Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 11th Part: Suck It Up And Die Grandpa I Need A Manicure!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

This same person clearly does not believe the direct source data from states like Florida- even when it's a conservative government, and they said they will be suppressing data. Even that data clearly shows the assumptions that things are getting better are all wrong- from positive rates to hospitalizations to deaths- all of the direct data that they are supplying is wrong because it does not support the narrative they want to say.

The only think people like that believe is any twitter posts that claim it's a hoax, some random person saying that they heard about someone that was falsifying tests, and somehow making the stretch that masks are dangerous. Other than that completely non factual set of thinking, they will not believe anything.

And for that, I totally encourage them to gather up and set up choirs, have loud rallies in small places, congregate in bars really closely with as many people as possible, and to host Covid hoax parties. Please. The sooner the better. And since this is all a hoax, there's no need to go to the hospital when you get sick, especially as all that does is add to fake numbers.

Just stay away from me.
    I think there is a significant group of people who claim they believe it’s real but ‘not that bad.’
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I think there is a significant group of people who claim they believe it’s real but ‘not that bad.’
      Which is kinda sad, as there are many numbers of regulations that are in place to prevent fewer deaths. And virtually all of the COVID deaths were preventable. For sure, future deaths are preventable.

How in the world did we get to this point?

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Yes and they crossover big time with people who are concerned college football wont return...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yes and they crossover big time with people who are concerned college football wont return...
          What is sad is how we never, ever learn anything in this country (well, a significant portion don't learn). Had we taken the proper steps starting in early March when it was clear what the potential was for the coronavirus, not only would tens of thousands of people who died still be alive, we would likely be preparing for an autumn of school and sports that at least resembled something normal. Had we had a truly functional and fair healthcare system in this country (which includes universal access, the capacity to test and trace when faced with a pandemic and profits taking a backseat at least some of the time) AND a populace that was all prepared to make sacrifices for the common good, we would probably be in a position to open many schools, we would have a good idea where that would have been problematic and been preparing for a far more robust and effective distance learning protocol, and we would likely be able to enjoy a full slate of college and pro fall sports -- at least on TV if not in person.

Not all would have been perfect. Even in countries where all of the above exists the virus was kicking serious rear ends for a few weeks or a couple months. But 85% of the world has done better than us, and in some cases far better. Nowhere has done worse.

I swear to God, the next person that says to me America is the greatest country on Earth is gonna get punched right in the throat. We still have some appeal, but if this were a college football poll we would not even deserve to be in the "receiving votes" category.

Comment

Which is kinda sad, as there are many numbers of regulations that are in place to prevent fewer deaths. And virtually all of the COVID deaths were preventable. For sure, future deaths are preventable.

How in the world did we get to this point?
            All Covid deaths were preventable? What planet are you living on?

year over year LTCF experience around 25% of their population passing away. These are elderly folks and often times ill. That is why they are there to live out their remaining time with proper care and support. And again that is in “Normal Times.”

Around 50% of Deaths attributed to Covid have happened in LTCF.

If anything contributed to deaths in LTCF it was policy by officials. Not because Bob and Mike went to a bar.

out of touch takes like yours are what drive bad, inefficient and often times disastrous policy decisions.

Comment

• How does one block someone in this lovely new version, it's beyond my ability level and I can't take it anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

I swear to God, the next person that says to me America is the greatest country on Earth is gonna get punched right in the throat. We still have some appeal, but if this were a college football poll we would not even deserve to be in the "receiving votes" category.
                #TeamHysteria

Yet people from all over the world leave everything they have to come start a life here.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/drive-thru-citizenship/#x

Comment

• OK, so if 50% of the deaths came from LTCF when it's usually only 25%, that's double. In just 3-ish months. Are you saying that there should be no alarm raised for that?

