Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add porcupines to the list….

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-porcupines-to

…of things more important to protect than black people.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Cops shouldn't be able to lie period
      So when a cop goes undercover for a sting operation, that would be illegal when applying that standard.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        So when a cop goes undercover for a sting operation, that would be illegal when applying that standard.
        Point taken. Let me clarify.

when you are detained, cops shouldn't be able to lie.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Point taken. Let me clarify.

when you are detained, cops shouldn't be able to lie.
          I think this is true. But the best thing to do whenever you are confronted with communicating with a cop, is don't communicate with a cop. Never, ever say a word to them under any circumstances you can imagine. Don't believe me? Believe this guy.

Comment

• https://***********/RonFilipkowski/s...19459616038915

Woman was shot at point blank range this afternoon with a rubber bullet by police for no apparent reason. She was a counter-protestor at the anti-trans rally at WiSpa in LA.
            LAPD doing what they always do...the opposite of protecting and serving.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• That's assault
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That's assault
                Battery too since a rubber bullet at that range likely caused some fairly serious injury.

To remind people also, the bullets are meant to be fired low, at legs or feet, and ideally at the ground where the ricocheting bullets hit with an intended amount of force. That cop was acting with a complete disregard for safety and protocol at best. At worst he was behaving in a criminal matter and using force that could cause great bodily harm or death. If you or I were doing that, and that same cop pulled out a lethal firearm like the Berreta 9mm semi auto pistol he appears to be carrying and shot you or me dead, there's a high probability he would have committed no crime. Maybe someone needed to use that same force on that cop. What a world we are living in when deadly force against the police is becoming more and more our last option if we want to protect ourselves when we are doing nothing illegal.

*ETA* Looking at that video again, it appears that the weapon the office used was firing a "bean-bag" projectile. Those can be designed to be fired at a person directly, and supposedly police are taught to fire at the torso with that particular "less-than-lethal" round. I stand by everything else I posted though, as there was no need whatsoever to fire any weapon at that person, and like any of the "less-than-lethal" weapons police sometimes deploy, they can cause great harm or even death and without a threat to him or other innocent people he had no reason or right to discharge any round in that direction.
                Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 07-18-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• I don't give a **** if it was a blank. There was no need to fire that shotgun. Period. That was nothing g more than malicious intent to injure. She posed literally zero threat.

that cop and the chief should be sent packing today.
                  Code:

Comment

I don't give a **** if it was a blank. There was no need to fire that shotgun. Period. That was nothing g more than malicious intent to injure. She posed literally zero threat.

that cop and the chief should be sent packing today.
                    You're preaching to the choir. He should not just be fired, he should be tried and convicted of the crimes he committed. In my opinion he's lucky to be alive, as had someone pulled out their own LETHAL weapon and shot him dead, I would not have given the first ****.

Comment

• Its the LAPD he will probably get a promotion. If the person had been Black they would be the next chief. LAPD is one of the worst, most racist PDs out there.

BTW they were protecting the Proud Boys protesting some spa over something trans related. They attacked the counter protesters. There are people posting videos of being attacked and harassed by the PBs with no cops stepping in until it gets WAY out of control. Apparently they even harassed a kid in the park who wasn't even part of the protest. (if you believe reports from people there)
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Is the chief an elected position? No? Fire him. Keep on going until you find someone who will get things under control.
                        Code:

Comment

• Not a chance that happens even if it is possible. (I believe he appoints and a committee approves so would assume firing is the same) The Mayor would likely be killing his own career.

Gates was Chief for 14 years and the guy was friggin scum.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Not a chance that happens even if it is possible. (I believe he appoints and a committee approves so would assume firing is the same) The Mayor would likely be killing his own career.

Gates was Chief for 14 years and the guy was friggin scum.
                            Oh I'm under no delusion it will happen. I'm just venting.
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Its the LAPD he will probably get a promotion. If the person had been Black they would be the next chief. LAPD is one of the worst, most racist PDs out there.
                              Interestingly, the LAPD is one department that gets high marks for being staffed with a diverse mix of people that more or less mirrors the population of the city itself. Citizens are being policed by people that at the very least look like them. That doesn't speak to issues of gender of course, they have a long way to go there. But so does every police department in the country.

I see statistics like this though as a further indictment of police behavior. It isn't about hiring diversity and making sure the police look like the citizens they allegedly serve and protect, because if it was, a department like the LAPD wouldn't be rife with incidents like we all know and see. And it isn't about training either, because if it was, a statistically comparable number of unarmed white men would be shot by officers of color. The blue wall of silence has been around for far longer than the current round of social protests. Until we change the entire culture of policing, the expectations we have of law enforcement as a society, and eliminate the white supremacists among their ranks (which is a far greater problem than anyone seems willing to admit) nothing will change.

Comment

• Grand Rapids MI PD is teaming up with various local clergy to train them in use of force, calling it Clergy On Patrol.

I think I just lost my breakfast and last night's dinner.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X