Open Wheel Racing 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Wheel Racing 2020

Now that there is real open wheel racing, have to start a new thread.

Oh, you didn't know that Indycar is at TMS tonight? Yea, neither did I until I ran into their qualifying.

Indycars look quite different with the new windshields. Not bad- reminds me of some of the early 80's cars.

On a side note, the crowd looks pretty typical for indycar in deep nascar territory. (it's a joke)

Re: Open Wheel Racing 2020

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Now that there is real open wheel racing, have to start a new thread.

Oh, you didn't know that Indycar is at TMS tonight? Yea, neither did I until I ran into their qualifying.

Indycars look quite different with the new windshields. Not bad- reminds me of some of the early 80's cars.

On a side note, the crowd looks pretty typical for indycar in deep nascar territory. (it's a joke)
    Indy car ... practicing social distancing since the IRL.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

To raise a contrarian point: NBC had been promoting the heck out the race on their networks over the last few weeks.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        To raise a contrarian point: NBC had been promoting the heck out the race on their networks over the last few weeks.
        To their "credit"- I didn't even notice. Thankfully, I ran into it yesterday. And funny enough- I even questioned if it was real or not when I first started watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          Texas got NBC's highest non-Indy 500 rating. No surprise. Network coverage on prime time with still not many sports options. Good for them.
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpZzAV3Jyro
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

F1 is back underway. Qualifying for Austria pt 1 is over, and the Mercedes keep showing that they are the best team out there- with stable rules, they still can find ways to improve more than other teams. Amazing. On a related note, the stewards did have to deal with a DAS protest, and it was deemed to be legal.

Ferrari is really struggling. Like in a shocking way.

Williams has made progress, but Lattifi maybe does not deserve to be there? Dunno.

And there's the racing double header at Indy this weekend- with Indycar doing the road course and NASCAR doing the oval. I kind of wonder how much the different tires will screw each other up for the oval turn 1.

Comment

F1 is back underway. Qualifying for Austria pt 1 is over, and the Mercedes keep showing that they are the best team out there- with stable rules, they still can find ways to improve more than other teams. Amazing. On a related note, the stewards did have to deal with a DAS protest, and it was deemed to be legal.

Ferrari is really struggling. Like in a shocking way.

Williams has made progress, but Lattifi maybe does not deserve to be there? Dunno.

And there's the racing double header at Indy this weekend- with Indycar doing the road course and NASCAR doing the oval. I kind of wonder how much the different tires will screw each other up for the oval turn 1.
                For the most part the tires have played well with each other when the Trucks have shared the track with Indycar. That was at Texas however and I feel that Indy's length and flatness may change that...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

does anyone remember when people were talking big about Marco Andretti going to F1? Man, has he not payed out at ALL in Indycar. Why is he even racing anymore? 2 wins in all the time he's been racing in Indycar.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

For the most part the tires have played well with each other when the Trucks have shared the track with Indycar. That was at Texas however and I feel that Indy's length and flatness may change that...
                    The Indy GP course doesn’t use Turn 1 anymore, just the short chute between 1 and 2.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Marco Andretti is a huge disappointment. He needs to retire. Give that seat to someone who can win.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Other than the fop 3, that was a great Styrian Grand Prix. The top 3 was really what I expected to happen last week- alas, too many SC messed that up.

Thankfully, the midfield battle between RP, Renault, and McLaren is really fun to watch.

And all of the Ferrari powered cars suck.

Comment

Thankfully, the midfield battle between RP, Renault, and McLaren is really fun to watch.
                          Absolutely. And interesting to see if any can get a non-lucky podium on certain tracks which suit them, especially Racing Point.

And I'm becoming a huge fan of Last Lap Lando.

And all of the Ferrari powered cars suck.
                          You're being kind...
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Rumor is that Stroll is out of a seat and Vettel will be in at Racing Point/Aston Martin. I think Latifi will be ok, but he needs some more seat time.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              Rumor is that Stroll is out of a seat and Vettel will be in at Racing Point/Aston Martin. I think Latifi will be ok, but he needs some more seat time.
                              You do know that Stroll's father owns the team...? :-)

Perez is already talking to other teams while at the same time saying he has a long term contract with Racing Point.

We'll see if father Stroll is pressured by the other investors of Aston Martin to make sure the F1 team is as strong as it can be or pressured by mother Stroll to keep her son on the team. LOL
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                              X