X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    We give the police billions of dollars. They can take swim lessons.
    Lmao. No.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    We give the police billions of dollars. They can take swim lessons.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

For what? That they're not trained rescue swimmers? This isn't the same thing as charging into a school with a gunman. This is a ****ing dumbass who put himself in extreme danger and no one else. The cops would have a very real chance of being drowned along with him if they tried to save him. I don't know if you've ever tried to help someone struggling in the water, but let me tell you, it's actually part of training that you may have to basically incapacitate the person if they start to become a danger to you both. Because being dragged under is an extremely real and likely possibility as the person fighting for their life does anything they can to stay above water.

Nah man. They aren't lifeguards. If someone climbs the side of a building, they have no obligation to scale the building and get the guy down.
    I'm with DX on this one and I have more unreasonable hatred for all things law enforcement than any 10 of the rest of you. Certain rescues need to be done by people with specific training, and a water rescue is one of them. You don't know what your doing, especially when going after someone who will quite possibly not want you near them and you will probably need rescuing yourself. As a former lineman (as well as a former emergency responder) I knew more about a poletop rescue of someone suffering a medical emergency and being incapacitated 50 or 250 feet off the ground and could them down a lot quicker (and do it safely) than a lot of firefighters.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    What’s a little brain matter in the hair. Easily missed

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...ygHY&fs=e&s=cl

the incompetence here is beyond embarrassing
    My buddy used to live in the exact same building the murderess did until she was arrested.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I disagree. They and their sups should all be fired for being incompetent.
    For what? That they're not trained rescue swimmers? This isn't the same thing as charging into a school with a gunman. This is a ****ing dumbass who put himself in extreme danger and no one else. The cops would have a very real chance of being drowned along with him if they tried to save him. I don't know if you've ever tried to help someone struggling in the water, but let me tell you, it's actually part of training that you may have to basically incapacitate the person if they start to become a danger to you both. Because being dragged under is an extremely real and likely possibility as the person fighting for their life does anything they can to stay above water.

Nah man. They aren't lifeguards. If someone climbs the side of a building, they have no obligation to scale the building and get the guy down.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    The cops shouldn't try to swim out there unless they're trained rescue swimmers. They called for backup and the dude drowned. They have absolutely zero duty to swim out there.
    I disagree. They and their sups should all be fired for being incompetent.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Maryland State Police troopers under investigation for this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxbalt...among-troopers

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    The cops shouldn't try to swim out there unless they're trained rescue swimmers. They called for backup and the dude drowned. They have absolutely zero duty to swim out there.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ource=facebook

Cops watch man drown as he pleads for his life.

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Defend the Blue! Right?

They're just gojua continue to sandbag the investigation and hope this goes away.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Trespassing is trespassing, but this department can't seem to stop digging the pit even deeper.
    Yeah even the Keystone Kops weren't this stupid!

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I mean they aren't wrong...
    Trespassing is trespassing, but this department can't seem to stop digging the pit even deeper.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    I mean they aren't wrong...

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    ** Golf Clap**

Twisted, but a deserved golf clap...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler