for them.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Isn't that kind of the point of a no knock warrant, to catch the person by surprise and before they can start mentally processing things and react?
    The STPD did not request a no-knock for this arrest, but MPD went and did it anyway. No knocks are typically if there's fear the target would destroy evidence (such as drugs) among other reasons. From what I've read this individual didn't meet the needs but a judge signed off on it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

It is, but aren't posters just saying that if the State wants to enjoy the benefit of surprise, it should be prepared to accept the detriment (defensive behavior) as well?

Nancy Reagan understood how toilets can be a weapon in war,
    Last edited by burd; 02-07-2022, 09:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I'm sorry but **** that. The guy was sleeping and had six seconds to wake up and discern that they were cops and not armed robbers.

**** that. I'd have fired too.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    No knock warrants are just an invitation for killings. We like killings in America. High Risk warrants, same thing.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Not to mention, having multiple people screaming at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I'm sorry but **** that. The guy was sleeping and had six seconds to wake up and discern that they were cops and not armed robbers.

**** that. I'd have fired too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X