• Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiFvSZ5xSog

shocking!
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Also when given the opportunity the new Williams team principal has repeatedly refused to confirm who will be driving for them next year. Could be that both are gone from them also.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        Also when given the opportunity the new Williams team principal has repeatedly refused to confirm who will be driving for them next year. Could be that both are gone from them also.
        Latifi brings way too much money to be gone.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Thinking about this last GP, Hamilton did a masterful job of driving that car. little by little he found more grip than anyone else could. Little by little he just pulled away, saved his tires, did all the right things on a difficult track and showed why he is so good. I don't think any of the other drivers are in his league. And speaking of other drivers, if Williams lets Russell go it's short sighted. The guy is quick, he's hard-working, he's not dirty, and he's a good representative for the team. Perez might have more money, but his behavior on track is questionable, he's steady but not any faster than Russell and he makes excuses. The sponsorship money is good but down the line the guy I'd want in my car is Russell.
          Also, the St. Pete GP was pretty interesting. Too many crashes for my taste but I thought O'Ward did great and i'm sure Schmidt is very happy with him. I thought Hinchcliffe almost redeemed himself into a ride somewhere for next year but messed it up at the end and overall I suspect that there will be a number of driver changes for next year. I thought the circuit was pretty narrow though and that contributes to all the crashes. I'm sure Power is kicking himself and so is Rossi.
          Here in the US SCCA is really trying to get a spec tire for Formula Continental but if they choose a radial, which is likely, half the potential entrants will drop out and race FRP or vintage. Knowing how SCCA operates, I'm not optimistic. I thought Formula X, the new catch all is a mess and was a parade at the runoffs. They need to ditch that. If they would be willing to work under some sort of larger umbrella organization it would help, but that will never happen.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC5BjKGl9vw

And while i'm at it. Red Bull.... they give Albon an ultimatum to go faster and then they use him as a test bed for tires to make sure they put the right ones on Verstappen's car. Subsequently, they complain Albon isn't fast enough?

Comment

Williams confirms both Russell and Latifi will stay for 2021.
              Russell Jaslow

Comment

If you have never seen it, Driver 61 has a ton of great content, especially in driving instruction. Much of which is over the head of most club racers to be honest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNepYY7KxaA

Comment

Agreed on all counts. I'd say that is an underappreciated art, managing the tires. I give Lewis a lot of credit. I hope he continues for another few years. Will Buxton said on Friday that he thought Perez was going to be out of F1 this coming year and so would Kyvat.

Comment

I remember a time in Formula Ford, in the past now, that you'd have a new set for qualifying and another new set for the race. Each set going slightly off after 20 minutes or so.I didn't do that for very long though. It was nuts! And It's why I went to vintage. Not that the car is any cheaper, but operating costs are a lot lower and I still camp out at the track since the largest cost is the hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                      I remember a time in Formula Ford, in the past now, that you'd have a new set for qualifying and another new set for the race. Each set going slightly off after 20 minutes or so.I didn't do that for very long though. It was nuts! And It's why I went to vintage. Not that the car is any cheaper, but operating costs are a lot lower and I still camp out at the track since the largest cost is the hotels.
                      Speaking of vintage racing, did you hear about Jim Pace, co-owner of HSR? He died this past weekend of Covid-19. He was only 59. (He also won overall the 24 Hours at Daytona and 12 Hours of Sebring races in his younger days, one of the few to do so in the same year.)

That was just one weekend after HSR ran their Classic 24Hour Daytona & Daytona Historics weekend. They said he contracted it "recently." Makes you wonder...
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

I knew he passed but I didn't know why. Lots of denial in the racing community. I'm hopeful for next year though.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue
                          Holy crap that was a horrible accident for Grosjean. Seeing the car break in half like that was terrifying. And then the scene of Romain climbing out of the car from behind the barrier (where he totally penetrated it) through the fire... OMG.
                          JFC how did he survive that, let alone with only burns on his hands?
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Video for those wondering.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Im gonna ask the obvious here: Why do we still have walls that are more than +30* from parallel to the track? Have we not seen the results of a perpendicular impact enough?
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue
                                Holy crap that was a horrible accident for Grosjean. Seeing the car break in half like that was terrifying. And then the scene of Romain climbing out of the car from behind the barrier (where he totally penetrated it) through the fire... OMG.
                                I really thought that was going to be unsurvivable.

On a lighter note. If we saw that scene in a racing movie, we would have thought it was so over the top, unrealistic, typical Hollywood schlock.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X