Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 11th Part: Suck It Up And Die Grandpa I Need A Manicure!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post

I don't think there is anything alleged about the death rate dropping. It is not sneaking up on anyone with a functioning brain anymore. March and April we were woefully unprepared. Now those most vulnerable are doing a better job protecting themselves, and long term care facilities are more prepared/being more careful. It is no less deadly, just affecting a less fragile part of the population right now. Jeb likes to throw out the avg age of those that have died, I'd love to see that by week. Are the lower deaths we're seeing now also lower ages? If anything that would make it worse, not better. Throwing allegedly in there just takes away from an otherwise good point. Not that anyone here doesn't either already agree or will never agree anyway....
    We will know more in a couple of weeks. Plus I wont speak in absolutes when we know that Flo(R)ida at least (along with Texas and Arizona if the rumors are true) are flat out lying about how many are dying.

That said the death tolls are smaller even with that but that was why I used "allegedly" because we wont know for a while how bad they fudged the numbers.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• That ICU capacity might always normally run at near capacity ignores the fact ICUs are currently, "under-utilized" from situations that would normally occur were society 100% open. Open everything up and boom...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeb2020 View Post
        At least we can rest assured that the “science” behind the methods of case counting, death statistics, ect is “settled” by the bureaucrats run amok.

https://mobile.twitter.com/phiroc/st...99525524512768

Florida

https://mobile.twitter.com/tlowdon/s...05448815521793

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1280524823576395779

"Breaking News: President Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil has tested positive for the coronavirus after months of dismissing its seriousness. More than 65,000 Brazilians have died."
          First evidence of a benevolent supreme being since 1969.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• One student and one employee at my grad school Bemidji State tested positive...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Texas scrambling to kiss the ring hours after trump says schools must open.

schools in Texas must offer in person classes or they get no funding. Parents can choose remote learning option but schools have to provide in person learning

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-receive-state

Comment

• Trump loves veterans

https://mobile.twitter.com/PaulRieck...36804492902402

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Texas scrambling to kiss the ring hours after trump says schools must open.

schools in Texas must offer in person classes or they get no funding. Parents can choose remote learning option but schools have to provide in person learning

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...-receive-state
                  There will be no science classes, of course.

Comment

• Or Math and Social Studies...
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• When it comes to TX, I think the most telling move will be what's done with Football... Not joking... If they really don't give a rat's ***, Kickoff will be 7:30pm on Friday with any and all welcome...
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• I wonder if a single person who goes around shouting, “but ICUs always run at 90% capacity!” have ever stopped to consider that there’s a REASON that ICUs are generally full. Namely, that a lot of people have non-Corona illnesses. Did all those other needs just magically go away so that we can now devote all of the capacity to Coronavirus patients? Or are people who could normally have benefited from an ICU bed now being kept in lower care level beds to keep some capacity open? Utilization can’t, by definition, go higher than 100%, so when thousands are dying in the streets and hallways, I imagine them still going around shouting, “but ICU utilization is only up by 10% above the typical 90%!”
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Either today's numbers are including a lot of cases that didn't get counted over the July 4th weekend, or whalers' favorite 'gotcha' claim that deaths are falling is about to go the way of all whalers' covfefe pronouncements.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                            I wonder if a single person who goes around shouting, “but ICUs always run at 90% capacity!” have ever stopped to consider that there’s a REASON that ICUs are generally full. Namely, that a lot of people have non-Corona illnesses. Did all those other needs just magically go away so that we can now devote all of the capacity to Coronavirus patients? Or are people who could normally have benefited from an ICU bed now being kept in lower care level beds to keep some capacity open? Utilization can’t, by definition, go higher than 100%, so when thousands are dying in the streets and hallways, I imagine them still going around shouting, “but ICU utilization is only up by 10% above the typical 90%!”
                            They operate near capacity because it is expensive to have ICU beds just sitting around. Read into it, all the info it is right there. You can even find plenty of it prior to Covid.

and yes they actually can go over 100%. It comes down to how much more capacity they can add which they are accustomed to doing. Again it’s all there look into it.

Comment

• I am guessing it is a bit of both. The 50k cases we are adding a day though and the hospitals filling up is not a good sign though.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1280676500656852993

"Navarro urges FDA to reconsider hydroxychloroquine as treatment for coronavirus"
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X