Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another lawyer today said letting them go home for Xmas would lay grounds for a mistrial, I dunno.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Extra entitlement points for MSNBC's initial crowd reaction, which was to interview a white 20-something who talked about how her parents had been keeping up with the case and how this would be good for the black community.

I wish I was kidding.
      Sounds like Chucky Todd...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Was the defense's argument truly that "she intended to grab her taser"? What freshman law student allowed that to happen?

The prosecution argued negligence and the defense flat out admitted the incident did not warrant deadly force. That anyone things a guilty verdict is a surpise...

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Was the defense's argument truly that "she intended to grab her taser"? What freshman law student allowed that to happen?

The prosecution argued negligence and the defense flat out admitted the incident did not warrant deadly force. That anyone things a guilty verdict is a surpise...
          Our court system has been fairly light on applying common sense/logic as of late, soooo....
          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Was the defense's argument truly that "she intended to grab her taser"? What freshman law student allowed that to happen?

That has been her story since Day 1. Not much her lawyers can do about that.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• They half-heartedly tried to squeeze in the "feared for their life" defense as well, but it was flimsy and the prosecution shot it down.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• You know what doesn't make you fear for your life? When you don't pull someone over for having something hanging in their mirror. What a stupid decision and one that would have destroyed her arguments since she likely never pulls over White Kids with the same offense.

I believe she feels bad, and I believe she made a mistake but the mistake was not the tazer. It was the traffic stop in total.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  she likely never pulls over White Kids with the same offense.

[The mistake] was the traffic stop in total.
                  And that's really it, isn't it? Never would have pulled a white kid over. Never would have tazed a white kid. None of this would have happened if he was white.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I had an apartment parking pass hanging from my mirror for years. I was never stopped for it. I wonder why...

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I had an apartment parking pass hanging from my mirror for years. I was never stopped for it. I wonder why...
                      Your lily white driving record gave them no Caucasian for concern.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Sounds about White...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• One thing I haven't seen mentioned:

Is there any truth to the rumor that the jury actually wanted to say "Innocent", but got confused under pressure and accidentally wrote "guilty" instead?
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Uh no...cause they would have mentioned it. That is like how pale say Marissa Tomei won her Oscar cause the presenters screwed up and read the wrong name. (Which was a rumor back then)
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              One thing I haven't seen mentioned:

Is there any truth to the rumor that the jury actually wanted to say "Innocent", but got confused under pressure and accidentally wrote "guilty" instead?
                              I would imagine the jury was polled after the verdict was read. Basically, the judge asks whether either party wants the jury polled to confirm the verdict. Usually, the losing side will say yes. The judge will then ask the jurors whether the verdict that was read accurately represents their verdict. Each juror confirms. Or, if a juror was confused, the parties (or the judge) would ask some questions as to their confusion. If it turns out that the juror (or multiple jurors) inadvertently made the wrong verdict, it would get fleshed out at that time.

So, my guess is there is no truth to the rumor.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Edit: lmao. I'll let you two reread his post again.
                                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-25-2021, 09:45 PM.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X