replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

terorism
    breaking and entering
    Assault
    false imprisonment
    reckless endangerment

sure, then maybe we can talk
    I'd say terrorizing (not -ism), but those would fit a police raid on the wrong house. I'd agree.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied
    Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

If the Legislature made that a crime, it'd be a crime. But you do bring up a most curious example. Not sure why you leapt to "union".
    I explicitly stated in my post why I used it. And you didn't answer the question. Are you suggesting that we criminalize certain non-criminal actions, such as anti-union actions? Or are you suggesting that cops should get away with anti-union acts without repercussion? None of this bull**** "if its a crime, it'd be a crime" nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

terorism
    breaking and entering
    Assault
    false imprisonment
    reckless endangerment

Nope. The minimum amount of charges possible and the least levied penalty is the only acceptable outcome.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Make that "criminal trespass" by the cops.
    terorism
    breaking and entering
    Assault
    false imprisonment
    reckless endangerment

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    If at first you dojn't succeed, try, try again. Cop who murdered Tamir Rice once again tried to worm his way back into law enforcement. I guess the pull of being able to shoot people who are darker than you is really strong.

How hard is it to do a background check that reveals who this guy is? I mean can't anyone with a ****ing computer and internet connection just google his name?

This is the at least the second police department to hire this idiot since he was fired by the Cleveland Division of Police. And Cleveland hired him after his previous employer told him to resign or they would fire him, citing his emotional immaturity and his inability to qualify with his firearm. (he was literally less than 5 feet from Tamir Rice when he blew him away for the crime of playing with a toy gun while black, and for that you don't need to be much of a good shot)

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

That ship has sailed as well. Let's face it. If for any reason you have to be involved with the police in any way for any reason you should feel lucky to be alive after the encounter.
    I know. I just can't understand how cops aren't in favor of more restrictive gun laws.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post

Never know who might be holed up in that house, armed to the teeth with assault rifles. Best to err on the side of precaution.

Wouldn't it be amazing if these cops didn't have to fear they'd encounter armed suspects every time they go out on a call? Nah, that's crazy talk.
    That ship has sailed as well. Let's face it. If for any reason you have to be involved with the police in any way for any reason you should feel lucky to be alive after the encounter.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Seems like a measured, deliberate, rational response by the police.
    Never know who might be holed up in that house, armed to the teeth with assault rifles. Best to err on the side of precaution.

Wouldn't it be amazing if these cops didn't have to fear they'd encounter armed suspects every time they go out on a call? Nah, that's crazy talk.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Seems like a measured, deliberate, rational response by the police.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    ... a house that would be wrongly raided.
    Make that "criminal trespass" by the cops.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Putting aside the absurdity of your premise, are you suggesting that we criminalize certain non-criminal actions, such as anti-union actions?
    If the Legislature made that a crime, it'd be a crime. But you do bring up a most curious example. Not sure why you leapt to "union".

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    They shouldn't have been at a house that would be wrongly raided. I bet that kid was a future gangster anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    https://twitter.com/radleybalko/stat...ipYit84LA&s=19

SWAT team raids house for a robbery suspect. Flashbangs ignite the house, which is then engulfed in flames. After the fire, police find the body of a 14-year-old boy. He was not the suspect. Nor was the family who live in the house.

Leave a comment:

• Fighting Sioux 23
    replied
    I'm saying set a new and tougher standard for cops.
    I said "tighten up criminal law around on-duty cops. Set a higher standard, and make it hurt."

For cops, make reckless damage to civilian property a criminal offense. Probably get fewer police chases and police shots fired. And that's what you want, right?
    Putting aside the absurdity of your premise, are you suggesting that we criminalize certain non-criminal actions, such as anti-union actions? Or are you suggesting that cops should get away with anti-union acts without repercussion?

For example, Supervisor Cop fires Subordinate Cop for trying to form a union. In your scenario, does Supervisor Cop go to jail AND get sued? Or neither?

FWIW, this example comes from my first trial (which should tell you that there was no qualified immunity).

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Police chases shouldn't exist at all because they're a waste of resources and are as dangerous as firing a gun at a suspect in a mall.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X