Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 11th Part: Suck It Up And Die Grandpa I Need A Manicure!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, Jesus Christ, now you're posting to yourself.

I thought you were gonna go out and enjoy some nice sunshine. Guess trolling on the internet wins out after all

How pathetic must ones life be to create multiple identities on an internet message board, just to chat with one another?

I guess when you have no other friends........
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Gee 'whalers', why then when referencing something that Jeb posted, about that Americans are either obese, or clinically obese, I ask "so whalers, which one are you?"

and Jeb replies, while quoting my post addressing you? Do most other people jump in responding to a post directed towards another?

I mean, c'mon whalers, err, I mean Jeb, there's your basic run of the mill stupid, and then there's you, taking stupid to an entirely new level.
      Because you have been calling me Whalers since I started posting here?

and it was a response to my post. Lol.

Rufus you might be one of the more special ones here. Giving Handyman a run for his money.

Are you going to start wearing a mask in your home when your Keepers tell you do? That’s a serious question.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

False positives, what it is actually testing for, sensitivity of test and labs doing massive testing are all issues.

That doesn’t even get into the issues with the data.
        I work at a biomedical research lab that is voluntarily running 20,000 Covid-19 PCR tests per day. We tested all 2,000 of our own employees multiple times and got zero false positives. False positives can happen, but the rate should be quite low. Thanks for the lecture though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I don't think the false positive rate of PCR tests is nearly as big of a problem as you want us to believe

my company has run thousands of PCR tests on asymptomatic people as part of the process to clear them to return to the office (I've been tested three times, and I don't even go to the office anymore but I am now cleared to do so if I needed to for some reason). There have been zero false positives.
          Huh. That seems... bad. I would think a test threshold is a tradeoff between false positives and false negatives (alpha and beta error) and that you would want to really concentrate on reducing false negatives, which result in sick people spreading contagion, even at the cost of increasing false positives, which are inconvenient and maybe generate more costs for unnecessary follow-on treatment.

A test with no false negatives sounds to me like it is calibrated wrong.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post

Are you going to start wearing a mask in your home when your Keepers tell you do? That’s a serious question.
            I might if I worked outside the home somewhere with a widespread outbreak to minimize the chance that I get infected and then pass it on to other household members. Especially if I had an elderly parent living with me, or some other high risk person in the household.

Comment

I don't think the false positive rate of PCR tests is nearly as big of a problem as you want us to believe

my company has run thousands of PCR tests on asymptomatic people as part of the process to clear them to return to the office (I've been tested three times, and I don't even go to the office anymore but I am now cleared to do so if I needed to for some reason). There have been zero false positives.
              There's a lot of secondary data that supports the growth of cases, as I listed before, hospitalizations are up, ICU availability is very down, deaths are going up, etc. The sum of all the data points to increasing cases and increased harm to people. And this is data from a state that has openly stated that they will be altering the numbers- so if the official trends show that, there's not much one can do to debate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bassale View Post

i might if i worked outside the home somewhere with a widespread outbreak to minimize the chance that i get infected and then pass it on to other household members. Especially if i had an elderly parent living with me, or some other high risk person in the household.
                stop liiviung in feear!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Michigan now requiring masks at all indoor public spaces as well as crowded outdoor spaces. And requires businesses to refuse entry to those not wearing masks.
                  So along with the not at all controversial shirts and shoes required, we now have masks. Big f-ing deal.

How ANYONE can complain about the mask because of whatever is moronic when looked at the whole impact. Besides, companies are private- if they want to kick you out because you wear a red hat, they can.

It's pretty funny how childish people can be when they double down on stupid. Masks work. done.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

stop liiviung in feear!
                    Can't understand you. Take your mask off.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

stop liiviung in feear!
                      especially if you are living with someone at risk- since it's clearly their fault they are at risk. gotta open up!

(I've grown tired if hearing the excuse of "pre-existing conditions" BS. As if that's some kind of excuse that makes it ok that a preventable death happens. IIRC, many accused the Jews of deserving and accepting what the Nazis did to them... It's amazing how similar things sound now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Huh. That seems... bad. I would think a test threshold is a tradeoff between false positives and false negatives (alpha and beta error) and that you would want to really concentrate on reducing false negatives, which result in sick people spreading contagion, even at the cost of increasing false positives, which are inconvenient and maybe generate more costs for unnecessary follow-on treatment.

A test with no false negatives sounds to me like it is calibrated wrong.
                        we've had a fair number of people that had to be re-tested, possibly because quality control metrics were not met for a particular batch of samples/tests -- I'm not sure of the specifics because i'm not involved in the testing.

False negatives is a concern to me because someone can be infected but not shedding virus in sufficient quantities yet.

One interesting thing is there are distinct regional differences in the virus genome in the US. It looks like like the virus made its way into the US from multiple sources and you can trace that lineage.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post

especially if you are living with someone at risk- since it's clearly their fault they are at risk. gotta open up!

(I've grown tired if hearing the excuse of "pre-existing conditions" BS. As if that's some kind of excuse that makes it ok that a preventable death happens. IIRC, many accused the Jews of deserving and accepting what the Nazis did to them... It's amazing how similar things sound now.
                          ^^Absolutely Bat Sh*t Crazy^^

That is Loony Bin material.
                          Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-10-2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

FDA issued an alert for a particular type of test that was returning false positives and recommended that if you tested + with those then you should retest with a different type of test. In the alert it said something to the effect it had not been ok'd (not the words they used) Of course if we were vetting the tests before they came out instead of panicking after screwing up the first distribution then we would actually have some sort of standard.

Comment

I work at a biomedical research lab that is voluntarily running 20,000 Covid-19 PCR tests per day. We tested all 2,000 of our own employees multiple times and got zero false positives. False positives can happen, but the rate should be quite low. Thanks for the lecture though.
                              Wasn’t a lecture. Just pointing out some of the well documented issues that have popped up with the testing.

And there was major testing issues with h1n1 in 2009.

Comment

• Testing Rankings

https://mobile.***********/kylamb8/s...59139769413632

Comment

Working...
                                X