And Bob and Mike going to a bar probably had something to do with the other 50% of all deaths. Not all, but enough that if Bob and Mike did what they were supposed and didn't go to a bar, stayed home as much as possible and wore a mask when they had to go out, I would venture a guess that total number of the non LTCF deaths would probably be significantly fewer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    OK, so if 50% of the deaths came from LTCF when it's usually only 25%, that's double. In just 3-ish months. Are you saying that there should be no alarm raised for that?

And Bob and Mike going to a bar probably had something to do with the other 50% of all deaths. Not all, but enough that if Bob and Mike did what they were supposed and didn't go to a bar, stayed home as much as possible and wore a mask when they had to go out, I would venture a guess that total number of the non LTCF deaths would probably be significantly fewer.
                    50% of our countries Covid deaths are from LTCF.

Not that there was a jump from 25% to 50% in LTCF. but to be certain I am sure that some of the ones hit hard definitely saw a big jump no doubt.

In MN it looks like the LTCF numbers are in a similar boat to previous years.

Most of the deaths had taken place in March and April. And about a quarter in New York and New Jersey. People going about their daily routines was not the cause of this.

Comment

• Pavlov is in full mode today. Look out everyone.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• You just contradicted yourself. Here is what you posted:

year over year LTCF experience around 25% of their population passing away. These are elderly folks and often times ill. That is why they are there to live out their remaining time with proper care and support. And again that is in “Normal Times.”

Around 50% of Deaths attributed to Covid have happened in LTCF.
                        Now you're saying "not that there was a jump from 25% to 50% in LTCF".

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Pavlov is in full mode today. Look out everyone.
                          Not sure why this guy named himself after a pathetic loser, but it sure does fit! ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            You just contradicted yourself. Here is what you posted:

Now you're saying "not that there was a jump from 25% to 50% in LTCF".
                            No.

on a normal year LTCF experience 25% roughly of their population passing away.

so hypothetically a facility has 1000 people in it. About 250 pass each year.

50% Approximately of our nations 140K Covid related deaths have been in LTCF.

That isn’t saying the LTCF have experienced a jump from 25% to 50%.

The original post goes back to a poster saying that almost all of the deaths have been preventable. And that just isn’t true at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post

What is sad is how we never, ever learn anything in this country (well, a significant portion don't learn). Had we taken the proper steps starting in early March when it was clear what the potential was for the coronavirus, not only would tens of thousands of people who died still be alive, we would likely be preparing for an autumn of school and sports that at least resembled something normal. Had we had a truly functional and fair healthcare system in this country (which includes universal access, the capacity to test and trace when faced with a pandemic and profits taking a backseat at least some of the time) AND a populace that was all prepared to make sacrifices for the common good, we would probably be in a position to open many schools, we would have a good idea where that would have been problematic and been preparing for a far more robust and effective distance learning protocol, and we would likely be able to enjoy a full slate of college and pro fall sports -- at least on TV if not in person.

Not all would have been perfect. Even in countries where all of the above exists the virus was kicking serious rear ends for a few weeks or a couple months. But 85% of the world has done better than us, and in some cases far better. Nowhere has done worse.

100% agree. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

And right now, we would be as open as we are now, but probably the sports would be slightly farther ahead, since the major decline would have happened in April and just peddling along. College sports would likely happen- maybe w/o fans, but it would be far more likely that it would happen, as students would be more likely in school.

That's the thing that is the very, very worst- a little harder shut down for a slightly longer time, and our economy and future would look quite bright. Instead, we have a single state that exceeded all of S. Korea's infections in one single day.

Comment

100% agree. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

And right now, we would be as open as we are now, but probably the sports would be slightly farther ahead, since the major decline would have happened in April and just peddling along. College sports would likely happen- maybe w/o fans, but it would be far more likely that it would happen, as students would be more likely in school.

That's the thing that is the very, very worst- a little harder shut down for a slightly longer time, and our economy and future would look quite bright. Instead, we have a single state that exceeded all of S. Korea's infections in one single day.
                                The virus doesn’t go away when you shut down.

If we would have shutdown hypothetically from March to day July what exactly do you think would happen when you open back up?

Comment

Working...
                                X