Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 11th Part: Suck It Up And Die Grandpa I Need A Manicure!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I would say it's more like 30% who are stupid, selfish, awful excuses for humanity.
    I don't think so. I think when you meet people 1-on-1 the 271 rule is solid.

The reason we get 40% of the electorate supporting horrific stuff is a secondary effect of the influence of the 1. They are able to con 3 of the 7 to join them, by appealing to fear. Even good people, when afraid, can behave like monsters.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

No. The average human (there is nothing special, good or bad, about Americans) is generous, provided they understand the circumstances.

The rule is 271. 20% of people are wonderful, approaching sainthood. 70% are good, particularly in a crisis. 10% are garbage.

What we've been seeing during this is the 10% have dominated the news, and a portion of the 70% have been hoodwinked by them. There are bad people but most bad is done by good people in ignorance.
      While I think a vast majority of people are good, too- I also think there's a significant portion of this country who just don't want to think for themselves. So when told that this isn't a big deal, or that mask are a bad thing, or we are being fed a lie- in spite of the data generated by largely conservative governments, etc- they just take in what they are told.

In many cases, all of us are that way- we don't have the time or patience to actually look into a story, and if it agrees with what we believe, then.... I admit to that reaction more than once here. But I do look into the data, and see the real trends, too- this not from media sources, but the health departments.

Driving across rural Michigan yesterday, I saw plenty of support for dumpy and his crew- with no thanks to our D governor who pretty much stopped a HUGE outbreak in it's tracks. These people just don't want to bother to think on their own. That's their core fault. Remember, these are the poor people who are more than willing to ruin their kids education so that people who are many orders of magnitude richer can have a tax break. This is a common problem in the state of Michigan- and I have no idea why they are so happy to cut off their noses to spite their face.

And now that this whole thing has turned into an us vs. them thing, logic and reason will never turn them over. Ever. Sad but true. The only think that may change them is if their leaders change their output. Which seems to be happening- but it will be interesting to see the reaction when dumpy gets mad that he's being told that he's wrong.

People like jeb just don't want to be proven wrong. It's never happened once on this board- the more this gets deeper, the harder the shoveling has gotten to bury themselves. People are curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I don't think so. I think when you meet people 1-on-1 the 271 rule is solid.

The reason we get 40% of the electorate supporting horrific stuff is a secondary effect of the influence of the 1. They are able to con 3 of the 7 to join them, by appealing to fear. Even good people, when afraid, can behave like monsters.
        I sort of agree. I think the more inflammatory and outrageous the more we hear about it. The more publicity/attention the more they post, tweet, etc. The people who say they don't care who dies, that people should be willing to take a chance for the economy even if it will result in bad outcome- they are scum- selfish, entitled and not what you want to build society on.

IMHO a large portion of folk right now are being misinformed, lied to or just living a life that doesn't get them exposed to fact. If the information they are basing their decisions and opinions on was correct, then they would not seem as selfish and foolish. It is easy to say how can they not see it/be exposed to it but just this weekend I have talked to a number of people, from different places, who all have the same 'information' and all have seen it reported in a away that has skewed their opinion of the facts they subsequently were informed about. Most of them find the in-congruence difficult to navigate and end up saying they just don't know.

Most of the people on here (a few notable exceptions) are fairly well read/exposed to media and information that is science based. Even with all of us looking at different sources it is difficult to keep up and sift thru what is accurate, what is the most current and what is conjecture at this moment.

Add to that the penchant for people being encouraged to feed on a constant diet of outrage and viola!

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          Driving across rural Michigan yesterday, I saw plenty of support for dumpy and his crew- with no thanks to our D governor who pretty much stopped a HUGE outbreak in it's tracks. These people just don't want to bother to think on their own. That's their core fault. Remember, these are the poor people who are more than willing to ruin their kids education so that people who are many orders of magnitude richer can have a tax break. This is a common problem in the state of Michigan- and I have no idea why they are so happy to cut off their noses to spite their face.
          My dad went for a bike ride north of Alpena this morning. One small Biden yard sign, lots of big "Trump 2020 KAG" signs. But please, Scott Adams acolytes, tell us more about how he was right to Tweet that Republicans will be hunted and killed if Biden wins, because you're all too scared of nasty, 'violent' libs to go out in public wearing your MAGA/KAG hat or put up your Trump yard sign. :-D

Comment

• https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ad/3283270001/
            Sonorans tightening border with Arizona. The irony
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

My dad went for a bike ride north of Alpena this morning. One small Biden yard sign, lots of big "Trump 2020 KAG" signs. But please, Scott Adams acolytes, tell us more about how he was right to Tweet that Republicans will be hunted and killed if Biden wins, because you're all too scared of nasty, 'violent' libs to go out in public wearing your MAGA/KAG hat or put up your Trump yard sign. :-D
              But they're all so big and manly. Manly men. Libbies are skinny little dorks who couldn't do 20 bench presses if you paid them.

Scared of them?

Oh, you mean scared of the darker pigmented folks. I see.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                Add to that the penchant for people being encouraged to feed on a constant diet of outrage and viola!
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Trumper Twitter is all about Hydroxcloroquine again. The stupid are so easily fleeced...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Speaking of stupid: https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1279142640055812096

Peter Navarro went on MSNBC and said the Chinese made COVID in a lab and sent thousands of Chinese Nationals here to infect us and destroy our economy. No...I am dead serious.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/mbeckett/status/...160634880?s=19

Comment

• Also, does not understand science. Even without the loss of data from key states, there IS a time lag from positive cases to deaths. Just like there is a delay from positive cases to hospital rates.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/justin_ha...99417696997377
                          Last edited by Jeb2020; 07-03-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• Cali

https://mobile.twitter.com/justin_ha...39798549069824

And just a solid tweet

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dierenbac...49163553398787

Comment

• More making the numbers look reeeeal good.

https://mobile.twitter.com/justin_ha...22176864468993

Comment

• #science

https://mobile.twitter.com/justin_ha...85129449615360

Comment

Working...
                                X