• 8:46 - Dave Chappelle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tR6...ature=youtu.be
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• What Happens When You Try to File a Complaint Against a Police Officer

It's just a few bad apples, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        It's just a few bad apples, right?
        Speaking of, I saw this 2014 study circulating recently: https://sites.psu.edu/siowfa14/2014/...ening%20fruit.

One rotten apple can turn a whole bushel bad much faster than if they all rotted at the same time.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Interesting story in the WSJ this morning saying that at this point authorities have no idea who set most of the fires in the twin cities and now the ATF has two groups of agents investigating. Anyone out there have any theories?
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• I hate when I'm cynical in cases like this, but when Derek Chauvin was arrested AND his wife filed for divorce, something seemed a little off; like, it wasn't being done because she realized what an a**hole he is.

And sure enough, here's the reason. She can now (likely) sit pretty with a portion of his pension...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/us/chauvin-minneapolis-police-pension-invs/index.html

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              I hate when I'm cynical in cases like this, but when Derek Chauvin was arrested AND his wife filed for divorce, something seemed a little off; like, it wasn't being done because she realized what an a**hole he is.

And sure enough, here's the reason. She can now (likely) sit pretty with a portion of his pension...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/12/us/chauvin-minneapolis-police-pension-invs/index.html
              She could divorce him ten years from now and still have that same right to a portion of his pension. She doesn't need to do it now.

Edit. Another fun fact (and another reason I'm pretty sure the pension is not the reason for the divorce). PERA benefits in Minnesota are "exempt" assets, I believe, which means that a creditor (like Floyd's family) can't go out and take them.
              Last edited by SJHovey; 06-12-2020, 08:49 AM.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I assume the primary reason for the divorce now is to divide the assets and debts before Chauvin incurs massive debts as a result of this incident in the form of legal bills and a possible judgment obtained by Floyd's family.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Confessions of a Former Bastard Cop

In fact, let me tell you about an extremely formative experience: in my police academy class, we had a clique of around six trainees who routinely bullied and harassed other students: intentionally scuffing another trainee’s shoes to get them in trouble during inspection, sexually harassing female trainees, cracking racist jokes, and so on. Every quarter, we were to write anonymous evaluations of our squadmates. I wrote scathing accounts of their behavior, thinking I was helping keep bad apples out of law enforcement and believing I would be protected. Instead, the academy staff read my complaints to them out loud and outed me to them and never punished them, causing me to get harassed for the rest of my academy class. That’s how I learned that even police leadership hates rats. That’s why no one is “changing things from the inside.” They can’t, the structure won’t allow it.
                  For all the idiots who believe it is just a few bad apples, the blood is on your hands. Changing law enforcement in this country is going to be a huge undertaking, something that might take as much effort as building the interstate system. I hope it doesn't take that long. Enough unarmed people of color have already died.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I assume the primary reason for the divorce now is to divide the assets and debts before Chauvin incurs massive debts as a result of this incident in the form of legal bills and a possible judgment obtained by Floyd's family.
                    I don't believe this saves him/her even in MN.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      I hate when I'm cynical in cases like this, but when Derek Chauvin was arrested AND his wife filed for divorce, something seemed a little off; like, it wasn't being done because she realized what an a**hole he is.

If he’s fully vested in his pension, this is akin to your or my 401k/403b. I don’t really see how I can get chuffed over this.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        I assume the primary reason for the divorce now is to divide the assets and debts before Chauvin incurs massive debts as a result of this incident in the form of legal bills and a possible judgment obtained by Floyd's family.
                        Yeah that would make the most sense.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• It's a start I guess.

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh declares racism a public health crisis, diverts police overtime money to community programs

https://www.masslive.com/news/2020/0...-programs.html

A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah that would make the most sense.
                            Extra cynical: what if she still loves him and is just doing this to shield half of their assets?
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Well I doubt it...I would put the odds high that he beats her.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                It's a start I guess.

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh declares racism a public health crisis, diverts police overtime money to community programs

https://www.masslive.com/news/2020/0...-programs.html

Indianapolis also did this a few days ago. Now we will need to stay vigilant to keep the right from declaring this illegal. Remember for years, working with the NRA and other ammosexuals the right prevented federal entities like the CDC from investigating and studying firearm violence as a public health crisis. Let's not let that happen here.

Comment

Working...
                                X