X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post

Looks like you haven’t had the opportunity to stop by the singles thread yet and read his crucial insight on females and dating.
    Like I said there, not even worth lowering myself to a response. A true piece of ****

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
    And just like that, we have an early front-runner for the worst take of 2023.
    Looks like you haven’t had the opportunity to stop by the singles thread yet and read his crucial insight on females and dating.

Leave a comment:

• LynahFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Apparently white kids from Maine is the one group not allowed to commit crime in NY https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/boston/n...new-years-eve/
    And just like that, we have an early front-runner for the worst take of 2023.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Apparently white kids from Maine is the one group not allowed to commit crime in NY https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/boston/n...new-years-eve/

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/...s-17618894.php

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Was he driving a Tesla cause that might help Drew's case ;^)
    I made the same joke in my head lol. He’ll be exonerated if his POS Tesla went haywire

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Was he driving a Tesla cause that might help Drew's case ;^)

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    [QUOTE=Swansong;n3770494]Ask yourself why you're so invested in this, but not in the zillions of other cases where police arrested someone on strange probable cause.[/QUOTE

i can’t quite put my finger on it

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    I'm going to lean into this a little bit here.

I'd like to know what they plan to charge him with. I'd like to know why he was arrested hours after the incident and not on the scene. The case is strange and we should all be asking questions.

But Drew seems to take keen interest in this case, but not a myriad other cases.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    Ask yourself why you're so invested in this, but not in the zillions of other cases where police arrested someone on strange probable cause.
    Poor innocent guy, just driving along, then whammo, right into the Apple store.

No idea how or why it happened, it just happened. Freak of nature. **** like that happens all the time.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Ask yourself why you're so invested in this, but not in the zillions of other cases where police arrested someone on strange probable cause.

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Completely innocent. Someone died because of something he did. Innocent.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

That might take weeks.

This person was arrested hours after the incident, so presumably there was discussion about it and it wasn't just a rash move by an on-the-scene officer.

Lots of innocent people are arrested, why concern over this particular one?
    It just doesn’t seem like they have their ducks in a row at all. Maybe the have additional info or something but from everything I’ve read the driver cooperated 100% and wasn’t drinking or on his phone.

I guess for me there is a big difference between someone actively trying to cause harm to someone else and an apparent accident. In the updated story they said the guy is going to have to pay to defend himself which sucks if he’s completely innocent(I know he’s not the only one so get that.)

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

I am the last person on this forum who would routinely defend the police, but in this case they did not really overstep their bounds unless they either brutalized the guy while he was cuffed or held him needlessly once his actions were more completely understood. If I shoot an armed intruder in my home and then dialed 911 I would expect the police to put me in cuffs while they secured my gun and the scene and made sure my story checked out, at least somewhat. And I am a middle aged, middle class, straight white guy. Having said that I am going simply by what your post noted. I have no idea what happened beyond that.
    What I read was that they held him for over an hour. That seems like massive overkill to me for someone who did something so heroic.

Leave a comment:

• WeAreNDHockey
    replied
    Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Guy who stepped in to beat the crap out of the Colorado Q club killer was arrested and held by police once they arrived on the scene. Because he was covered in blood.

Cuffed and held in a cruiser for some time, while he kept begging them to let him go so he could check on his family.

Back The Blue!!!!
    I am the last person on this forum who would routinely defend the police, but in this case they did not really overstep their bounds unless they either brutalized the guy while he was cuffed or held him needlessly once his actions were more completely understood. If I shoot an armed intruder in my home and then dialed 911 I would expect the police to put me in cuffs while they secured my gun and the scene and made sure my story checked out, at least somewhat. And I am a middle aged, middle class, straight white guy. Having said that I am going simply by what your post noted. I have no idea what happened beyond that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X