Cops: No Snarky Nor Positive Title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

That's not for another month. He's not a fan of the new layout. That's the only reason.

Minnesota State Trooper accused of texting nude photos of driver to himself.

https://www.startribune.com/trooper-...H5isg3-YMPJ7Kw
    Dx disappeared too

Comment

• Dx every so often posts of FB that I see...but yeah he seemed to be slowing down anyways.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Dx every so often posts of FB that I see...but yeah he seemed to be slowing down anyways.
        I’ll be honest with you, for at least six months, if not longer, checking in on Cafe each day is like going to a funeral. For a three year old. Every day. It’s like these wild swings between angst and bitterness, which isn’t a great swing to ride.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I’ll be honest with you, for at least six months, if not longer, checking in on Cafe each day is like going to a funeral. For a three year old. Every day. It’s like these wild swings between angst and bitterness, which isn’t a great swing to ride.
          Bingo.

It’s rather sad and pathetic. It’s like a group of middle aged people that wish they could be out there with what is left of these 20 something, whinny brats who have yet to do anything with their lives and complain about everything, “Protesters”.

Comment

So stay away. No one is forcing you to come here.

Jeb, or whalers, or whoever he is today, can do the same. if you don't like the place, why come here?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Jeb, or whalers, or whoever he is today, can do the same. if you don't like the place, why come here?
              Are you kicking us out of your Whinny little safe space?

is this your CHAZ?

lol

Comment

• I'm not doing any such thing. i don't have that power.

I just find it puzzling that you, and many others also, keep coming to this place if they hate what the discussions are about so much.

Certainly with the entirety of the world wide internets, you could find some other forum to hang out at where you would have a much more pleasant experience.

Comment

I'm not doing any such thing. i don't have that power.

I just find it puzzling that you, and many others also, keep coming to this place if they hate what the discussions are about so much.

Certainly with the entirety of the world wide internets, you could find some other forum to hang out at where you would have a much more pleasant experience.
                  Hate? I’m doing just fine and enjoying my experience.

Comment

• So you enjoy going to sad and pathetic places. Got it.

Comment

• Just remember, it's not just cops, its the system, when you have a city council member of a city in a protest for masks mocking those who died under the hands of cops or security- saying "I can't breathe, I can't breathe" then taking off his mask.

This bias goes SO much deeper than the cops, it's not even funny. But at least we can put pieces in place to hold cops accountable for their actions. And change their charter to actually keeping ALL people safe.

I've not read this subject for a long time, but sometimes a person's action just boils my blood. Suck it up, Hovey- there a lot of crappy people out there that need to be corrected and taken out of power. Until that happens, even you will be living under a umbrella of control.

Comment

You are certainly right that no one forces me to look in on Cafe. After 23 years it has probably become more habit than anything.

There are the occasional nuggets of information that I learn, or the chuckle I get. My post wasn't a demand for change by anyone as much as it was an observation in the context of a discussion about missing posters. Admittedly, I know if no one who has quit posting here because of the grim tenor of the place.

I do think it's funny though that you, a poster is who is quite capable of posting that I'm wrong about something, didn't respond by telling me I was wrong, just suggested that I leave.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I can't imagine why anyone would be angry or bitter about the state of the country these past 3.5 years. Everything's great, party on! 'Murica fck yeah!

Comment

• I mean technically 3 counts as, "a few".

https://***********/StevenTDennis/st...779048450?s=20

3 North Carolina police officers fired over racist rants

According to documents released by the police department, a sergeant was conducting a video audit as part of a monthly inspection and was reviewing footage from Piner’s car that had been classified as “accidental activation.” After the sergeant listened to the conversation and determined comments made by Piner and Moore were “extremely racist,” she contacted the department administrator for the camera system.

At the 46-minute mark of the video, Piner and Gilmore began talking from their respective cars, at which time Piner criticized the department, saying its only concern was “kneeling down with the black folks.” About 30 minutes later, Piner received a phone call from Moore, according to the investigation, a segment in which Moore referred to a Black female as a “negro.” He also referred to the woman by using a racial slur. He repeated the use of the slur in describing a Black magistrate, and Moore used a gay slur to describe the magistrate as well.

Later, according to the investigation, Piner told Moore that he feels a civil war is coming and that he is ready. Piner said he was going to buy a new assault rifle, and soon “we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)” Blacks. “I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.” Moore responded that he wouldn’t do that.

Piner then told Moore that he felt a civil war was needed to “wipe them off the (expletive) map. That’ll put them back about four or five generations.” Moore told Piner he was “crazy,” and the recording stopped a short time later.

Comment

I know if no one who has quit posting here because of the grim tenor of the place.
                              Look around the country. The grim tenor is a mirror of reality.

In all seriousness, even as a partisan you should be able to recognize the magnitude of what Dump in particular and the Republicans in general have done. This 40-year experiment in destroying government has ended exactly as predicted: the erosion of democracy, routinized state violence against out groups, xenophobia, curtailment of all civil rights and civil liberties except the narrowest and most exclusive one of the wealthy being able to accumulate more wealth at everyone else's expense.

Face it, Flounder. You f-cked up. You trusted them. You've been voting for a fascist movement. OK, your bad but now... stop. You don't even have to admit you made a mistake if that crushes your ego, but... just... stop. And for god's sake don't cover for them. They wouldn't do the same for you. They literally don't care if you die as long as they enrich themselves more.

The cake was a lie.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I wonder if as part of the re-working of the site we can get them to rename "Cafe" as "Kurt Cobain's Journals."

Comment

Working...
                                X