This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defend the Blue! Right?

They're just gojua continue to sandbag the investigation and hope this goes away.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ource=facebook

Cops watch man drown as he pleads for his life.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The cops shouldn't try to swim out there unless they're trained rescue swimmers. They called for backup and the dude drowned. They have absolutely zero duty to swim out there.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Maryland State Police troopers under investigation for this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/foxbalt...among-troopers
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            The cops shouldn't try to swim out there unless they're trained rescue swimmers. They called for backup and the dude drowned. They have absolutely zero duty to swim out there.
            I disagree. They and their sups should all be fired for being incompetent.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I disagree. They and their sups should all be fired for being incompetent.
              For what? That they're not trained rescue swimmers? This isn't the same thing as charging into a school with a gunman. This is a ****ing dumbass who put himself in extreme danger and no one else. The cops would have a very real chance of being drowned along with him if they tried to save him. I don't know if you've ever tried to help someone struggling in the water, but let me tell you, it's actually part of training that you may have to basically incapacitate the person if they start to become a danger to you both. Because being dragged under is an extremely real and likely possibility as the person fighting for their life does anything they can to stay above water.

Nah man. They aren't lifeguards. If someone climbs the side of a building, they have no obligation to scale the building and get the guy down.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                What’s a little brain matter in the hair. Easily missed

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...ygHY&fs=e&s=cl

the incompetence here is beyond embarrassing
                My buddy used to live in the exact same building the murderess did until she was arrested.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

For what? That they're not trained rescue swimmers? This isn't the same thing as charging into a school with a gunman. This is a ****ing dumbass who put himself in extreme danger and no one else. The cops would have a very real chance of being drowned along with him if they tried to save him. I don't know if you've ever tried to help someone struggling in the water, but let me tell you, it's actually part of training that you may have to basically incapacitate the person if they start to become a danger to you both. Because being dragged under is an extremely real and likely possibility as the person fighting for their life does anything they can to stay above water.

Nah man. They aren't lifeguards. If someone climbs the side of a building, they have no obligation to scale the building and get the guy down.
                  I'm with DX on this one and I have more unreasonable hatred for all things law enforcement than any 10 of the rest of you. Certain rescues need to be done by people with specific training, and a water rescue is one of them. You don't know what your doing, especially when going after someone who will quite possibly not want you near them and you will probably need rescuing yourself. As a former lineman (as well as a former emergency responder) I knew more about a poletop rescue of someone suffering a medical emergency and being incapacitated 50 or 250 feet off the ground and could them down a lot quicker (and do it safely) than a lot of firefighters.

Comment

• We give the police billions of dollars. They can take swim lessons.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      We give the police billions of dollars. They can take swim lessons.
                      Lmao. No.
                      Code:

Comment

They. Are. Paid. To. Protect. People. (even and especially dumbasses) That includes protecting people from themselves.

I am sympathetic that it "might have put the cops in danger" to help, but that is their ****ing job.

And watch the video, they aren't even pretending to be concerned they are sitting around like it is between periods of a Mite Game. They didn't really even attempt to stop him and they had plenty of time to do so. I put up more of an effort stopping my cat from killing bunnies outside. He doesn't even go into the water until 20 seconds and even sits on the concrete like 10 feet in front of the cop who just asks what he is doing and says he can't swim in the lake.

Your argument would be valid if they arrived on the scene and he was already in the water...they literally watched him run down and get prepared before going in. They obviously didn't think it was that big of a deal.

edit: we are likely not to agree so probably best to drop it.
                        Last edited by Handyman; 06-08-2022, 07:07 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

They. Are. Paid. To. Protect. People. (even and especially dumbasses) That includes protecting people from themselves.

I am sympathetic that it "might have put the cops in danger" to help, but that is their ****ing job.

And watch the video, they aren't even pretending to be concerned they are sitting around like it is between periods of a Mite Game. They didn't really even attempt to stop him and they had plenty of time to do so. I put up more of an effort stopping my cat from killing bunnies outside. He doesn't even go into the water until 20 seconds and even sits on the concrete like 10 feet in front of the cop who just asks what he is doing and says he can't swim in the lake.

Your argument would be valid if they arrived on the scene and he was already in the water...they literally watched him run down and get prepared before going in. They obviously didn't think it was that big of a deal.

edit: we are likely not to agree so probably best to drop it.
                          I didnt watch the video, but from the description of the lackadaisical cops, they may be negligent in the lack of pre-jump rescue.

But post-jump, if they are not water trained nor are lifeguards, the courts have agreed that they would most likely become drowning victims themselves.

(Your lack of concern after hearing that is noted.)

Their lack of concern pre- and post- jump (again, I havent seen the video, I'm mentally burnt out watching cops snuff the life from people in video clips on Twitter) is concerning and the cops shouldn't be badge holders anymore.

Short answer: I gotta agree with DX and WANDH, despite the lack of effort on the cops part.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• And I'll echo that. I didn't watch the video for the same reasons. Cops suck. I'm very burnt out as well.

I am NOT saying they didn't massively **** up before the guy jumped in the water. But once he was in the water, I don't think they have an obligation to put their lives in extreme risk. Again, this isn't a good guy vs a bad guy with a gun situation. It's more like disarming a bomb.

So handy is likely right about their actions before he entered and maybe even after. If they took their time to call for backup from the FD (which usually has someone trained in rescue swimming, but not always), then yeah, that's very problematic.
                            Code:

Comment

• LivePD is back! https://tvline.com/2022/06/08/live-p...pisodes-reelz/

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I have to admit that LivePD was a guilty pleasure of mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X