This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Not real sure what planet you're living on, but cops get sued all the time here in Minnesota.
    The world that exists after June 23, 2022
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Concept:
      You can't sue a cop for civil damages until they've been criminally convicted for the same act.

Lawyers, blow that idea up.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Concept:
        You can't sue a cop for civil damages until they've been criminally convicted for the same act.

Lawyers, blow that idea up.
        You don't need a lawyer to blow that up. You just need a working brain

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The world that exists after June 23, 2022
          I saw a news story not long ago that had a number of something like $110 million likely paid to people who sued cops in Minneapolis alone over the course of a year. You think Ben Crump keeps showing up here because he likes the food or weather?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I saw a news story not long ago that had a number of something like $110 million likely paid to people who sued cops in Minneapolis alone over the course of a year. You think Ben Crump keeps showing up here because he likes the food or weather?
            Is that the cops being sued or their employers? Generally civil settlements or verdicts are paid for by the public employer (or really more accurately, by taxpayers) and the public employer is the entity that is sued, not the individual cop. In most cases, qualified immunity prevents the individual from being the subject of the suit and the responsible party is the employing agency.

Fact is, the cops need to be the ones responsible. They want to be treated like the professionals they claim to be, buy malpractice insurance.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

You don't need a lawyer to blow that up. You just need a working brain
              If it's not criminal at root, what are cops being sued civilly for?
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Connecting illegal activities by cops to conviction.
                It may be the whitest thing you've ever posted.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Connecting illegal activities by cops to conviction.
                  It may be the whitest thing you've ever posted.
                  ACAB.
                  Got it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• So OJ should not have been sued since he wasn't convicted of killing Nicole?

Its almost like there is different standards to the various courts...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

ACAB.
                      Got it.
                      Faulty syllogism.
                      Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

Is that the cops being sued or their employers? Generally civil settlements or verdicts are paid for by the public employer (or really more accurately, by taxpayers) and the public employer is the entity that is sued, not the individual cop. In most cases, qualified immunity prevents the individual from being the subject of the suit and the responsible party is the employing agency.

Fact is, the cops need to be the ones responsible. They want to be treated like the professionals they claim to be, buy malpractice insurance.
                        My guess is that in most instances it is both the individual cop or cops and the employer city/county that are named as defendants.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I refuse to believe you're this dumb. So I say again, go seek medical treatment because you must have had a stroke.

Comment

My guess is that in most instances it is both the individual cop or cops and the employer city/county that are named as defendants.
                            They get named but it is the city/state that pays not them or the union. If cops pensions/funding were on the line they would kill a lot less Black People.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I refuse to believe you're this dumb. So I say again, go seek medical treatment because you must have had a stroke.
                              I don't.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Let's face it - most cops are bastards. Assuming you follow the 10-70-20 rule of most organizations, the 5-10% who could effect genuine change often don't last long on the force due to internal resistance and not-so-subtle threats to their career path from the department brass and the FOP. The idea of "hero" cops is propped up by an excessive number of pro-cop movies and TV shows. Those cops are needles in a haystack of apathetic mediocrity - the 70% for whom it's just a steady job that didn't require much in the way of academics - and actual shitbirds, the worst 20% for whom it's about the power of the badge.

Comment

Working...
                                X