Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 11th Part: Suck It Up And Die Grandpa I Need A Manicure!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Jeb clearly didn't read (or didn't understand) that study referenced in the tweet he shared. He also doesn't seem to grasp the purpose of the guidance for all people to wear masks in public, the emphasis being on limiting spread rather than contraction of the virus.
    And of course there is the issue (among others) about what exactly this study means by "cloth masks" as we know not all cloth masks are equal in either limiting spread or contraction.

It's not surprising from him He's established a precedence of seeing tweets that reinforce his bias, and then take the implications from the tweet's author as fact without bothering to examine the source of the information the tweet is referncing.
    Stauber, thanks, I was literally about to post the exact same thing!

Comment

• Originally posted by net presence View Post

Stauber, thanks, I was literally about to post the exact same thing!
      I don’t need to repost my exact same post then to you also then. Interested to hear your response though.
      Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-08-2020, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Uh, the same way all other vaccines for contagious diseases work even though natural herd immunity didn't? Measles, smallpox, etc.?
        If you get Measles or smallpox you can’t get it again.

This is right from the Mayo Clinic.

“If you've already had measles, your body has built up its immune system to fight the infection, and you can't get measles again. Most people
        born or living in the United States before 1957 are immune to measles, simply because they've already had it.“

By getting the vaccine you are immune and bypass having the full blown disease and any potential consequences from it. If you had the actual disease you would be immune from getting it again, smallpox, measles.

That is much different than what they are saying here with Covid. Where there may not be immunity or it is short lived after having recovered from it.

so again my question is, has there been a response to how a vaccine would get the immune system to create longer term immunity than what occurs after a natural infection where apparently the immune system doesn’t create any immunity.
        Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-08-2020, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Jeb, first of all, I noticed you haven't responded to my post to you a few pages back. Cat got your forked tongue? As for your mask tweet, seriously are you that freaking dense? is your reading comprehension that poor? First, the Tweeter you're linking to is an obvious troll. Still, as Stauber already tried to point out, the study was measuring the differences in effectiveness between a cloth and surgical mask in preventing infection by the person wearing the mask, not preventing the person wearing it from spreading an infection. Which, for the thousandth time is the main reason to wear a mask. Again, with your obvious deficiencies in reading comprehension, I realize why that difference is difficult for you to understand. Regardless, despite your inaccurate rant, the study actually did show a difference in effectiveness between the cloth mask and the standard surgical mask with the surgical mask being measurably more effective. Please, do me a favor, if this is so much ado about nothing, go to Wisconsin and spend an hour or two in a full bar.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/sta...03390579564544

"NEW via @propublica/@nbcnews: In Houston, one of the nation's fastest-growing coronavirus hot spots, more residents are dying before they can get to a hospital. Experts say the trend means the virus’ toll could be even deeper than official tallies show."
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Out of respect for others I won't quote you, Jeb, but thanks for clearing up that you haven't in fact bothered to read what the actual study (that you touted!) said and instead just latched on to what the tweet's author wanted you to think.

You also still don't seem to understand that reducing aerosols in the air rather than preventing them from being breathed in is the value in having everyone "mask up"

Comment

• I work for an autism treatment facility (big company, 3 centers in Kent County alone). In one of our centers, someone tested positive and that center refuses to close down and do a deep cleaning before reopening. Meanwhile, techs who work at that center are like "F you, I'm taking the rest of the week."
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                  You also still don't seem to understand that reducing aerosols in the air rather than preventing them from being breathed in is the value in having everyone "mask up"
                  The mask thing is pretty easy- here's one study- https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs...3252?ref=pdf&# from Chicago that studies the effectiveness of various materials and combinations of materials in a study using flow and particle size of normal breathing.

The study separates the particle size data in >300nm and <300nm. The larger category nicely represents the size of aerosol that one breathes out, the smaller the aerosol that one breathes in, and while not quite understood, currently, the average COVID19 size in ~150nm.

So the study shows the effectiveness of blocking stuff as you breathe OUT and IN in the same study- and it clearly shows that masks can significantly reduce the amount of particles in both sets of sizes. One should note- they do clearly show that fit and leakage is very, very important. But it's interesting that there's clear data that shows a person how they can make a mask that is more effective than an N95 mask

Another study actually shows that the masks appear to be more effective than distancing- as even with the distancing issues that workers had in New York (having to use common travel methods), once masks were required, the drop in cases was dramatic. I posted that study before.

The great irony for people who want to force things to open- if you REALLY want to do that, requiring masks is a very economical way of doing it, as it will reduce the spread dramatically- both allowing businesses to be open and reducing the strain on the healthcare system.

I'm sure there are a lot more studies out there now- with different materials, and different combinations. And one should note that this isn't about making someone money selling masks, as many of these studies are about DIY masks, using materials you may have spare around the house. Or that is cheap at the store.

Unless there's a clear study that has real data that shows otherwise, and the method of testing is clear and representative of real breathing- the data of the effectiveness stands.

Here's what gets many of the right- early in the outbreak, we were told to not wear masks and that it only helps if you are sick. Since then, real data has been generated (multiple times) which has advanced the state of knowledge greatly. But they can't move on from the original statement. I've heard that exact line from real scientists, oddly enough. Once that actually tested the effectiveness of respirators. Instead of adding to the body of knowledge over cloth masks, they just regurgitated the line original line. For them, all that did was make me doubt their opinion- since I would have expected a scientist to WANT to add to the body of knowledge and state of the art instead of not.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Oh whalers, you so funny. You #1 GI. Me love you long time.
                    Now you'll have mookie after you.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• We're Number One. We're Number One. We're Number One.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Whitmer to tighten mask requirements in MI, announcement coming at 11:30. My guess is fines are coming like in TX.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Whitmer to tighten mask requirements in MI, announcement coming at 11:30. My guess is fines are coming like in TX.
                          Quickly followed by Sheriffs who will explain that they refuse to enforce the requirements. Except for people they don't like. But that is for another thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Now you'll have mookie after you.
                            mookie #1. He so big. Big like elephant. Me so horny.
                            Last edited by rufus; 07-09-2020, 12:53 PM.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Whitmer to tighten mask requirements in MI, announcement coming at 11:30. My guess is fines are coming like in TX.
                              Rumor is that Walz is going to announce a mask requirement for Minnesota tomorrow.

Comment

• Well it is the right thing to do...so most likely he will yes. Then the MNGOP and their droolers will talk about how it is tyranny or something.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X