No announcement yet.

Open Wheel Racing 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hamilton has Covid-19. He is out this weekend. No replacement named yet.

Nikita Mazepin officially announced by Haas as their 2021 driver. No second driver announced yet, but we all know it's going to be Mick Schumacher.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I understand they have asked for Russell. I agree on the walls but couldn't they at least have installed Safer barriers instead of Armco? and also, it looked to me like the car caught fire due to the initial impact that sent it across the track, and then it got a lot bigger once it hit. I give him a lot of credit for making it out.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue

For Hamilton, his replacement will be either Hulkenburg, Russel, or Vandoorn, and I would think it will be one of the former 2.

And I bet the Mazepin announcement came now so that he can take Grosjean's seat for the rest of the season.

edit- forgot that Haas will have Fitipaldi take the seat this weekend.
        Not to mention Mazepin is busy with the F2 finale event this weekend.

Getting Russell of course will require some contract negotiations with Williams. I hope it happens. I really want to see Russell in that car.

Vandoorne of course is the safe pick. He's already flying out to Bahrain even before this happened for his official Mercedes duties as the official test driver.
        Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 12-01-2020, 12:05 PM.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          I understand they have asked for Russell. I agree on the walls but couldn't they at least have installed Safer barriers instead of Armco? and also, it looked to me like the car caught fire due to the initial impact that sent it across the track, and then it got a lot bigger once it hit. I give him a lot of credit for making it out.
          There was absolutely no fire when he hit Kvyat. Those were sparks. And that "light" hit between wheels would never cause fuel to leak and ignite. If it were that easy for cars to ignite, we would have fires every race.

The fire was solely due to the impact against the armco splitting the car in two which released fuel.
          Russell Jaslow

Comment

{What the heck does the Attorney General have to do with F1?}

Not that I'm biased or anything -- LOL -- but...

LET'S GO RUSSELL! LET'S GO RUSSELL!
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

I could have sworn I copied and pasted this https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...7RZzdzmxs.html
              I figured you just made a silly mistake. I was just busting on you. :-)
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Just when you thought Monza was an emotional rollercoaster, along comes Sakhir.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  Just when you thought Monza was an emotional rollercoaster, along comes Sakhir.
                  That race was a blast to watch, except for the heartbreak for Russell. Gutted. He should have been able to drive away from the field. But then the potential finish that we were robbed of by the puncture. I can only imagine how that could have played out.

The passing, though- holy cow. Loved seeing all of the passing pre-DRS!!!

Highlights to me where the passes made between turns 4-8- Perez stuck a spectacular one on Stroll there, and then took care of Ocon pretty quickly. And Russell's pass on Bottas was awesome, too.

Sucks for Max, though- played the start super safe, only to be taken out by an overly aggressive LeClerc. Which lead to the very dramatic 18th to win for Perez.

Comment

Super Modifides 101

Was anything important missed in the evolution of these monsters?

Being a Midwest guy, I've always known of their existence and that they've always kinda been a "Run What Ya Brung" type of class. Also know that they were heavily tied to Indycars in the 70s. But holy crap. I never really realized how radical the designs actually were. I assume that these are probably the kings of the Weight to HP ratio here in North America still since Outlaw sprints haven't really added much HP since their weight jumped to 1200 LB back in the early 2000s.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      Super Modifides 101

Was anything important missed in the evolution of these monsters?

Being a Midwest guy, I've always known of their existence and that they've always kinda been a "Run What Ya Brung" type of class. Also know that they were heavily tied to Indycars in the 70s. But holy crap. I never really realized how radical the designs actually were. I assume that these are probably the kings of the Weight to HP ratio here in North America still since Outlaw sprints haven't really added much HP since their weight jumped to 1200 LB back in the early 2000s.
                      The biggest thing they missed is when they banned rear engines. I believe it was Tom Sneva who was destroying the competition with one, and the other car owners begged to have it banned for fear of cost escalation. However, this cut them out of any path to Indy, except for a brief moment early in the IRL era.

Every season, I try to get up to Oswego Speedway once or twice to watch them.

Here's a college hockey tie in. The Oswego coach is Ed Gosek. His brother, Joe, has won track championships there, and ran Indy once. Still races occasionally. Sometimes, Ed is on his crew.
                      Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 12-12-2020, 03:48 PM.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

• If you go to a dirt race, make sure you take your ear plugs.

Also, rumor from Amsterdam is that Checo will get the red bull ride.

Comment

• Frank Williams admitted to Hospital today. Stable condition is all they will say.

Comment

• Williams confirms both Russell and Latifi will stay for 2021

Comment

• Perez will be the number 2 at Red Bull next year. Albon will be the reserve driver. Announced today.

Comment

• Marco Andretti pulling back to run INDY only this year, with possibilities of a few more races. Sponsorship issues or is Michael pushing to get a consistent winner there?
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X