Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Alonso hit by a car while cycling in Switzerland. Some reports say he has a broken jaw. He was moved to a hospital which specializes in his injuries (whatever that implies). They do say he's conscious.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Lewis Hamilton finally signs ... but for just one year. With no options.

Tons of speculation what that all means. In the meantime, he'll just worry about getting his record eighth title.
    Given how different the speculation generally is, I doubt pretty much all of it.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Lewis Hamilton finally signs ... but for just one year. With no options.

Tons of speculation what that all means. In the meantime, he'll just worry about getting his record eighth title.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
    The Race is reporting that Romain Grosjean signed a deal with Dale Coyne, just road and street circuits.
    https://the-race.com/indycar/grosjea...th-dale-coyne/

I wonder if he will try an oval, just to see.
    Maybe a short oval he said.

There was also another article where it said he had a full year agreement before his Bahrain crash. Then, that changed things. He's not doing a superspeedway ... at least not the first year.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    The Race is reporting that Romain Grosjean signed a deal with Dale Coyne, just road and street circuits.
    https://the-race.com/indycar/grosjea...th-dale-coyne/

I wonder if he will try an oval, just to see.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

I remember after his first win that people thought he would get F1 interest... good days.
    His grandfather was "convinced" he was world championship material...

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Marco Andretti pulling back to run INDY only this year, with possibilities of a few more races. Sponsorship issues or is Michael pushing to get a consistent winner there?
    You will never have a sponsorship issue with the name "Andretti."

I'm going with the non-cynical route -- Marco really wants to start backing off his racing commitments. He has a lot of outside business interests, so he may be deciding it's time to start transitioning to that life full time. His father did the same.

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Marco Andretti pulling back to run INDY only this year, with possibilities of a few more races. Sponsorship issues or is Michael pushing to get a consistent winner there?
    I remember after his first win that people thought he would get F1 interest... good days.

Leave a comment:

• solovsfett
    replied

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Perez will be the number 2 at Red Bull next year. Albon will be the reserve driver. Announced today.

Leave a comment:

• jjuliajul11
    replied
    Williams confirms both Russell and Latifi will stay for 2021

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    Frank Williams admitted to Hospital today. Stable condition is all they will say.

Leave a comment:

• manurespreader
    replied
    If you go to a dirt race, make sure you take your ear plugs.

Also, rumor from Amsterdam is that Checo will get the red bull ride.

Leave a comment:

• Russell Jaslow
    replied
    Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Super Modifides 101

Was anything important missed in the evolution of these monsters?

Being a Midwest guy, I've always known of their existence and that they've always kinda been a "Run What Ya Brung" type of class. Also know that they were heavily tied to Indycars in the 70s. But holy crap. I never really realized how radical the designs actually were. I assume that these are probably the kings of the Weight to HP ratio here in North America still since Outlaw sprints haven't really added much HP since their weight jumped to 1200 LB back in the early 2000s.
    The biggest thing they missed is when they banned rear engines. I believe it was Tom Sneva who was destroying the competition with one, and the other car owners begged to have it banned for fear of cost escalation. However, this cut them out of any path to Indy, except for a brief moment early in the IRL era.

Every season, I try to get up to Oswego Speedway once or twice to watch them.

Here's a college hockey tie in. The Oswego coach is Ed Gosek. His brother, Joe, has won track championships there, and ran Indy once. Still races occasionally. Sometimes, Ed is on his crew.
    Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 12-12-2020, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Super Modifides 101

Was anything important missed in the evolution of these monsters?

Being a Midwest guy, I've always known of their existence and that they've always kinda been a "Run What Ya Brung" type of class. Also know that they were heavily tied to Indycars in the 70s. But holy crap. I never really realized how radical the designs actually were. I assume that these are probably the kings of the Weight to HP ratio here in North America still since Outlaw sprints haven't really added much HP since their weight jumped to 1200 LB back in the early 2000s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X