Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This didn't come from The Onion? https://twitter.com/trifectablog/sta...96131226152962

Hitting The Trifecta @trifectablog ? 13h Replying to @atrupar
    “It puts a damper on our annual celebration. The judge should have known the significance of this day to marginalized Anglo-Saxons.”

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1384878841408081928?s=20

CNN @CNN ? 1h
    Attorney General Merrick Garland: “Today, I am announcing that the Justice Department has opened a civil investigation to determine whether the Minneapolis Police Department engages in a pattern or practice of unconstitutional or unlawful policing.” https://cnn.it/3n9qGic
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 04-21-2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Justice Dept to look into Minneapolis police.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ag...is/ar-BB1fTlAY
      A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

One was crushed to death...others were beaten pretty badly. But yeah Mr. Pedantic technically you are correct.
        No. There was not a cop crushed to death either on January 6.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I see the alt-Reich is demanding justice for Trashli Babbitt now and trying to draw a false equivalence between her case and the Floyd case.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

No. There was not a cop crushed to death either on January 6.
            Ok, cops were assaulted, they were sprayed with pepper sprays of various types- and it takes less than that for a black person to be shot. Unless you honestly think a black man could have beaten a cop with a hockey stick and cops around him would not fight back....

If you are trying to pretend that the reaction on Jan 6 for all of those white people would have been exactly the same had they been black- you are part of the problem- so at least go along with that premise. All you need to do to SEE that is how protests were dealt with during the summer compared to that.

Correcting to pretending that the stroke that the cop had was going to happen anyway is rather insane. And just adds to the imbalance that is pretty clear to the rest of us how white people are treated by the cops than anyone with any kind of skin tone.

So just stop.
            Last edited by MichVandal; 04-21-2021, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Probably. That doesn't mean what they did wasn't the right decision though.

There are degrees to this thing, and right now we need to focus on the people being assaulted/killed unjustifiably. We have to worry about the big stuff before we go deeper into the nuanced issues.
              I disagree. This isn't nuanced, this is a big question if even the basic action would have been different. I am to the point that I ask that even in what seems to be an justified use of a gun.

Just a few weeks ago, a black man was forced from his truck because the cops must have thought he didn't deserve to own one. And a cop decided that using a real weapon was justified in dealing with a black man trying to get away- when the exact same situation with a ARMED white guy, nothing happened- they let him run and caught up with him later. Armed with a gun in the cab within reach- they let him go. But a fleeing black person was targeted with what was supposed to be a taser. That alone is massively different.

So would the cop have done anything different, even to the point of risking the people around by shooting, if they were white?

Right or wrong isn't the question.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                What are the Raiders doing? Sweet merciful crap. Not only has it been up for hours, it's pinned.

https://twitter.com/raiders/status/1...672939521?s=21
                Best response:

Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I see the alt-Reich is demanding justice for Trashli Babbitt now and trying to draw a false equivalence between her case and the Floyd case.
                  That as-sclown who was trying to overthrow the USG?

Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    This guy is a straight-up Nazi and he has the most popular show on rightwing teevee.

Tells you all you need to know about the conservative mind.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I see the alt-Reich is demanding justice for Trashli Babbitt now and trying to draw a false equivalence between her case and the Floyd case.
                      That use of force was so justified that is one video of a cop shooting someone that I WILL watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I have not seen the video that closely- but it's interesting that the cop can't shoot in the leg, but can when a second person is that close. If they can't hit a leg at short range, what's to say they won't hit the other person? Risky shot.

And I STILL understand that it's most likely to be justifiable- I really understand that. But I STILL question if they would have reacted differently had the girl been white. Would they have taken a chance hitting a bystander?
                        Watch the video again. If it was my daughter on the other end of the knife, I'd have asked why it took so long to shoot. Regardless of who was attacking her.

I know that's a shameless appeal to emotion. But I'll stand by it.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Ok, cops were assaulted, they were sprayed with pepper sprays of various types- and it takes less than that for a black person to be shot. Unless you honestly think a black man could have beaten a cop with a hockey stick and cops around him would not fight back....

If you are trying to pretend that the reaction on Jan 6 for all of those white people would have been exactly the same had they been black- you are part of the problem- so at least go along with that premise. All you need to do to SEE that is how protests were dealt with during the summer compared to that.

Correcting to pretending that the stroke that the cop had was going to happen anyway is rather insane. And just adds to the imbalance that is pretty clear to the rest of us how white people are treated by the cops than anyone with any kind of skin tone.

So just stop.
                          I wasn't trying to pretend anything. Just pointing out that you guys are incorrect. No cop got shot. No cop got beaten to death. I realize that real facts don't matter to the circle jerk club, but I tend to think they're important.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• s
                            Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

So just stop.
                            But see, its society and the media who are responsible for all this dis-unity and hatred in the country.

Not dumbass apologists like Hovey who will come up with any and all excuses to justify the killing of unarmed black people, because, you know, that's just the way things go. The sensible, common sense wisdom of the midwestern dooshbag.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I wasn't trying to pretend anything. Just pointing out that you guys are incorrect. No cop got shot. No cop got beaten to death. I realize that real facts don't matter to the circle jerk club, but I tend to think they're important.
                              No, you're nitpicking and quibbling, just so you can appear above the fray of partisan politics, and all superior-like.

You should get together with Sic and buy him a beer, and talk about how great the two of you are.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                And you can shoot for her torso and still hit an area that won't result in death.
                                Maybe in Hollywood, but not in real life. I would dare say an Olympic gold medalist couldn't do that with any certainty, let alone your average cop.

Comment

Working...
                                X