Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covfefe-19 The 11th Part: Suck It Up And Die Grandpa I Need A Manicure!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1278745273804697602

"Florida reports over 10,000 coronavirus cases in single day, marking new high"
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Herman Cain Has the COVID

Good thing he went to the rally...
      Thoughts and prayers.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Republicans would like you to know if the COVID doesnt kill you it doesnt matter and isnt problematic. That is the way they spin it now.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1278745273804697602

"Florida reports over 10,000 coronavirus cases in single day, marking new high"
          Like Groundhog Day, every day is a new record

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Sure, I don't respond to any number of trolling posts here. But doesn't the fact that someone responded to a post suggest they didn't find the post to be trolling, that they found something to respond to? Or do you and Handy just get to decide who is the troll and who is not, and the rest of us need to abide by that decision?
            I hear what you are saying.

I apologize if my request sounded imperious. It's not an attempted command, it's a plea.

And I do believe engagement takes precedence and that the onus is on the person who doesn't want to deal with the troll. I agree with you a policy of prejudging people as trolls, when they may simply be voicing an unpopular viewpoint, would be a disaster for the forum and for free expression in general.

Right now I have two people blocked. One disagrees with me all the time. One agrees with me 95% of the time. So I feel personally confident in claiming that my identification of a poster as a troll does not have to do with their and my partisanship. It's my assessment, for myself, of their sincerity in wanting to engage on the merits as opposed to their desperation to assuage whatever deep psychological deficiency they have by taunting others and defacing a public space.

But I get everything you are saying and I'll stop asking people to ignore. They can make their own choices.

TL;DR: Point taken.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Sayeth the guy who still thinks Bob and Joe were being sincere all the way to the end of their times on this board.
              I do think they were sincere. They did not agree with us and they were smart as-ses about it, and they could be negligent at times with their rhetoric, but if that's the standard then I'm a troll too and so are half of the people who post here regularly. I will give you credit in this regard: you are not being hypocritical. You keep a tempered approach under all circumstances and frankly I wish I had your self-discipline and it's why I always include you as a model for a poster to emulate. dx was another and I hope he hasn't gone off permanently, I miss his level-headed posts.

I don't include myself as a model poster because (1) I'm obnoxious and disliked, and (2) I mean just look at this response. I could have said everything necessary in about 8 words. I couldn't be more verbose if Soros was paying me by the word. It's a f-cking self-parody of windbaggery.

Bob Gray would get p-ssed off and he had a bit of a martyr complex, but that doesn't make him a troll, it makes him a human being with an ideology that has convinced him he's better than us.

joecct wasn't a troll at all. Yeah, he could say things that didn't stand up to the highest standards of logic but, again, so could we all. There have been plenty of times when smarter people than I have pointed out the logical inconsistencies in my arguments and I have had to either eat it or own it and say along with Huck, "then I'll go to hell" and claim my ground with no logical footing at all.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Republicans would like you to know if the COVID doesnt kill you it doesnt matter and isnt problematic. That is the way they spin it now.
                Statistically speaking that is very, very accurate. Has nothing to do with politics.

Its entertaining watching people try so hard to make things justifiable within their political bubble.

They can get many things right but then struggle with so many basic common sense issues.

The cult aspect is very interesting very much like religion.

Good luck buddy!

Comment

• I do love all the people co-opting "my body, my choice" as their reason no to wear a mask.

I wonder how many of them were against the original use of that phrase...
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                    I do love all the people co-opting "my body, my choice" as their reason no to wear a mask.

I know, right?

Also, so weird to hear "Pro-Life" people not give two sh**s about spreading the virus causing others to die.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                      Sooooo thiiiiiiiiirsty.
                      Thirsty for the cack?
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I do love all the people co-opting "my body, my choice" as their reason no to wear a mask.

You beat me to it!!! Just saw this and couldn’t believe it.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

There is nothing remotely idealistic or principled about refusing to mask in public places around other people. It is a supremely selfish act.

Comment

• Headlines write themselves

https://mobile.twitter.com/sfchronic...43840367050757

Comment

• It’s going under the radar, not surprising given Texas and Florida, but Alaska has just reported back to back days or record positive cases, 38 and 39 respectively.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Get ready for home schooling this fall.
                                This country is so stupid in their handling of this and all these "OPEN UP!" morons are doing is extending how long this hurts.
                                And the sad part is they don't care.
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Working...
                                X